Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› Because you are anonymous, Santa 🎅 brings you Hosting because he doesn't know you were naughty - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Because you are anonymous, Santa 🎅 brings you Hosting because he doesn't know you were naughty

Comments

• @Boogeyman said:

@jmaxwell said: Tagging @yoursunny for additional attention

If I remember correctly Florin called yoursunny his brother.

@Boogeyman said:

@jmaxwell said: Tagging @yoursunny for additional attention

If I remember correctly Florin called yoursunny his brother.

They’re bros but bro also won’t let his bro scam others so bro is bro’s strongest critic. Does that make sense bro?

• Isn't it kind of pointless having an anonymous signup process if you then post your invoice number here to get the deal?

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@ralf said:
    Isn't it kind of pointless having an anonymous signup process if you then post your invoice number here to get the deal?

LET has no KYC, or it has?

• malignifymalignify Member
    edited December 2023

@FlorinMarian said:

@ralf said:
    Isn't it kind of pointless having an anonymous signup process if you then post your invoice number here to get the deal?

What do you not get? :D It's not entirely about LET. If people start posting their order ID, you would know who they are and there's nothing 'anonymous' about that.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@FlorinMarian and @malignify

I think you are both right ... in a way. You are right in that "anonymous" can/should mean "no person-related info at all, none, period" ...
    and he is right because he does not have PII, only LET names and he has no access to any other info LET might have (e.g. email address).

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

@FlorinMarian said:

@ralf said:

This does not rule out the possibility of accessing personal data via the LET account. This may not be the case for everyone, but in my view it destroys the anonymity that you advertise for quit a few guys.

However, I don't find this tragic, because it's up to the customer whether he want to take the discount and disclose his LET user or not.

PS: I find advertising as "FREE" far more inappropriate. Just because others do something like that doesn't mean you HAVE to take part!

I got the idea.
    Since it is too late for me to edit the title, a moderator can replace Free Hosting with extra benefit

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@FlorinMarian said:
    I got the idea.
    Since it is too late for me to edit the title, a moderator can replace Free Hosting with extra benefit

... or maybe just put "additional" in front of it, because that's what it is. It's an additional period that is free.

@jsg said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    I got the idea.

... or maybe just put "additional" in front of it, because that's what it is. It's an additional period that is free.

Clickbait was born precisely from the fact that the title already has the maximum length

I notice that people are not in hurry to receive the 15 free days, exchanging their identity on the LET.
    To still benefit from the offer, you can create a ticket in which you specify that you know about this thread, provided that your order was made after Dec 21, 2023.

Thanked by 2adly ralf
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I hope that no day I will be under the hatred of the LET community

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@risharde said:

I don’t think Florian is particularly hated, people here, including me, are just used to a very competitive market, there’s room to completely disregard an offer or a provider because of things like this, because there’s A LOT of providers in queue for our $

Thanked by 1adly
  • What basement you are using in germany?

@gbzret4d said:
    What basement you are using in germany?

We do not use basements in Romania either, we are the ones with the hall.
    In Germany we resell OVH Game:)

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@emgh said:

@risharde said:

I don’t think Florian is particularly hated, people here, including me, are just used to a very competitive market, there’s room to completely disregard an offer or a provider because of things like this, because there’s A LOT of providers in queue for our $

I appreciate the view (honestly I do) and to be clear, I have not been a fan of some of Florin's early work. He knows that and you could even see that even when I actually say positive things I am still ignored but I do actually appreciate that somewhat too because at least there isn't drama all the time.

But, at the same time, I made that comment because I see he presents himself (just my usually unpopular opinions with the LET community) as trying and also because some of the comparisons being made just don't cater for difference in location and what's maybe practical in the location?

I could be 'projecting' my thoughts / opinions here but I have been here long enough to know that some of these comments in a sales thread can absolutely destroy the dreams of the providers. Yes it's about money but yes its about a lot more too for many.

Anyways, kudos to you that you're not on the hatred scene, I totally respect that and yes honesty also can hurt but may be necessary for him to understand the market too.

I realize my comment there I should not have made my comment so extreme.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@gdnotme said: So I am not the only one who notices that is weird. The title should be edited. Well, just wanna see what mods would say about this case now. @Arkas @angstrom

Free in title removed.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@risharde Yeah, I’ve seen people go too far in other threads and in those, I’ve made it clear that I think some of it is way over the line. I agree with you

Thanked by 3risharde amaeva080 jsg
  • @risharde said:

@emgh said:

@risharde said:

I appreciate the view (honestly I do) and to be clear, I have not been a fan of some of Florin's early work. He knows that and you could even see that even when I actually say positive things I am still ignored but I do actually appreciate that somewhat too because at least there isn't drama all the time.

But, at the same time, I made that comment because I see he presents himself (just my usually unpopular opinions with the LET community) as trying and also because some of the comparisons being made just don't cater for difference in location and what's maybe practical in the location?

I could be 'projecting' my thoughts / opinions here but I have been here long enough to know that some of these comments in a sales thread can absolutely destroy the dreams of the providers. Yes it's about money but yes its about a lot more too for many.

Anyways, kudos to you that you're not on the hatred scene, I totally respect that and yes honesty also can hurt but may be necessary for him to understand the market too.

Yeah I have noticed a lot of bashing towards @FlorinMarian at first I thought maybe it was some sort of joke or meme? Or maybe there was some drama I missed or something happened before my time here. But from what I can tell he seems like a good guy that is constantly bashed for contributing to the community.

