Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colo recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colo recommendations

Hello,

I have a Mac Mini I am looking to colocate - UK/NL location is preferred but all of Europe considered.

1Gb port with a minimum of 10TB transfer is essential, but 20TB+/unmetered would be much preferred.

I'd need to ship the hardware and have it set up by the host so some level of remote hands/KVM will be necessary.

Looking at the specs it seems the Mac Mini draws very little power (7W idle, 50W max) so I would think even the 0.3A I have seen offered on most 'budget' 1U offerings would be sufficient?

Any recommendations appreciated!

Cheers

Thanked by 1c1vhosting

Comments

• @nekosabre said:
    Hello,

I have a Mac Mini I am looking to colocate - UK/NL location is preferred but all of Europe considered.

1Gb port with a minimum of 10TB transfer is essential, but 20TB+/unmetered would be much preferred.

I'd need to ship the hardware and have it set up by the host so some level of remote hands/KVM will be necessary.

Looking at the specs it seems the Mac Mini draws very little power (7W idle, 50W max) so I would think even the 0.3A I have seen offered on most 'budget' 1U offerings would be sufficient?

Cheers

1U Colocation (We'll mount it on a shared shelf)
    Power included (GREEN SOURCES ONLY)
    28TB/month @ 1Gbps
    IPv4 1 IPv4 addresses included
    IPv6 /48 IPv6 subnet included

€15/month VAT incl.
    Order today, pay for three months upfront, and you'll get one month for free.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@c1vhosting said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

28TB/month @ 1Gbps

€15/month VAT incl.

oh my, that's such a insane low price we might take advantage of that ourselves for a DNS server or something like that :O

Location?

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @sillycat said:

@PulsedMedia said: Location?

Basement.

Garage.

@sillycat said:

Basement.

@tronyx said:

@sillycat said:

Basement.

Garage.

lol, facts or jokes?

• @PulsedMedia said: lol, facts or jokes?

It's not a datacenter: https://www.google.com/maps?q=41.668561,12.503751

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2023

@PulsedMedia said: lol, facts or jokes?

No one knows. Streetview shows residential building. c1vhosting never shared any pictures / denied / confirmed shit.

Yet you can read it's "state of the art datacenter" / Tier-3 DC that lost power yesterday - seems like single line. Then was DDOSed and 195781587178 other stories. Don't even ask about uptime :-)

If you want to send stuff there to idk, have some hobby project then it probably works. Serious stuff? Uhmm no.

Thanked by 1v3ng

@kait said:

yea that looks a bit residential indeed.

then again, looks can be deceptive; from outside our place looks like this

There's also big ISP/Telco DCs in the same building. This is the building all sea fiber from Stockholm terminates to.

@JabJab said:

No one knows. Streetview shows residential building. c1vhosting never shared any pictures / denied / confirmed shit.

Yet you can read it's "state of the art datacenter" / Tier-3 DC that lost power yesterday - seems like single line. Then was DDOSed and 195781587178 other stories. Don't even ask about uptime :-)

If you want to send stuff there to idk, have some hobby project then it probably works. Serious stuff? Uhmm no.

Ok, good to hear.

Stuff like additional DNS servers don't require 99.9999% uptime, those are designed to fail over. 99.99% is enough. That's auto-failover.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@kait said:

There's also big ISP/Telco DCs in the same building. This is the building all sea fiber from Stockholm terminates to.

@PulsedMedia is supermarket!? :O

Can I get groceries with my next order?

• @PulsedMedia said:

@c1vhosting said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

28TB/month @ 1Gbps

€15/month VAT incl.

oh my, that's such a insane low price we might take advantage of that ourselves for a DNS server or something like that :O

Location?

Pomezia (Rome - Italy)
    Let me know your requirements :)

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

Hello,

We are happy to offer colocation from our Equinix AM5 (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) location. We offer free rack and stacking for colocation orders and we also offer KVM's if needed.

The offer would be:
    1U Colocation Equinix AM5
    1x 1G Port with 50TB bandwidth included (unmetered inbound)
    A + B Power (in your case we can connect your Mac mini to an ATS to offer the same type of power redundancy from our end)
    0.3Amp power usage
    2.5Tbps DDoS Protection

For €60/month

Do know that we can only rack the Mac mini if there is a rack mounting kit provided.

