Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Billing - WHMCS vs Clientexec - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Billing - WHMCS vs Clientexec

2»

Comments

• @NetDynamics24 said:
    I first used WHMCS (few years ago) and the last 4 years I use CE. Never looked back...

Have you customized your CE template or is that mostly out of the box? It looks really good.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

Our CE template is customized to fit our website design.

Thanked by 1rsk
  • thanethane Member
    edited December 2023

I'm currently testing Upmind. It's SaaS. There are things I like and things that irk me. Like it took 4 days for the SSL to issue on my custom domain. Then when setting up affiliates it has a toggle to switch between $/%, if you select % then there's a box to add what % you want to award to the affiliate sale, but if you switch to $ then the box disappears and you can't set a $ amount - you have to set to % so there's a box and then enter a # and then switch back to $, lol... That's all to say, it's not really polished. Maybe not polished enough for prod. Still tho, free license for <50 customers so you can give it a test drive for free to see how you like it.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • I did clock a couple of ssl posts, that is unusual that it took so long, glad it’s finally sorted for you. You are right though, there will be things that you like and things that you will go “really??”. It’s hard as you become so used to the quirks with other billing systems that you forget they had the same.

It is production ready, however for me we will likely put in in production in a phased way. I am quite excited by the future roadmap, even though they won’t have the same gazillion features that other systems have. There are a number of companies using it live, including enhance.com - I am also looking forward to their next three month roadmap.

It’s great to have potential options, depending on your business needs.

• Not much experience with Clientexec, but WHMCS sucks sometimes specially for billing.

• You can't compare a big monster like WHMCS which is been in the market for years and is more solid than Clientexec.

No, the Clientexec isn't bad. But don't think is head2head with WHMCS.

To start and don't wasting a lot of money? Clientexec is the choice.

WHMCS is for who are looking for full features and solid. But the pricing won't be your friendly.

FOSSBilling is also a good way to start. Well... It depends :)

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Yeah, we seem to have 3 lots. Some who prefer WHMCS, some Blesta, and others CE. My advice is download or demo blesta/ce and see which you prefer. I doubt we will let go of WHMCS ... we rely on many modules :(