Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My review of iHostART / @Calin - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My review of iHostART / @Calin

124»

Comments

• @M66B said:

@dahartigan said:
    How is the chicken?

The chicken is busy with an existential question, whether the egg or the chicken was first. The chicken doesn't have time for reviews, which can be summarized as N/A.

Chicken fragrance: N/A
    Chicken appearance: N/A
    Chicken performance: N/A
    Chicken bricklaying: N/A
    Chicken presentation: N/A
    Chicken cooking time: N/A
    Chicken victimisation: N/A
    Chicken farmer communication: N/A
    Chicken farmer quality: N/A
    Chicken farm overall score: N/A

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • Any news yet? We are waiting.

• I don't know whats worse, this thread or iHostArt's reputation on LET.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • @dahartigan said:
    Any updates?

New thread coming soon! ™

Thanked by 3niranjan dahartigan jsg
  • @andrewnyr said:
    this thread

I don't know what your problem is. Review thread with 4 pages of replies and no review in sight seems perfectly normal to me.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • We're quite concerned about the welfare of this particular chicken. Cluck.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Chicken was shill of @Calin :neutral: ?

• @revo23sd said:
    i think calin installs OS's himself

I think that might explain it. Installing Windows Server from floppy disks is just a very special type of hellish.

• edited December 2023

Since OP seemingly can't be bothered to update the thread i'll take it upon myself to fill everyone in on the current situation. According to OP:

@revo23sd said:

OP also explained in another thread that upon hearing the news of the dead HDDs he was absolutely devastated that all his hard work of setting up a seedbox was lost and he even cried a little and then proceeded to smash his keyboard. In OP's own words:

@revo23sd said:
    I was so angry that i did not know how to control myself.

When questioned about the outlook of having to wait (probably again almost a week) for new HDDs to arrive he stated that

@revo23sd said:
    shit sucks

and said that he was just about to buy plane tickets to Romania to

burn the motherfucker to the ground

@Calin i have a feeling you might have fucked with the wrong person here.

Thanked by 2ScreenReader jsg
  • @totally_not_banned said:
    Since OP seemingly can't be bothered to update the thread i'll take it upon myself to fill everyone in on the current situation. According to OP:

@revo23sd said:

OP also explained in another thread that upon hearing the news of the dead HDDs he was absolutely devastated that all his hard work of setting up a seedbox was lost and he even cried a little and then proceeded to smash his keyboard. In OP's own words:

@revo23sd said:

When questioned about the outlook of having to wait (probably again almost a week) for new HDDs to arrive he stated that

@revo23sd said:
    shit sucks

That is clearly faked. what the fuck bro

• @revo23sd said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@revo23sd said:

@revo23sd said:

@revo23sd said:
    shit sucks

Did the chicken arrive yet?

• edited December 2023

@revo23sd said:

@revo23sd said:

@revo23sd said:

@revo23sd said:
    shit sucks

Yeah, OK, you didn't exactly say that "shit sucks" but it was kind of like that and the whole flow is way better if you say that "shit sucks". Don't mess with the good story line please.

• Any news yet? We are waiting.

• I’ve had my HetrixTools monitors on “do not disturb” since my iHostArt boxes go up and down so often its not really worth being notified about.

Being on vacation I haven’t logged into Discord nor looked at anything besides my unified email address.

No comms from iHostArt. I assume nothing happened with any of boxes on STOR-1, STOR-2, and STOR-3. Right? Otherwise I would have received an email notification, right?

Or was this communicated to the half dozen (sometimes you can count them on one hand) Discord members only?

Renewals for a large % of customers is on the 4th. If things went tits up (I literally have not checked) we may have an involcration again…

• @mikewazar said:
    I’ve had my HetrixTools monitors on “do not disturb” since my iHostArt boxes go up and down so often its not really worth being notified about.

Being on vacation I haven’t logged into Discord nor looked at anything besides my unified email address.

No comms from iHostArt. I assume nothing happened with any of boxes on STOR-1, STOR-2, and STOR-3. Right? Otherwise I would have received an email notification, right?

Or was this communicated to the half dozen (sometimes you can count them on one hand) Discord members only?

Renewals for a large % of customers is on the 4th. If things went tits up (I literally have not checked) we may have an involcration again…

I'm not a consumer of them but there must have been some kind of notice as that's obviously what resulted in the thread about the storage node's dead HDDs. I'd have expected this to be copy-pasted from an eMail but if you didn't receive any then it might very well also been a Discord message, i guess...

@mikewazar said:
    I’ve had my HetrixTools monitors on “do not disturb” since my iHostArt boxes go up and down so often its not really worth being notified about.

I'm not a consumer of them but there must have been some kind of notice as that's obviously what resulted in the thread about the storage node's dead HDDs. I'd have expected this to be copy-pasted from an eMail but if you didn't receive any then it might very well also been a Discord message, i guess...

I logged into Discord and saw it just now. I don’t think Discord should be the primary point of contact for customers when a -total loss of data occurs-

A shit one, and even shittier timing.

• edited December 2023

@mikewazar said:

@mikewazar said:

I logged into Discord and saw it just now. I don’t think Discord should be the primary point of contact for customers when a -total loss of data occurs-

Shit sucks, right?

@mikewazar said:

@mikewazar said:

Shit sucks, right?

At least I can refill the backup relatively quickly. Getting data off was always the worry. Lets see how network is now I guess

• @mikewazar said:

@mikewazar said:

@mikewazar said:

Shit sucks, right?

At least I can refill the backup relatively quickly. Getting data off was always the worry. Lets see how network is now I guess

Yeah, from what i read the boxes should be back up by now but consumers were in parts instructed to mount the storage partition themself. Not sure if you got that notice but it's somewhere at the end of the other thread, i think.

@mikewazar said:

@mikewazar said:

@mikewazar said:

Shit sucks, right?

Yeah, from what i read the boxes should be back up by now but consumers were in parts instructed to mount the storage partition themself. Not sure if you got that notice but it's somewhere at the end of the other thread, i think.

I’m up to date with what happened now. One of my nodes is back up doing the refill since it just needed the disk formatted and mounted.

The other is fucked. Probably unfuckable if I had more than a locked down travel iPhone with me until I’m back home.

Tested network on the one that isn’t fucked. 800 down, 600 up. Yay.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • revo23sdrevo23sd Member
    edited December 2023

Can confirm they are back up. I am currently waiting on a OS reinstall because it corrupted my swizzin install :(

Once I get it all setup again and have a few days to use it, I will post the new review

• @revo23sd said:

Can confirm they are back up. I am currently waiting on a OS reinstall because it corrupted my swizzin install :(

Once I get it all setup again and have a few days to use it, I will post the new review

Nice to see some updates! So nice that i'll even skip the obvious questions at hand ;)