Feel free to reach out through our website with any questions you have or when you are interested in ordering :)

Thanked by 1nekosabre
  • @Moopah said: is supermarket!? :O

Client:

Are you using water cooling at your DC?

Provider:

No, we just put those servers in the fridge at the local grocery store, right below the Hákarl. No one will ever look there.

@Moopah said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@kait said:

@PulsedMedia is supermarket!? :O

Can I get groceries with my next order?

Same building yea. There's a good selection of beer, including craft beer i think ;)

Lots of traffic on the small public area of the building adds some added security, plenty of eyes around 24/7. Those people don't have access anywhere near the DCs, even if they knew DCs were in that building.

Oh it's very large building, the very last segment on left you see on that photo is still part of the building. Goes underground too.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

Hello, we can offer colocation in Nuremberg, Germany. Here would be our colocation plan.

1U Colocation Space
    30TB with 1 Gbps Port
    1 x C13 Power Port
    50W Power Allocation
    Located in Nuremberg, DE
    €35 per month

KVM sessions are billed at €5 each, maximum of 3 hours per day. Remote hands are billed at €21 per 15 minutes. There may be a €21 euro fee for the initial racking depending on how long remote hands takes.

Rack shelf and C13 adapter/power plug will have to be provided by you. We will provide an ethernet cable. The first 3 KVM sessions are free of charge. If you would like, we could also include a 10 Gbps burstable port for free, but you may need to provide adapters.

Thanked by 1nekosabre
  • @c1vhosting thats really cheap. Is it possible to send my mini pc to you for colocation for that cheap price ?

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @d2411 said:
    @c1vhosting thats really cheap. Is it possible to send my mini pc to you for colocation for that cheap price ?

Absolutely, write me in DM to arrange everything

• Anyone have any reviews of C1vhosting? Doesn't seem to be much positive chatter on LET.

• alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

We can do that. The cons will be the energy price, but is a exotic location in Republic of Moldova.

We own the datacenter, hardware and network.

Check our Colocation pricing:
    https://alexhost.com/colocation-in-moldova/

1Gbps (we have a option for dedicated port)
    350W
    DDoS Protection

77€ / monthly

Do you need more? Just open a ticket support and we will see what we can do :)

Alexhost

Thanked by 1nekosabre

@verl20 said:
    Anyone have any reviews of C1vhosting? Doesn't seem to be much positive chatter on LET.

Apart from random bashing comments, i failed at quick glance to find decent feedback. Random comments from unknowns (to me) are not exactly the most reliable source ...

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

Just for fun, because i am here - Orders for this can only be placed via Ticket.:

Tiny Device Colo (VIENNA)

• Suitable for NUC or 2 Bay Synology NAS.
    • 50W of Power included.
    • 10 TB @ 1Gbps
    • IPv4 1 IPv4 addresses included
    • IPv6 /64 IPv6 subnet included

€20/month excl. VAT (Yearly Payment Term)

Limitations:

• No Remote-Hands included. At this price its not possible to guarantee a response time or include anything related to RH.). Clients with a NUC can borrow one of my "lantronix spider" kvm units... from time to time (no extra cost) ....when i have to go to the DC anyway.
    • Hardware Sourcing (See at the bottom of the post).

1U RouterBoard Colo (Vienna or Amsterdam)

• 1U for a Mikrotik RouterBoard
    • Power Included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps
    • (Bring Your Own IP is Possible)

€15/month excl. VAT (Yearly Payment Term)

Possible Upgrades:

• Traffic: Upgrade to 10TB Traffic +5 Euro / Month
    • Vienna: Connect to VOIXP (1G) - 0 Euro / Month
    • Amsterdam: XC to Frys-IX (1G) - 5 Euro / Month
    • Amsterdam: 1G to Nikhef (VLAN, + 1 SwitchPort on my gear in Nikhef, can add additional SwitchPort in Nikhef at 8 Euro / Month each): 25 Euro / Month
    • VLAN between Amsterdam and Vienna - Open a Ticket for Pricing Information.

Limitations:

• No Remote-Hands included.

