Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024)

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@lmml said:

@dustinc said:

@lmml said:
    @dustinc Sometimes, I will use rclone to move files with sizes ranging from 1G to 500G. Does this meet the usage requirements of racknerd?
    Currently I own two flash sale vps from racknerd and they are awesome

Hi @lmml -- We do not have an issue with this per say, assuming this is legal/legitimate usage :)

Many of our VPS customers use their services for rclone among other similar applications/tools.

What about CPU usage? I think this is important to me because I will consider whether to put a large computational load program into a vps

@lmml -- We believe in fair share, we actually don't have a set limit per say but we do closely monitor our nodes, internally with a custom coded scripts, along with third party monitoring. We've also developed a lot of internal tools that help with performance, etc.

At the end of the day, we ensure our customers have the ability to burst resources, though if end users plan on sustained 24x7 usage (hammering CPU 24x7 etc) then obviously, a VPS probably wouldn't be the best fit.

We do everything well, and our end users have been quite respectful. If I had to give a general rule of thumb, I'd say as long as your average CPU utilization (when averaged out over a one month period) remains at or below 30% - there should be no problems. If you feel that your usage will align well with what I had just described, then go ahead and proceed as intended, and if we notice any issues with your utilization we will reach out to you, and work with you accordingly. Would love to learn more about your real world usage, send me an email at [email protected] and I can help get you on the right solution, while understanding your day to day :)

Thanked by 2Arjun42 0xC7

@FrankZ said:
    In keeping with tradition ....

CHEERS-TO-DAVE 🥳🥳🥳

This is a good one!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Hi, I would like to double the bandwidth. Order Number: 5002833538
    Thanks!

@dahartigan said:
    Very awesome to see these new deals! Hope you had a good Christmas/last few days if you don't celebrate, everyone :)

Happy New Year @dahartigan :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @lmml said:

@noob404 said:

@niranjan said:
    RACKNERD'S NEW YEAR DEALS ARE HERE! IT'S PARTY TIME, BABY!

I am really looking forward to one final appearance from the Chef before the year ends.

Maybe in the next second.

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

FOMO on the Chef's deals are high

• @OKHao said:
    Hi, I would like to double the bandwidth. Order Number: 5002833538
    Thanks!

@dustinc

• PARTY TIME! 🥳🥳🥳 RACKNERD-NEW-YEAR-2024

• @FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:
    This New Year's gonna be a RackNerd New Year much like the RackNerd BF!

This could be your thread. Top prize is there just waiting for you to claim it.

Returning champion participating? BTW, congrats on the MSI Laptop win!

Thank you for the congratulations. I am not after prizes and will not be taking the top prize for sure. Besides Dustin is already said he is going to send me a RN t-shirt and what could be better than that. :)
    I am just trying to have some fun. I enjoy these RN threads a lot.

That's really generous of you. BTW, loved your X-mas poem. BTW, I don't think I can participate in this giveaway. Got exams next month.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@six said:
    Awesome deals! Can't wait for more.

Hi @six -- Thank You so much! Glad to see you're finding our New Year 2024 deals to be attractive :)

Stay active within this thread, we'll certainly be doing more giveaways to celebrate the New Year right!

• @dustinc said:

@six said:
    Awesome deals! Can't wait for more.

Hi @six -- Thank You so much! Glad to see you're finding our New Year 2024 deals to be attractive :)

Stay active within this thread, we'll certainly be doing more giveaways to celebrate the New Year right!

Are there gonna be little reminders just before the giveaway, like on the BF thread, giving us F5 warriors time to prepare?

• @MrEd where is the new tracker let's go @FrankZ can I have laptop this time ? Or should I aim for xbox

• @codelock said:
    @MrEd where is the new tracker let's go @FrankZ can I have laptop this time ? Or should I aim for xbox

Was gonna request him one for this thread.

@FrankZ said:
    Does anyone know if the Ashburn or Strasbourg location has IPv6 ?
    I don't see it on the looking glass but wanted to double check because FOMO.

@FrankZ -- Great question! Our Strasbourg, France location has native IPv6 support :) This has been a popular location for us, and actually sold out during Black Friday.

However, the good news is that we have new inventory which arrived to France earlier today. We'll be doing a major restock in this location soon (before the new year hits is the goal - though realistically, it may run into the first week of January). The new servers still need to be racked and configured.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@noob404 said:
    Yes, we are here! Awesome offers!

@noob404 -- Let's gooo! You made it over here 🎉

• PARTY TIME! 🥳🥳🥳 RACKNERD-NEW-YEAR-

@noob404 said:
    Great way to begin the New Year!!!

Right? Couldn't agree more.

#AINT-NO-PARTY-LIKE-A-RACKNERD-PARTY

Thanked by 10xC7

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:
    This New Year's gonna be a RackNerd New Year much like the RackNerd BF!

This could be your thread. Top prize is there just waiting for you to claim it.

Awesome motivation @FrankZ 🍾

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • AINT-NO-PARTY-LIKE-A-RACKNERD-PARTY

• new thread new party go go go go go go

• AINT-NO-PARTY-LIKE-RACKNERD-PARTY

• EVERYONE WANTS A NEW LAPTOP GO GO GO GO

• how many pages will we reach 1000? 2000? 2024? no one knows go go go go

• @dustinc said:

@noob404 said:

Ofcourse I made it. I was a part of the hype team over on the BF thread, albeit for a few days + a happy customer of the flash sale and won the Swissgear backpack, that I am loving. Wouldn't miss the NY thread.

• @noob404 said:

@dustinc said:

@noob404 said:

Ofcourse I made it. I was a part of the hype team over on the BF thread, albeit for a few days + a happy customer of the flash sale and won the Swissgear backpack, that I am loving. Wouldn't miss the NY thread.

go go go everyone is happy here because rackenerd

• checkout this cool recap of the year

@JasonM said:

RACKNERD'S NEW YEAR DEALS ARE HERE! IT'S PARTY TIME, BABY!

Hello, hello @JasonM! Hope the holidays treated you well. Thank You for joining our New Year party :)

Wishing you tons of success, and I hope you achieve everything you desire and more in 2024.