Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RDP Offer: 8 cores @ 2.20/3.60GHz, 8 GB RAM, 128GB HDD, 100MB bandwidth, Windows 11 | 9.99€/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RDP Offer: 8 cores @ 2.20/3.60GHz, 8 GB RAM, 128GB HDD, 100MB bandwidth, Windows 11 | 9.99€/mo

Hello,

we are starting to sell our RDP offerings, under Windows 11 and hypervised under natively supported hardware (UEFI, TPM 2.0, necessary CPU requirements, etc.).

We have found that many hosting providers' RDP offerings are extremely expensive. For example, I saw an offer similar to ours, for €39.99/month... the margin exerted by hosts is enormous.

This is why for our part we have created an RDP offer under Windows 11 (for the moment we cannot provide an activation key, but it is quite simple to obtain one on the Internet legally and inexpensively), the offer has 8 Xeon cores clocked at 2.20GHz base but with a 3.60GHz turbo, 8 GB of DDR4 ECC RAM, 128 GB of HDD disk space (voluntarily limited to 500MB/s symmetrical on the read/write side, for information the clusters are equipped with original 10K HP SAS disks in RAID 10), and an IPv4 located in France with a throughput of 100MB/s symmetrical best effort, on our AS. At the moment we cannot provide IPv6 (simply because our transit provider does not offer it).

The price for this offer is 9.99€/month. (our legal status does not require us to charge VAT)

The offer is here: https://kanade.fr/index.php?rp=/store/rdp (French website by default)

You can get a one-time discount using the promo code "lowendtalk".

For the moment the installations are not automated, we install the machines manually (in particular due to the fact that we have to install specific drivers linked to VirtIO, in the future we intend to create an automatic deployment of post-payment machines).

You have an IPv4 but please avoid doing anything wrong with it, especially scanning, our transit provider does not like that and your IP risks being nullrouted immediately. Same thing for spam on port TCP/25.
Additionally, if you would like to create a Tor exit node, please contact us first. We are Tor-Friendly, but it has the bad effect of blacklisting our IPs from almost everywhere.

We have anti-DDoS on all protocols, and by default all incoming UDP flows are filtered. If you would like to open a UDP port (for example to host a game server), please let us know via ticket so that we can review the request.

Have a nice day.

Comments

• Please tell us the CPU model, the region, and whether the coupon code is for a single offer or a rolling offer, thank you.

• @Nullbox said:
    Hello,

the offer has 8 Xeon cores clocked at 2.20GHz base but with a 3.60GHz turbo, 8 GB of DDR4 ECC RAM, 128 GB of HDD disk space (voluntarily limited to 500MB/s symmetrical on the read/write side,

Can your RDP service handle 1080p youtube video in browser windows?

• @Nullbox said: Windows 11

Licensed? Is it even legal to provide a Desktop version on the VPS?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

@jenkki said:

@Nullbox said: Windows 11

Licensed? Is it even legal to provide a Desktop version on the VPS?

Windows 11 Enterprise Version
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/windows/windows-11-enterprise?rtc=1

I would rather prefer Windows Server 2022 / 2025

2025 version has same theme as Windows 11

@Nullbox
    Do you license to install Windows 11 on VPS?

• @dev_vps said: Windows 11 Enterprise Version

I guess that only for office workstations, isn't?

• @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: Windows 11 Enterprise Version

I was under the same impression that you weren't allowed to run normal windows remotely.

Are those allowed to be used remotely or is it that just that you may use those in virtualization? I'm very sorry but i'm way to lazy to actually read all the legal talk ;)

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2023

@dev_vps said: dev_vps

Windows Server 2022

Windows 11

There no difference at all?

Just curious..

• @totally_not_banned said:

@jenkki said:

I was under the same impression that you weren't allowed to run normal windows remotely.

Are those allowed to be used remotely or is it that just that you may use those in virtualization? I'm very sorry but i'm way to lazy to actually read all the legal talk ;)

I always prefer running Windows Server OS

it can do anything that desktop version can, and it is far stable and resource optimized

Even on 2gb VPS with decent cpu core

@HostEONS
    his VDS with one dedicated ryzen 39xx core is the one I recommend for best value/performance VPS

You can use cpu core 100% for extended hours
    Under $5 per month

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

@jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: dev_vps

Windows Server 2022

Windows 11

There no difference at all?

Just curious..

Melody khaao aur khudd jaan jaao

on a serious note
    I prefer running Windows Server 2019 / 2022

Look at my previous post

• @dev_vps said: I always prefer running Windows Server OS >it can do anything that desktop version can, and it is far stable and resource optimized

We are talking about the legitimacy of using Desktop versions on servers in the data center. The fact that you personally use it somewhere is your problem.

• 128 HDD also killer deal.

• @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: I always prefer running Windows Server OS >it can do anything that desktop version can, and it is far stable and resource optimized

We are talking about the legitimacy of using Desktop versions on servers in the data center. The fact that you personally use it somewhere is your problem.

I have already answered that and even provided the MS link.

All depends on whether service provider is taken all the necessary licenses from Microsoft.

• @dev_vps said: I have already answered that and even provided the MS link.

Well then I don't understand why you provide screenshots of Windows Server 2022 when OP talking about Windows 11? Inconsistency.

• @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: I have already answered that and even provided the MS link.

Well then I don't understand why you provide screenshots of Windows Server 2022 when OP talking about Windows 11? Inconsistency.

just to highlight, that the latest Windows Server OS version looks just like Windows 11

There is no reason to run desktop versions on VPS, in my opinion

• @dev_vps said: There is no reason to run desktop versions on VPS, in my opinion

The OP needs to heed your advice. And also upgrade the HDD to more modern media.

• @jenkki
    I am running Windows Server 2019 on VPS that has just 2gb memory and has HDD storage

All depends on the use case for the VPS

• @dev_vps said: I am running Windows Server 2019 on VPS that has just 2gb memory and has HDD storage

Why are you telling me this? I don't care what you do.

This is about a specific proposal, not about you and what you do with yourself.

• @dev_vps said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@jenkki said:

it can do anything that desktop version can, and it is far stable and resource optimized

@HostEONS
    his VDS with one dedicated ryzen 39xx core is the one I recommend for best value/performance VPS

Under $5 per month

Totally agree you can easy setup a Windows Server 2022 server desktop envoirement on a Contabo 4,50/month package then you have a running windows machine

• @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: I am running Windows Server 2019 on VPS that has just 2gb memory and has HDD storage

Why are you telling me this? I don't care what you do.

This is about a specific proposal, not about you and what you do with yourself.

Because you are the ONE advising OP , not to use HDD.

And I told you, it depends on the use case

@jenkki said:

The OP needs to heed your advice. And also upgrade the HDD to more modern media.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

@WhiteRoseG said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

@HostEONS

Under $5 per month

Totally agree you can easy setup a Windows Server 2022 server desktop envoirement on a Contabo 4,50/month package then you have a running windows machine

yes, Windows Server can do everything that desktop version can + much much more

Server OS is better resource optimized. It can be installed even on 1gb memory vps, provided it has powerful cpu core such as Ryzen

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @dev_vps said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

@HostEONS

Under $5 per month

Server OS is better resource optimized. It can be installed even on 1gb memory vps, provided it has powerful cpu core such as Ryzen

I even use server edition on my home PC because all the crap is stripped out of it and if I need a specific driver for games or something I just install in

• This provider only post offers and leave. Never reply to any comments in their offer threads.

• @WhiteRoseG said: I even use server edition on my home PC

Your home PC is your personal PC, you can do whatever you want on it. This is a public offering of a commercial datacenter. Legally, they can't do whatever they want.

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@dev_vps said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

@HostEONS

Under $5 per month

I even use server edition on my home PC because all the crap is stripped out of it and if I need a specific driver for games or something I just install in

Exactly.
    That is desktop version is sluggish on 2gb, whereas the server OS does not.

• @jenkki said:

@WhiteRoseG said: I even use server edition on my home PC

Your home PC is your personal PC, you can do whatever you want on it. This is a public offering of a commercial datacenter. Legally, they can't do whatever they want.

Are you from the USA ?

• @dev_vps said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@dev_vps said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

@HostEONS

Under $5 per month

Exactly.
    That is desktop version is sluggish on 2gb, whereas the server OS does not.

You get it ! massgrave.dev

• @jenkki said:

@WhiteRoseG said: I even use server edition on my home PC

Your home PC is your personal PC, you can do whatever you want on it.

No sir, you can not install anything you want.

You must have a license for the software (and you agree to its terms and conditions) before installing on your home pc.

• @malignify said:
    This provider only post offers and leave. Never reply to any comments in their offer threads.

Then you should proceed with caution

This discussion has been closed.