Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turkey Bans 16 VPN Providers - Who Do You Use in .TR? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Turkey Bans 16 VPN Providers - Who Do You Use in .TR?

2»

Comments

• @AXYZE said: Most European countries moved their gold reserves to USA or UK close to WW2 events and after USSR fallen they decided to move gold back

Do you even know what was going on back then? The Americans were after Germany's gold at the end of the war. There are pictures of them with gold bars on their epaulettes.
    They say they even found a house made of painted gold bars instead of bricks. That's how they hid the gold from the Americans.

Stalin as a representative of the USSR dismantled and removed machine tools from German factories. As the country lay in ruins, this was the main value. The gold would have been used to buy the same things, but at a much higher price. So at that time the equipment was much more expensive for the country.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@AXYZE said:

@jsg said:
    (a) gold a country doesn't have physical control over, i.e. that's outside the country, does not create a lot of trust.
    (b) So you mean "german [or anyone else's] gold in another country = no problem at all -but- any country's gold in another country = more difficult to exchange it"?

You have more trust if you have gold in "your country".

It is easier to exchange gold if you put it in financial points INSTEAD of "your country".

You mean when e.g. the Germans buy us-american products they can easily pay with "their" gold, which they don't have because the two anglosaxon countries who once were the world hegemon (note that I used the imperfect, and with joy) actually had it under their control?

You are arguing with something you made up yourself.

Or maybe you play tactical games. It's simple: gold one doesn't physically hold and control is gold one simply doesn't have (other than on paper).

Have you ever been in Fort Knox or in the vault of the german Bundesbank? No? Well then who have nothing, empty hands and some blabla from banksters. Don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in convincing you that you should think differently; you trust in the blabla of politsters and bankster, fine with me. Just don't offer that BS to me or, being at that, to the people who trusted in paper gold only to find out that their "gold" didn't exist.

Btw, the USSR didn't fall in 2016 or 2013, so I have doubts that that really was the trigger to "bring the gold home".

Sorry, I cant take you seriously with this take. Just transferring gold took 5 years (was supposed to take 7), yet you would want to do whole process of unifing two economic systems (Germany was divided, remember that...), risk managment, forming monetary strategy with EU, planning within year. Maybe right when they were changing currency to euro? Be realistic. There was no time before.

Again blabla. Sorry but you really seem to believe all the BS the media trumpet. What really happened was very different. The west-german regime plundered the east-german economy and people, that's what happened. And when one of the "Treuhand" leaders didn't want to act like a robber, he had an "unfortunate (deadly) accident".

Gold was transferred because of Russians and came back because of Russians.

So the Germans willingly transferred their gold to their enemies because of, oh well, the Russians.
    And once the USSR had fallen (and us-american "advisors" basically ran Russia) the German fetched their gold back home again, only about 20+ years delayed.
    In other words, according to you to get the gold out of the country went very quickyl but getting it back, well, bureaucracy and "diverse factors", took 20+ years. Sure.

Thinking that USA is destroying Turkey economy because they taken their gold is just... I mean... sorry, no proper words. Other countries did that too. Nothing major happened.

Yeah, them Turks really are crazy people who raise interest rates immensely just for the fun of it.

Are you playing some game where everything I said you take as opposite? They LOWERED interest rate for too long when markets that they are dependent on had inflation. Same mistake that Poland made and everybody now agrees on (now in Poland we will have investigation from new government about this political-driven mistake with interest rate). But Poland didnt do this rollercoaster, just reacted too slow and then fixed issue.

You cant fix international investor trust by rollercoastering such major things and not reacting to market.

Unless you are afraid of the Russian. Then it magically works fine, and quick too.

Hafize Gaye Erkan saw this mistake and she boosed interest rate to 40%, because theres no other way now. Only shock therapy can save country ran by lazy people that are in government for way too long and think theyre untouchable. This is a real problem of Turkey and many other countries (also for US where Dem/Rep duopoly will remain forever)

If they will fix their taxation (you can lookup OECD taxiation ratio as nice start to see where money is coming from and where you have big hole, in terms of Turkey big hole is personal tax) as a next step then suprise suprise, Turkey economy will slowly repair itself. With no help from USA or whoever else.

Nothing will repair itself. That's another and, pardon me, stupid fairy tale. People repair, sadly sometimes at the cost of their lives.

They tried their brutal destruction game with Russia, too ... but it turned out that Russia had the brains and the power to tell them to go and fuck themselves - which they obediently did, hahaha.

I'll close by telling you about real turkish problems: us-american military bases. That is a real problem. But one can't easily get rid of those, especially not if a country basically (still) is an occupation zone, albeit dressed in a nice "democracy" garment. In case you have doubts just ask the Germans why their regime didn't so much as openly think about who blew up their gas pipelines ...

@jenkki said:

@AXYZE said: Most European countries moved their gold reserves to USA or UK close to WW2 events and after USSR fallen they decided to move gold back

Do you even know what was going on back then? The Americans were after Germany's gold at the end of the war. There are pictures of them with gold bars on their epaulettes.
    They say they even found a house made of painted gold bars instead of bricks. That's how they hid the gold from the Americans.

Stalin as a representative of the USSR dismantled and removed machine tools from German factories. As the country lay in ruins, this was the main value. The gold would have been used to buy the same things, but at a much higher price. So at that time the equipment was much more expensive for the country.

No, no, they brought their gold to safety from the Russians - by having their enemies storing it!

But then, I know, you are stubborn. You also refuse to believe that rainbow unicorns deliver babies.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@jsg said: But then, I know, you are stubborn. You also refuse to believe that rainbow unicorns deliver babies.

Unicorns??? I thought it was FEDEX, ahh mann....

Thanked by 1jsg

@host_c said:

@jsg said: But then, I know, you are stubborn. You also refuse to believe that rainbow unicorns deliver babies.

Unicorns??? I thought it was FEDEX, ahh mann....

[evidence video]

That is just temporary due to, uhm, certain circumstances.

Oh and it's not just any ordinary unicorns but rainbow unicorns, please!

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@jsg

ok, now I got it, THX !

Thanked by 1jsg
  • What can a person without a residence permit say about Tchaikovsky's music?