Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP-Friends vServer S vs Avoro Rootserver S
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP-Friends vServer S vs Avoro Rootserver S

@PHP_Friends I saw your vServer S and wondered why the Rootserver S from Avoro costs the same, but has double cores and disk space (and 20% less memory). Are there any other differences I did overlook?

Comments

• why not open a ticket with them?

Thanked by 1tjn
  • simple! order rootserver s from avoro and keep the secret.

• threads that could be a support ticket!!

Thanked by 1tjn
  • It's a thricket.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • edited December 2023

Take the drunk mexican.

(Disclaimer: This post has zero basis besides that i think being friends with a scripting language is massively gay)

• @lukast__ said:
    @PHP_Friends I saw your vServer S and wondered why the Rootserver S from Avoro costs the same, but has double cores and disk space (and 20% less memory). Are there any other differences I did overlook?

is the cpu model same?

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@lukast__ said:

We are currently rebuilding PHP-Friends, the same products will also be offered there, but we still have to publish an update for our control panel, please note, however, that the products at PHP-Friends are always associated with a contract and a notice period for cancellations, therefore usually cheaper than the counterpart at Avoro as a prepaid server.

• @PHP_Friends
    We want high disk options like Avoro for php-friends :)

Currently php-friends is under contract and cheap but cpu/ram

Avoro prepaid and cheap, Less cpu/ram more disk

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @PHP_Friends said:
    We are currently rebuilding PHP-Friends, the same products will also be offered there, but we still have to publish an update for our control panel, please note, however, that the products at PHP-Friends are always associated with a contract and a notice period for cancellations, therefore usually cheaper than the counterpart at Avoro as a prepaid server.

Already excited. Any ETA?

@blackjack4494 said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Yes, probably January

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2023

@PHP_Friends said: Yes, probably January

So... tomorrow? :trollface:

• @PHP_Friends said:

@blackjack4494 said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Yes, probably January

avoro vroot server include vat?

i am not live it Europe, can remove the vat or not?

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited December 2023

@raymond said:

@PHP_Friends said:

@blackjack4494 said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Yes, probably January

avoro vroot server include vat?

i am not live it Europe, can remove the vat or not?

VAT will be removed during purchase if your billing address is not in EU.

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • @PHP_Friends said:

As the products seem to be changing a bit, I wanted to ask whether you will still be offering the IO warranty and/or the dedicated 1Gbit connection with the new products.

• What is Xeon CPU type for vps product?

• @faleddo said:
    What is Xeon CPU type for vps product?

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz

Thanked by 1faleddo

@lukast__ said:

@PHP_Friends said:

As the products seem to be changing a bit, I wanted to ask whether you will still be offering the IO warranty and/or the dedicated 1Gbit connection with the new products.

IO warranty is not planned anymore on the new plans. 1 GBit/s is always possible, all systems get shared 10 GBit/s.

Thanked by 1lukast__
  • @PHP_Friends said:

@lukast__ said:

@PHP_Friends said:

IO warranty is not planned anymore on the new plans. 1 GBit/s is always possible, all systems get shared 10 GBit/s.

The G3 systems are, according to https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd/hostsysteme, conncected with 4 x 10 GBit/s. Is the 10 Gbit/s a software restriction, or do the new systems only have 10 Gbit/s physically? If the latter, is it still somehow redundant?

@lukast__ said:

@PHP_Friends said:

@lukast__ said:

@PHP_Friends said:

The G3 systems are, according to https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd/hostsysteme, conncected with 4 x 10 GBit/s. Is the 10 Gbit/s a software restriction, or do the new systems only have 10 Gbit/s physically? If the latter, is it still somehow redundant?

Yes its redundant, the new systems only have 2x 10 GBit/s

Thanked by 1lukast__
  • Very good company ! Also good Service. You won't regret buying service from Avoro and PHP-Friends

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • Just buy both lol

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • @PHP_Friends said:

But how do you make sure 1 Gbit/s is always available? At the old servers there was 1 Gbit/s dedicated. As I understand it, a few high-traffic servers could use up most bandwidth, or is there some mechanism to prevent that?

• @PHP_Friends said:
    Yes, probably January

Any progress in this regard?

And, after rereading my previous comments, I noticed that they could be taken as criticism, which is completely unintentional. I am a customer of PHP-Friends and can absolutely recommend them - fast and helpful support, great connectivity and fair prices.
    I just want to buy a vServer from them and am unsure whether I should buy one from the current generation or wait and buy one of the new servers. The advantages (I can see) of the new servers are that they have more cores and, I think, unlimited traffic. The disadvantage that bothers me a bit is that you no longer have a dedicated 1Gbit/s connection.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@lukast__ said:

@PHP_Friends said:
    Yes, probably January

And, after rereading my previous comments, I noticed that they could be taken as criticism, which is completely unintentional. I am a customer of PHP-Friends and can absolutely recommend them - fast and helpful support, great connectivity and fair prices.
    I just want to buy a vServer from them and am unsure whether I should buy one from the current generation or wait and buy one of the new servers. The advantages (I can see) of the new servers are that they have more cores and, I think, unlimited traffic. The disadvantage that bothers me a bit is that you no longer have a dedicated 1Gbit/s connection.

Perhaps I misremember, but I don't recall that they ever offered a dedicated 1Gbit/s connection on their standard plans. Are you certain that they did?

• remyremy Member
    edited January 25

@lukast__ said:

@PHP_Friends said:
    Yes, probably January

I'd also like to see the new servers range on php-friends. Maybe next week ?
    Depending on the price, it may be worth making a commitment.

And this new range of servers is really great. (Tested ryzen rootserver)

• Avaro.eu are already the new package. Am I right ? @PHP_Friends

• remyremy Member

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Avaro.eu are already the new package. Am I right ? @PHP_Friends

Yes, that's the one I use.
    But I'd also like to be able to buy them cheaper on php friends with an annual contract.
    That's what I'm looking for :)

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited January 25

@remy said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Avaro.eu are already the new package. Am I right ? @PHP_Friends

Yes, that's the one I use.
    But I'd also like to be able to buy them cheaper on php friends with an annual contract.
    That's what I'm looking for :)

Avoro and PHP-Friends are same company, so just open a ticket and ask them.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

I see, this page says:

Bis zu diesem Wert können Sie Ihre dedizierte 1 GBit/s-Netzwerkkarte voll ausnutzen.

At the same time, it's a bit odd that they don't say this in the descriptions of the servers:

https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd