Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is blesta worth it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is blesta worth it?

Guys is blesta worth it? they have an ongoing sale which gives me a 100$ off making the bill only 150$ (still a lot for me actually) which is like a nice deal https://i.e-z.host/p4kjvmp0.png
this would be unbranded owned.

Okay so basically I know a provider who used to use blesta for like at least more than half a year and he moved to whmcs saying there were bugs on it and it had no growth.
Now I saw another post on another forums saying something similar and devs needing to fix or do some dev stuff to do whatever they needed and they said it was comfortable for developers.
Well now what I can say is I'm not a developer and I've tried blesta at the start of the year and I didn't like it very much as it was complex to setup even configurable options for game hosting plans. But if blesta is worth it I think I can sacrifice that complexity and just set up the software.

Now I was also considering to just use blesta by purchasing a buyshared webhosting or reseller hosting plan and reselling webhosting with them with the use of blesta.

Now I still do not want to commit with blesta yet as I want to hear your opinion.

Now there's whmcs, I noticed they got no owned licenses so we gotta pay those 18$ monthly stuff but I found a whmcs reseller named asurahosting who sell whmcs for just 10$ but we'd need to purchase their resellerhosting service which is of this price https://i.e-z.host/6pyslhf8.png

so ya I've used them before twice and I liked them but I kinda for some reason do not want to use whmcs I mean it is the best option right now but ya like idk lol

and there's clientexec, I found licensepal doing a cheap resell of the license and I checked their trial once long ago but I don't remember much so I need to recheck ig.

So ya guys let me know what yall think.

blesta or whmcs or clientexec?

• blesta can buy the owned license for either 150$ right now or get it for free with buyshared.
  • get whmcs for 10$ but with a reseller plan like maybe 5$ from asurahosting
  • get clientexec for 10$ from licesepal and use them.

Comments

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

You can get whmcs license for 8.95$ from skynethosting, (they provide it for free if you bought their reseller hosting and the cheapest plan start 8.95$ included the whmcs)
    You can use it on external server too,

• @mustafamw3 said:
    You can get whmcs license for 8.95$ from skynethosting, (they provide it for free if you bought their reseller hosting and the cheapest plan start 8.95$ included the whmcs)

I don't think we're allowed to use the license on another provider if we bought it with their reseller plan. WHMCS doesn't allow that afaik as we need to host it with the provider we got it from.

• the most recent 5 star review on trustpilot for skynethosting seems to be in august.
    But the most recent 1 star reviews are very recent and seeing that time gap makes me doubtful, any idea?
    https://i.e-z.host/fw4d1rp3.png

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

I don't think we're allowed to use the license on another provider if we bought it with their reseller plan. WHMCS doesn't allow that afaik as we need to host it with the provider we got it from.

They allowed it, I already asked them, you can ask them too

• @mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

oh I see thanks for the info, also any idea about why their trustpilot is like thay?

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

oh I see thanks for the info, also any idea about why their trustpilot is like thay?

I used their reseller hosting, unreliable and alot of downtimes. I Only use the whmcs license

• @mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

I used their reseller hosting, unreliable and alot of downtimes. I Only use the whmcs license

oh so you currently just use their whmcs license that skynet provides?

• how long have you been doing that?> @mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Thanked by 1darkh0rse

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Currently migrated to clientexec, But I used to be customer at skynethosting for long time, they have live chat support, and first month 45% discount, try them, If you have a question their support team always online, they are 16 years in business.

• @mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Currently migrated to clientexec, But I used to be customer at skynethosting for long time, they have live chat support, and first month 45% discount, try them, If you have a question their support team always online, they are 16 years in business.

their sales team is offline today as its sunday ig and any reason why you changed to clientexec? I'd like to know as I'm considering clientexec too. also define long time, 6 months? 1 year?

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

their sales team is offline today as its sunday ig and any reason why you changed to clientexec? I'd like to know as I'm considering clientexec too. also define long time, 6 months? 1 year?

6 months
    Whmcs is great and has alot of features, But I don't need most of the features, That's why I migrated to clientexec, it's user friendly and does the job, I only use cpanel, directadmin, virtfusion and all of it included in clientexec.
    Also skynethosting offers branded whmcs license(power by whmcs solutions) If you want to remove branding, you can pay 10$ extra monthly to remove branding.

• @mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

6 months
    Whmcs is great and has alot of features, But I don't need most of the features, That's why I migrated to clientexec, it's user friendly and does the job, I only use cpanel, directadmin, virtfusion and all of it included in clientexec.
    Also skynethosting offers branded whmcs license(power by whmcs solutions) If you want to remove branding, you can pay 10$ extra monthly to remove branding.

I'm fine with branded, thanks for the info mate.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • I would suggest to buy a VPS from @HostEONS or BuyVM and get a free Blesta license as long as you have the VM active with them.
    Both of them starts at around $3/month.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @sh97 said:
    I would suggest to buy a VPS from @HostEONS or BuyVM and get a free Blesta license as long as you have the VM active with them.

I'm currently leaning towards whmcs a lil more cuz it has 1 feature that I like.

• @sh97 said:
    I would suggest to buy a VPS from @HostEONS or BuyVM and get a free Blesta license as long as you have the VM active with them.

does hosteons have a minimum cart requirement for getting blesta from them?

• @ArrowBoi said:

@sh97 said:

Nope, I got mine for the $16/yr BF sale.

• @sh97 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sh97 said:

any idea if they're doing any christmas sale?

• tbh buyshared gives free blesta with heir yearly webhosting which starts from 8gb sooo ya.

• We try blesta before but it was not what we expect. The main point for Blesta owned license is cheap, especially when on holiday special you can get even cheap.

• @temasektech said: We try blesta before but it was not what we expect.

oh so did you end up going with another software?

@temasektech said: The main point for Blesta owned license is cheap, especially when on holiday special you can get even cheap.

ya

• @ArrowBoi said:

@sh97 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sh97 said:

any idea if they're doing any christmas sale?

they do
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191276/hosteons-krampus-giveaways-christmas-offers-vps-offers-in-9-dc-kvm-ovz-us-eu/p1

• @mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mustafamw3 said:

I tried to purchase it but the offer doesn't apply at the end at checkout, any idea on what the discount code is?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I hated blesta after using it for a few months

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@ArrowBoi said:

@sh97 said:

Nah, BLESTA is free with all our services except for domain, just order what you need and submit a support ticket to get your BLESTA License

Thanked by 1ArrowBoi
  • @HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sh97 said:

Nah, BLESTA is free with all our services except for domain, just order what you need and submit a support ticket to get your BLESTA License

cool but I'm still deciding between blesta and whmcs.

• You have to modify blesta to make the workflow suit shared hosting for example. Simple things seem to take effort. Whmcs is designed out of the box to just work as you would expect. That being said, I do like how blesta looks for buying VPs or dedicated server workflows.

Thanked by 1ArrowBoi
  • @risharde said:

oh may I know the reason? and what software did you move to?

• @risharde said:

Why?

• @ArrowBoi said: oh so did you end up going with another software?

We end up using Hostbill as it got everything we need.

Thanked by 1ArrowBoi
  • What is HostBill and Blesta missing that WHMCS has?