Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colo recommendations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colo recommendations

2»

Comments

• DirectNodeNLDirectNodeNL Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2023

We can supply you colocation at Ijsselstein, The Netherlands.

This include 1 Gbit uplink (20 TB Bandwith) with default /32 IPv4 and /64 IPv6.
    There is no KVM included, but for a setup fee we can install it for you.

When shipped to us, we will install it free in our rack!

Pricing: 25 €/month

Thanked by 1nekosabre
  • JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

We can Supply you with Colocation in our Rack in the outskirts or Birmingham UK
    We can Provide on a 1Gb (RJ45) or SPF+ / Fibre (10Gbit Link)

Single IPV4 (Can Provide additional if required)
    /64 IPV6 Provided as default
    25TB Bandwidth

there is No KVM as Default but can offer use of our PI KVM boxes when required.

if you are shipping the device or dropping off in person racking is Free

Pricing is £40

Thanked by 2nekosabre kenjing789
  • edited December 2023

@DirectNodeNL could you explain what your connection to Xeroz.tech is?

• @SGraf said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

I have a Mac Mini I am looking to colocate - UK/NL location is preferred but all of Europe considered.

1Gb port with a minimum of 10TB transfer is essential, but 20TB+/unmetered would be much preferred.

I'd need to ship the hardware and have it set up by the host so some level of remote hands/KVM will be necessary.

Looking at the specs it seems the Mac Mini draws very little power (7W idle, 50W max) so I would think even the 0.3A I have seen offered on most 'budget' 1U offerings would be sufficient?

Any recommendations appreciated!

Cheers

Just for fun, because i am here - Orders for this can only be placed via Ticket.:

Tiny Device Colo (VIENNA)

• Suitable for NUC or 2 Bay Synology NAS.
    • 50W of Power included.
    • 10 TB @ 1Gbps
    • IPv4 1 IPv4 addresses included
    • IPv6 /64 IPv6 subnet included

€20/month excl. VAT (Yearly Payment Term)

Limitations:

• No Remote-Hands included. At this price its not possible to guarantee a response time or include anything related to RH.). Clients with a NUC can borrow one of my "lantronix spider" kvm units... from time to time (no extra cost) ....when i have to go to the DC anyway.
    • Hardware Sourcing (See at the bottom of the post).

1U RouterBoard Colo (Vienna or Amsterdam)

• 1U for a Mikrotik RouterBoard
    • Power Included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps
    • (Bring Your Own IP is Possible)

€15/month excl. VAT (Yearly Payment Term)

Possible Upgrades:

• Traffic: Upgrade to 10TB Traffic +5 Euro / Month
    • Vienna: Connect to VOIXP (1G) - 0 Euro / Month
    • Amsterdam: XC to Frys-IX (1G) - 5 Euro / Month
    • Amsterdam: 1G to Nikhef (VLAN, + 1 SwitchPort on my gear in Nikhef, can add additional SwitchPort in Nikhef at 8 Euro / Month each): 25 Euro / Month
    • VLAN between Amsterdam and Vienna - Open a Ticket for Pricing Information.

Limitations:

• No Remote-Hands included.

1U MicroColocation (Vienna or Amsterdam)

• 1U
    • 50W of Power included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

• Amsterdam: 1G to Nikhef (VLAN, + 1 SwitchPort on my gear in Nikhef, can add additional SwitchPort in Nikhef at 8 Euro / Month each): 25 Euro / Month

Limitations:

Hardware-sourcing: ....A note on Hardware that can be installed...This is required to mitigate risks related to faulty hardware...

• The Hardware has to be sourced either thru me directly or has to be "new" (or re-certified) from reputable vendors. If i am asked to help with sourcing hardware, then we can talk about for the client/user paying for the hardware in installments.
    • No Single-Board Computers like RaspBerryPI, Beaglebord or similar DIY Kits.
    • I refuse the right to reject any Hardware shipments. So please check with me first if i am okay with the hardware you want to put into "colocation".

All Pricing excludes VAT if applicable. Only limited amounts of space/Inventory available.

50W would not be enough. How much for a "normal" power usage in vienna?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

I have a Mac Mini I am looking to colocate - UK/NL location is preferred but all of Europe considered.

1Gb port with a minimum of 10TB transfer is essential, but 20TB+/unmetered would be much preferred.

I'd need to ship the hardware and have it set up by the host so some level of remote hands/KVM will be necessary.

