Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AS9009 abuse
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AS9009 abuse

M247.ro how many of you heard about this shitty cest pit? Constant stream of abusive signups via VPNs with company IP ranges. And they have a lot of them! Save to /dev/null whole ASN?

Thanked by 2sasslik speedypage

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
  • tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@LeroyJ said: Save to /dev/null whole ASN?

Not recommend you this route, this impacts connectivity way too bad.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • M247 is very popular with VPN providers.
    Don't think they are fully to blame for that

Thanked by 1let_rocks
  • Romania, welcome.

• sillycatsillycat Member
    edited December 2023

@LeroyJ said: Constant stream of abusive signups

Welcome to the Internet. Nice to have you here. Let me introduce you to the concept of captchas.

• @sillycat said:

@LeroyJ said: Constant stream of abusive signups

Welcome to the Internet. Nice to have you here. Let me introduce you to the concept of captchas.

What a silly cat...

• @LeroyJ said: What a silly cat...

No u

Thanked by 1shruub
  • edited December 2023

OP did those Romanians touch your network in an inappropriate way?

• @totally_not_banned said:

This! Yes! They do :( may I get complementary teddy bear to show where I was violated?

Holy shit, m247 AS has ~1.6 mil of IPs! :o

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Just block them. Fraud orders will be gone.

• @LeroyJ said:

@totally_not_banned said:

This! Yes! They do :( may I get complementary teddy bear to show where I was violated?

Wait, you didn't know how large M247 was?

• @LeroyJ said:

Wait till you meet the shithole exemplary netizen that is Hinet Taiwan. Then you might need more than a teddy bear ;)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I think that, M247, must be seen in relation. Compared to most other carriers in Romania, and in particular compared to RCS (or whatever) M247 is almost wonderful ...

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @jsg said:
    I think that, M247, must be seen in relation. Compared to most other carriers in Romania, and in particular compared to RCS (or whatever) M247 is almost wonderful ...

I should prepare for more molestation and victimization? :(

Thanked by 2emgh dahartigan
  • Grr grr grr! I also want the clearname obligation in the interwebs! Lets also ban Hetzner, BuyVM and all the others having tor exit nodes on their network!

• @shruub said:
    Grr grr grr! I also want the clearname obligation in the interwebs! Lets also ban Hetzner, BuyVM and all the others having tor exit nodes on their network!

Good point. I certainly pre-blocked all digitalocean and linode ASNs. Those spam like crazzy!

To the topic: is there any free good vpn detection api service?

• @LeroyJ said: To the topic: is there any free good vpn detection api service?

No, I can recommend some payed once though.

• MoopahMoopah Member
    edited December 2023

@LeroyJ said:

@shruub said:
    Grr grr grr! I also want the clearname obligation in the interwebs! Lets also ban Hetzner, BuyVM and all the others having tor exit nodes on their network!

Good point. I certainly pre-blocked all digitalocean and linode ASNs. Those spam like crazzy!

Blocking 0.0.0.0/0 blocks all IPv4 VPNs

• @LeroyJ said:

@shruub said:

spur.us and ipqualityscore.com work alright.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • Yeah I know this problem.
    I started to block AT&T, Comcast and all the other shitty cest pits and I don't get any orders anymore.
    Can only recommend 9/10.
    Maybe I should try the blocking of 0.0.0.0/0 like recommend above to get to a 10/10?

Thanked by 1Fubukibox
  • @user54321 said: Maybe I should try the blocking of 0.0.0.0/0 like recommend above to get to a 10/10?

Start with blocking Cloudflare.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • There was a guy on this forum with project to "determine" if IP is vpn/proxy. Any bells ringing?

• I'm not 100% convinced filtering is necessarily needed at all. What exactly is the problem you are facing OP? Please define abusive signup.

• @totally_not_banned said:
    I'm not 100% convinced filtering is necessarily needed at all. What exactly is the problem you are facing OP? Please define abusive signup.

Vpn/proxy users are unwanted. Just that.

• @LeroyJ said: Vpn/proxy users are unwanted. Just that.

Are you joking?

• edited December 2023

@LeroyJ said:

I'm not 100% convinced filtering is necessarily needed at all. What exactly is the problem you are facing OP? Please define abusive signup.

Vpn/proxy users are unwanted. Just that.

Why? What have i done to you? Or rather why would you want to exclude me from your service?

Thanked by 3jsg sillycat lll
  • edited December 2023

@LeroyJ said:

@jsg said:

I'm afraid if you want/need a server in Romania, highly likely yes.
    Don't get me wrong, I dislike M247 quite much too but oh well, Romania is Romania ...

@shruub said:
    spur.us and ipqualityscore.com work alright.

How awfully funny. NOT.

• edited December 2023

@jsg said:

@LeroyJ said:

@jsg said:

I'm afraid if you want/need a server in Romania, highly likely yes.
    Don't get me wrong, I dislike M247 quite much too but oh well, Romania is Romania ...

I don't think he wants a server there but rather is intimidated by people signing up to his service with non-dialup IPs, which is kind of a strange metric in my opinion. I mean while i (in absolutes theory - i'd never actually do it) could directly connect the internet these days it's not been all that long ago when that would have been a security nightmare and a 100% no-go.

I'd somewhat understand if he wanted to block commercial VPNs as those probably have a higher than average percentage of bad guys but even this would block a massive amount of perfectly fine people with blanket banning VPNs in general just being complete madness.

Thanked by 1jsg