1U MicroColocation (Vienna or Amsterdam)

• 1U
    • 50W of Power included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

• Amsterdam: 1G to Nikhef (VLAN, + 1 SwitchPort on my gear in Nikhef, can add additional SwitchPort in Nikhef at 8 Euro / Month each): 25 Euro / Month

Limitations:

Hardware-sourcing: ....A note on Hardware that can be installed...This is required to mitigate risks related to faulty hardware...

• The Hardware has to be sourced either thru me directly or has to be "new" (or re-certified) from reputable vendors. If i am asked to help with sourcing hardware, then we can talk about for the client/user paying for the hardware in installments.
    • No Single-Board Computers like RaspBerryPI, Beaglebord or similar DIY Kits.
    • I refuse the right to reject any Hardware shipments. So please check with me first if i am okay with the hardware you want to put into "colocation".

All Pricing excludes VAT if applicable. Only limited amounts of space/Inventory available.

• @verl20 said:
    Anyone have any reviews of C1vhosting? Doesn't seem to be much positive chatter on LET.

the colo may be cheap, but good luck ever getting your hardware back.

Thanked by 1Peppery9
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@kait said:

Interesting! Nice looking building though

• @SGraf said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

Just for fun, because i am here - Orders for this can only be placed via Ticket.:

• 50W of Power included.
    • 10 TB @ 1Gbps

Limitations:

• No Remote-Hands included. At this price its not possible to guarantee a response time or include anything related to RH.). Clients with a NUC can borrow one of my "lantronix spider" kvm units... from time to time (no extra cost) ....when i have to go to the DC anyway.

• Power Included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

• 1U
    • 50W of Power included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

Hardware-sourcing: ....A note on Hardware that can be installed...This is required to mitigate risks related to faulty hardware...

• The Hardware has to be sourced either thru me directly or has to be "new" (or re-certified) from reputable vendors. If i am asked to help with sourcing hardware, then we can talk about for the client/user paying for the hardware in installments.
    • I refuse the right to reject any Hardware shipments. So please check with me first if i am okay with the hardware you want to put into "colocation".

All Pricing excludes VAT if applicable. Only limited amounts of space/Inventory available.

Vienna colo this cheap? Been looking for something similar for ages, might open a ticket :)

@shruub said:

@SGraf said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

• 50W of Power included.
    • 10 TB @ 1Gbps

Limitations:

• Power Included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

• 1U
    • 50W of Power included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

Vienna colo this cheap? Been looking for something similar for ages, might open a ticket :)

Just be certain you have read and understood the "limitations"/restrictions in the post, that make it possible to offer it at this price.

• @SGraf said:

@shruub said:

@SGraf said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

• 50W of Power included.
    • 10 TB @ 1Gbps

Limitations:

• Power Included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

• 1U
    • 50W of Power included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

Just be certain you have read and understood the "limitations"/restrictions in the post, that make it possible to offer it at this price.

Yup, saw them, thanks. I haven't got any hardware yet and unless i massively screw up, it should be fine.

@shruub said:

@SGraf said:

@shruub said:

@SGraf said:

@nekosabre said:
    Hello,

Cheers

• 50W of Power included.
    • 10 TB @ 1Gbps

Limitations:

• Power Included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

• 1U
    • 50W of Power included
    • 5 TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

Possible Upgrades:

Limitations:

Yup, saw them, thanks. I haven't got any hardware yet and unless i massively screw up, it should be fine.

I am happy to advise on hardware configurations as well. Plus i do have some things in inventory, that would allow for budget friendly deals...

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tronyx said:

@sillycat said:

Basement.

Garage.

Kitchen.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@verl20 said:

Apart from random bashing comments, i failed at quick glance to find decent feedback. Random comments from unknowns (to me) are not exactly the most reliable source ...

Nah... you want numbers, I agree.

Over a period of 1 month, the VPS I have with him has 7% of packet loss. Measured from a well respected VPS provider in Europe that hardly has any downtime or network issues.

Of that, there is one period of 10+ hours of complete downtime (on the 25th). When I discard that period of time, it still leaves me with around 3% of packet loss.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @fluffernutter said:

@verl20 said:

the colo may be cheap, but good luck ever getting your hardware back.

Have you had any experience to affirm it?
    Just arrange shipping and you’re ok..