Looking at the specs it seems the Mac Mini draws very little power (7W idle, 50W max) so I would think even the 0.3A I have seen offered on most 'budget' 1U offerings would be sufficient?

Cheers

We are here in Texas and offer micro colo if interested.

https://my2.dataideas.com/store/colo/micro

here is our looking glass
    http://looking.dataideas.com/

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@gbzret4d said:

@SGraf said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

Just for fun, because i am here - Orders for this can only be placed via Ticket.:

• 50W of Power included.
    • 10 TB @ 1Gbps

Limitations:

• No Remote-Hands included. At this price its not possible to guarantee a response time or include anything related to RH.). Clients with a NUC can borrow one of my "lantronix spider" kvm units... from time to time (no extra cost) ....when i have to go to the DC anyway.

• Power Included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

• 1U
    • 50W of Power included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

Hardware-sourcing: ....A note on Hardware that can be installed...This is required to mitigate risks related to faulty hardware...

• The Hardware has to be sourced either thru me directly or has to be "new" (or re-certified) from reputable vendors. If i am asked to help with sourcing hardware, then we can talk about for the client/user paying for the hardware in installments.
    • I refuse the right to reject any Hardware shipments. So please check with me first if i am okay with the hardware you want to put into "colocation".

All Pricing excludes VAT if applicable. Only limited amounts of space/Inventory available.

How much power are you looking for? Feel free to send (ticket) or dm me the hardware spec if you do not know.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

For that power usage, we can offer 1U colocation at £25/month in London at Volta Great Sutton Street. Unmetered bandwidth and 30 minutes scheduled remote hands a month. We've been around for over 10 years and at the datacentre since it's inception, so not going anywhere with your kit.

Thanked by 1nekosabre
  • @SGraf said:

@gbzret4d said:

@SGraf said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

• 50W of Power included.
    • 10 TB @ 1Gbps

Limitations:

• Power Included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

• 1U
    • 50W of Power included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

How much power are you looking for? Feel free to send (ticket) or dm me the hardware spec if you do not know.

about 200W

@totally_not_banned said:

DirectNode has taken over xeroz.tech as a company, but we do not maintain it.

• edited December 2023

@DirectNodeNL said:

I see. Thanks for the information. Could you also tell me when that happened? Besides if i were you i'd keep an eye on the operation. DirectNodeNL gives a pretty respectable impression while Xeroz.tech comes across as somewhat sketchy.

@DirectNodeNL said:

I see. Thanks for the information. Could you also tell me when that happened? Besides if i were you i'd keep an eye on the operation. DirectNodeNL gives a pretty respectable impression while Xeroz.tech comes across as somewhat sketchy.

This has been since Nov. 1 2023. If you think you have heard or know of something that is not right at Xeroz.tech. feel free to let us know via a dm. We would be happy to take a look and we can discuss this with the individuals at Xeroz.tech

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned

@gbzret4d said:
    about 200W

Power in Vienna is on the expensive side. Upgrading the promotional plans to 1A is not possible.

For the Power-Commit that you are looking for - please consider the "normal" colocation offers.

With those services there are a few nice things included by default such as a /29 IPv4 and A/B power feeds (instead of just a single power connection).

Vienna_Colocation:

• Space: 1U
    • Power: 75W (A/B Feed)
    • Traffic: 25TB@1G
    • IPv4: /29 (5 Usable Addresses)

Base-Price: 100/Month
    (Add +50 for an Upgrade to 1A Power Draw + 50TB Traffic)

Amsterdam_Colocation:

• Space: 1U or 2U
    • Power: 100W (A/B Feed)
    • Traffic: 25TB@1G
    • IPv4: /29 (5 Usable Addresses)

Base-Price: 50/Month
    (Add +25 for an Upgrade to 1A Power Draw + 50TB Traffic)

Possible Upgrades:

• Addon-IPv4 Addresses (each): 1.5 Euro /Month
    • Addon-IPv6 Network(s): Up to a /48 if justified. - FREE
    • BGP Session: FREE
    • Additional SwitchPort for OOB/IPMI Connection: FREE
    • Traffic-Upgrades: Open a Ticket for Pricing Information.
    • Dedicated VLAN between Amsterdam and Vienna - Open a Ticket for Pricing Information.

• Thanks!
    Netherlands would also be possible since im located in austria
    I will contact you in some time ;)

@gbzret4d said:
    Thanks!
    Netherlands would also be possible since im located in austria
    I will contact you in some time ;)

Whenever you are ready, no rush.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d