Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AS9009 abuse - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AS9009 abuse

2»

Comments

• You can filter on a multitude of factors with CIDRAM - https://github.com/CIDRAM/CIDRAM

• @totally_not_banned said:

@jsg said:

@LeroyJ said:

@jsg said:
    I think that, M247, must be seen in relation. Compared to most other carriers in Romania, and in particular compared to RCS (or whatever) M247 is almost wonderful ...

I should prepare for more molestation and victimization? :(

I'm afraid if you want/need a server in Romania, highly likely yes.
    Don't get me wrong, I dislike M247 quite much too but oh well, Romania is Romania ...

I don't think he wants a server there but rather is intimidated by people signing up to his service with non-dialup IPs, which is kind of a strange metric in my opinion. I mean while i (in absolutes theory - i'd never actually do it) could directly connect the internet these days it's not been all that long ago when that would have been a security nightmare and a 100% no-go.

I'd somewhat understand if he wanted to block commercial VPNs as those probably have a higher than average percentage of bad guys but even this would block a massive amount of perfectly fine people with blanket banning VPNs in general just being complete madness.

Explanation may seem strange, but it is what it is:

my clientele is non-tech savvy users. "Noob" is the correct term. And it is my target client, tech savvy and pro users has no business with me and is totally unwanted.

• edited December 2023

@LeroyJ said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@jsg said:

@LeroyJ said:

@jsg said:
    I think that, M247, must be seen in relation. Compared to most other carriers in Romania, and in particular compared to RCS (or whatever) M247 is almost wonderful ...

I should prepare for more molestation and victimization? :(

I'm afraid if you want/need a server in Romania, highly likely yes.
    Don't get me wrong, I dislike M247 quite much too but oh well, Romania is Romania ...

I don't think he wants a server there but rather is intimidated by people signing up to his service with non-dialup IPs, which is kind of a strange metric in my opinion. I mean while i (in absolutes theory - i'd never actually do it) could directly connect the internet these days it's not been all that long ago when that would have been a security nightmare and a 100% no-go.

I'd somewhat understand if he wanted to block commercial VPNs as those probably have a higher than average percentage of bad guys but even this would block a massive amount of perfectly fine people with blanket banning VPNs in general just being complete madness.

Explanation may seem strange, but it is what it is:

my clientele is non-tech savvy users. "Noob" is the correct term. And it is my target client, tech savvy and pro users has no business with me and is totally unwanted.

Why would coming in over a VPN would mean tech savy? I could easily have users in my household that wouldn't be able to tell a mouse from a flower pot (VPN runs on the router).

• @jsg said:

@shruub said:
    spur.us and ipqualityscore.com work alright.

How awfully funny. NOT.

They do work alright, not sure what you mean.

• I’m sorry for your victimization

• @totally_not_banned said:
    Why would coming in over a VPN would mean tech savy? I could easily have users in my household that wouldn't be able to tell a mouse from a flower pot (VPN runs on the router).

Be serious - those people will go to you with every PC related stuff and those are still not the target for OP.

• edited December 2023

@JabJab said:

@totally_not_banned said:

Be serious - those people will go to you with every PC related stuff and those are still not the target for OP.

Well, not really because *"I have no clue about Windows, sorry." ;) Besides we don't know what kind of service OP offers. He never said he would be providing support to PC illiterate people. It's fully possible he offers something i can't.

• They say life is about balance & the balance is in my account now

• MustafaMustafa Member
    edited December 2023

Its not possible to get rid of abusers on public vpn's. Design systems to be resilient to it, ip reputation checks are less and less effective. You can get residental proxies for cheap.
    M247 are good people, one of few hosts in Romania with any significance.

Thanked by 1Calin