Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RDP Offer: 8 cores @ 2.20/3.60GHz, 8 GB RAM, 128GB HDD, 100MB bandwidth, Windows 11 | 9.99€/mo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RDP Offer: 8 cores @ 2.20/3.60GHz, 8 GB RAM, 128GB HDD, 100MB bandwidth, Windows 11 | 9.99€/mo

2»

Comments

• Iam not from the USA, so I can whatever I want :p

• @dev_vps said: You must have a license for the software (and you agree to its terms and conditions) before installing on your home pc.

You must have a license for the software (and you agree to its terms and conditions) before installing on your datacenter server

• @dev_vps said: Then you should proceed with caution

He just got an unexpected twist in the case

• @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: You must have a license for the software (and you agree to its terms and conditions) before installing on your home pc.

You must have a license for the software (and you agree to its terms and conditions) before installing on your datacenter server

Yes.... And ?....

• @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: You must have a license for the software (and you agree to its terms and conditions) before installing on your home pc.

True, but you are the who wrote this

@jenkki said:

Your home PC is your personal PC, you can do whatever you want on it.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2023

@dev_vps said: True, but you are the who wrote this

What's the reason for MS of having two versions?

• @jenkki said:

Business and Consumers

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

@jenkki said:

Actually Microsoft has more than two versions
    You have no clue

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/windows

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@dev_vps said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@dev_vps said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: Windows 11 Enterprise Version

I guess that only for office workstations, isn't?

I was under the same impression that you weren't allowed to run normal windows remotely.

Are those allowed to be used remotely or is it that just that you may use those in virtualization? I'm very sorry but i'm way to lazy to actually read all the legal talk ;)

I always prefer running Windows Server OS

it can do anything that desktop version can, and it is far stable and resource optimized

Even on 2gb VPS with decent cpu core

@HostEONS
    his VDS with one dedicated ryzen 39xx core is the one I recommend for best value/performance VPS

You can use cpu core 100% for extended hours
    Under $5 per month

Totally agree you can easy setup a Windows Server 2022 server desktop envoirement on a Contabo 4,50/month package then you have a running windows machine

yes, Windows Server can do everything that desktop version can + much much more

Server OS is better resource optimized. It can be installed even on 1gb memory vps, provided it has powerful cpu core such as Ryzen

I even use server edition on my home PC because all the crap is stripped out of it and if I need a specific driver for games or something I just install in

Yeah, that's how it comes across even when you haven't used Windows in almost 20 years: Windows Server = the better Windows in general.

• edited December 2023

@jenkki said:
    upgrade the HDD to more modern media.

HDDs are cool. I run them not because i'm a cheap bastard but out of pure spite :D

• @dev_vps said: Actually Microsoft has more than two versions

Well, it's kind of fun. You can be as you want.

When we are talking about a home computer and a server in a data center, it is necessary to separate the grain from the chaff, don't you think?

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2023

@totally_not_banned said: HDDs are cool

And 100 Mbps network for 8 Gb and 8 Cores.. :smiley:

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: Actually Microsoft has more than two versions

Well, it's kind of fun. You can be as you want.

When we are talking about a home computer and a server in a data center, it is necessary to separate the grain from the chaff, don't you think?

Sir, it is hard to argue with such logic

@jenkki said:

Your home PC is your personal PC, you can do whatever you want on it.

• It's when you're offered a Porsche with an old engine and that goes at the speed of a bicycle. But cheap.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • Looks dodgy as fuck to me. Staying away from this would be a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.