Maybe there is more to it that I’m unaware of or some scandal I have missed? I’d love to know more if anyone can explain

Thanked by 1risharde

@allthemtings said:

@risharde said:

@emgh said:

@risharde said:

Yeah I have noticed a lot of bashing towards @FlorinMarian at first I thought maybe it was some sort of joke or meme? Or maybe there was some drama I missed or something happened before my time here. But from what I can tell he seems like a good guy that is constantly bashed for contributing to the community.

Maybe there is more to it that I’m unaware of or some scandal I have missed? I’d love to know more if anyone can explain

I don't think you have lost much, the same thing is still happening since May when I proposed what I was going to do.
    At the beginning of May, I said that I wanted to create the infrastructure that I currently have, and most of them said either that it was not possible, or that it would be so expensive that I would not be able to afford to finish the project, or that it was a naively believing that I can create datacenter conditions at home, they all urged me to give up.
    Now, for 6 months since we have been running this infrastructure in production, I can say with certainty that the infrastructure I have at home is as reliable as the one in the data center where the servers were located (even the old data center was not a Tier-1, Tier-2 or Tier-3).
    I remember very well that I had downtime with them about 3 times in 2 years, they were also working on the network, having the entire infrastructure down for about 20 minutes each time.
    I am very satisfied with what I have achieved and I will not give up, the thirst for knowledge is simply too great.
    What I learned in the 6 months:

• How to configure a Cisco Layer2 + Layer3 switch from A to Z
    • How it works and how to configure a BGP session
    • How BGP sessions work in detail (different priorities when you have several ISPs, dedicated routes to certain subnets through a certain provider and others)
    • What does a correct setup of a photovoltaic system look like: unexpected costs, yield, batteries as UPS (you have no idea how happy I am that with 1000 EUR I can maintain the infrastructure for 2-3 hours in case the generator does not start automatically, no 2-3 minutes as long as a classic UPS would have lasted for the same money)
    • How to proceed correctly with remote-hands for changing CPU thermal paste, replacing defective DIMM, replacing SSD/HDD

Overall, I realized recently that I wouldn't have had so much determination to learn so many things if I hadn't experienced them in production, not just theoretically.

Thanked by 3jsg adly ralf
  • @FlorinMarian said:

Overall, I realized

ChatGPT?. Nothing wrong though, in fact it is even better compared to plain google translate that sometimes totally misses the point.

@jmaxwell said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Overall, I realized

ChatGPT?. Nothing wrong though, in fact it is even better compared to plain google translate that sometimes totally misses the point.

No ChatGPT, still GT.

• @FlorinMarian said: We cannot afford to reduce the rate of profitability more than that

Ok. That's understandable. You have no main leverage for competition. But maybe you offer something else equally valuable than price difference? For example: phone support?

@LeroyJ said:

@FlorinMarian said: We cannot afford to reduce the rate of profitability more than that

Ok. That's understandable. You have no main leverage for competition. But maybe you offer something else equally valuable than price difference? For example: phone support?

Hey!
    We don't offer phone support but our ticket response time is already a strong point.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • How people are accepting services from a person that don't comply with Romanian fiscal code where his company is registered.

@FlorinMarian ditch this anonimity bullshit and collect the correct information from paying customers that are required by the Romanian ANAF.

Me and other people are verry curious how you register a paid invoice that has no name on it.

The stage is yours.

Thanked by 1host_c

@AndreiGhesi said:
    How people are accepting services from a person that don't comply with Romanian fiscal code where his company is registered.

@FlorinMarian ditch this anonimity bullshit and collect the correct information from paying customers that are required by the Romanian ANAF.

Me and other people are verry curious how you register a paid invoice that has no name on it.

The stage is yours.

Even the store's tax receipt does not have the customer's name on it and yet it is taxed.
    Even with the old system in which customers entered their names, it would not have been legal to have tax invoices addressed to "no ha".
    It is clearly specified in WHMCS that the invoices are non-tax, tax invoices being offered separately after KYC if they are required.
    The income is declared and later taxes are paid depending on the bank transactions and the payment processors who issue us monthly invoices with all the transactions.
    For cryptocurrencies we have an institutional account on Binance :)

Good luck, detective!

• @FlorinMarian said:

@AndreiGhesi said:
    How people are accepting services from a person that don't comply with Romanian fiscal code where his company is registered.

The stage is yours.

Even the store's tax receipt does not have the customer's name on it and yet it is taxed.
    Even with the old system in which customers entered their names, it would not have been legal to have tax invoices addressed to "no ha".
    It is clearly specified in WHMCS that the invoices are non-tax, tax invoices being offered separately after KYC if they are required.
    The income is declared and later taxes are paid depending on the bank transactions and the payment processors who issue us monthly invoices with all the transactions.

Good luck, detective!

Good luck telling this to economic police.

I gave you the chance to fix the problem.

You will be reported.

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@AndreiGhesi said:

The stage is yours.

Good luck, detective!

You will be reported.

Do your best, my friend.
    Transactions up to 10.000 are exempt from KYC, according to the money laundering laws in force.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@AndreiGhesi said:

The stage is yours.

Good luck, detective!

You will be reported.

Do your best, my friend.
    Transactions up to 10.000 are exempt from KYC, according to the money laundering laws in force.

Yes yes, you will explain this to the economic police when you receive a letter that requests you the name, email, address of the person who used the ip on the date X and Y.

Tell them about KYC and anonymity.

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@AndreiGhesi said:

The stage is yours.

Good luck, detective!

You will be reported.

Do your best, my friend.

Yes yes, you will explain this to the economic police when you receive a letter that requests you the name, email, address of the person who used the ip on the date X and Y.

Tell them about KYC and anonymity.

Okay.

Have a good day!