Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap tiny IPv6-only boxes <=$1/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap tiny IPv6-only boxes <=$1/month

Hey,

I'm looking to pick up several tiny IPv6-only boxes in various locations around the world. They'll be used as overlay network nodes (DN42), so light on resources/traffic.

Minimum requirements:
1x vCPU
0.5GB RAM
10GB disk (HDD or SSD is fine)
100GB traffic
100mbps port
KVM (not OpenVZ/LXC/whatever)
IPv6 (/128 is fine)
<=$1/month
Yearly payment is fine (Paypal preferred)

Cheaper or higher specs are always better.

Thanks

Thanked by 1xms

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Lampard has $3~5/year 512MB KVM but only 5GB SSD.
    If you are running bird, you don't really need 10GB RAM.

inb4 C1V posts dealz that nickel-and-dime you in every tiny aspect.

• ColbyjdxColbyjdx Member
    edited December 2023

@yoursunny said:
    If you are running bird, you don't really need 10GB RAM.

inb4 C1V posts dealz that nickel-and-dime you in every tiny aspect.

That sounds perfect to me - 5GB should be fine. Most of my nodes are using less than that anyway (would have just been nice to have a bit more breathing room).

Do you have a link? Had a quick look at Lampard's previous posts but couldn't find a valid code

Thanks

• balrammbalramm Member, Host Rep

We can do ipv6 only
    1gb ram
    15gb hdd disk
    1tb monthly bandwidth
    1gbps port
    Kvm
    Location NY and LA available
    $8/year
    If you need with ipv4 $10/yr

Thanked by 1Colbyjdx
  • With yearly payments, HostBrr (no aff) meets your specs:

• 1 vCore AMD Ryzen 3900 / Intel i9-12900K / Intel Xeon Gold 5142u
    • 1 GB DDR4/5 ECC RAM
    • 15 GB NVMe Gen4 SSD Storage
    • 2500 GB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    • 1 IPv6/64
    • 1 Backup slot included
    • Hosted in Falkenstein, Germany

For $0.88 / month. See product specs (aff)

The deals Mr. Sunny referred to are no more, the links redirect to the full price offers.

Thanked by 1Colbyjdx
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Colbyjdx said:

@yoursunny said:

Do you have a link? Had a quick look at Lampard's previous posts but couldn't find a valid code

Buy my last service transfer, and I can throw in this one for free.

@davide said:
    The deals Mr. Sunny referred to are no more, the links redirect to the full price offers.

• Scaleway stardust in Paris, Amsterdam, or Warsaw? I think min'd out (10 GB diks, no IPv4) they run about $0.50/month each. Limit of one per location, and they're not always in stock. Don't know if paypal is an option--I'm using a US credit card and they bill it monthly.

Thanked by 2plumberg Colbyjdx
  • edited December 2023

1 vCPU (full utilization allowed, continuous usage of 8% for FUP)
    384MB DDR4 ECC RAM
    12GB RAID10 SSD
    1Gbit/s (682GB traffic)
    PRICE: 1$/month(2y subscription)
    @Colbyjdx
    https://skhron.com.ua/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

• @pwned said:
    Scaleway stardust in Paris, Amsterdam, or Warsaw? I think min'd out (10 GB diks, no IPv4) they run about $0.50/month each. Limit of one per location, and they're not always in stock. Don't know if paypal is an option--I'm using a US credit card and they bill it monthly.

Wow, that's a great deal - ended up being something like 43 Euro cents per month. I got one in Warsaw. Cheers.

@seedhostonline said:

1 vCPU (full utilization allowed, continuous usage of 8% for FUP)
    384MB DDR4 ECC RAM
    12GB RAID10 SSD
    1Gbit/s (682GB traffic)
    PRICE: 1$/month(2y subscription)
    @Colbyjdx
    https://skhron.com.ua/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Thanks, but a little too expensive for the low RAM, and I have the Scaleway instance in Warsaw now anyway.

• @Colbyjdx said: Minimum requirements:

1x vCPU
    0.5GB RAM
    10GB disk (HDD or SSD is fine)
    100GB traffic
    100mbps port
    KVM (not OpenVZ/LXC/whatever)
    IPv6 (/128 is fine)
    <=$1/month
    Yearly payment is fine (Paypal preferred)

KVM

1 vCore CPU - C1V Basic
    512MB DDR4 ECC RAM
    10GB HDD
    100GB @ 100Mbps
    1 IPv6 address

$10/year VAT incl.
    PayPal ok.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Colbyjdx said: Scaleway stardust in Paris, Amsterdam, or Warsaw? I think min'd out (10 GB diks, no IPv4) they run about $0.50/month each. Limit of one per location, and they're not always in stock. Don't know if paypal is an option--I'm using a US credit card and they bill it monthly.

Wow, that's a great deal - ended up being something like 43 Euro cents per month.

Right now I'm checking their instance creation page and it says 0.97 EUR/month for an instance with 10 GB disk (0.11 for CPU + 0.86 for storage). It should come down to 0.54 EUR/month if you can delete the default 10 GB volume, then make a new one with 5 GB and reimage the OS to your own using the rescue system. But in the past IIRC their system prevented that scenario at some step.

• @rm_ said:

@Colbyjdx said: Scaleway stardust in Paris, Amsterdam, or Warsaw? I think min'd out (10 GB diks, no IPv4) they run about $0.50/month each. Limit of one per location, and they're not always in stock. Don't know if paypal is an option--I'm using a US credit card and they bill it monthly.

Wow, that's a great deal - ended up being something like 43 Euro cents per month.

Right now I'm checking their instance creation page and it says 0.97 EUR/month for an instance with 10 GB disk (0.11 for CPU + 0.86 for storage). It should come down to 0.54 EUR/month if you can delete the default 10 GB volume, then make a new one with 5 GB and reimage the OS to your own using the rescue system. But in the past IIRC their system prevented that scenario at some step.

Change volume type from block to local, 0.43 EUR/month.

Thanked by 1rm_

@amj said: Change volume type from block to local, 0.43 EUR/month.

Indeed, for some reason it was set to Block and grayed out for me. After reloading the page and clicking some more, I could change the type. Still, the question remains, is it possible to respin one to 5GB for an even cheaper instance. :)

• @rm_ said: is it possible to respin one to 5GB for an even cheaper instance.

Yes, even 2 GB disk (less than 0.2 EUR monthly) running alpine is possible.

• The cheapest that I've personally used, is this $0.50/mo from Cloudnium (they have higher spec IPv6 only VPSs too)

• 1vCPU Intel
    • 512MB DDR4 RAM
    • 5GB NVMe Storage
    • 300GB/mo. Bandwidth
    • 1 IPv6 Address
    Thanked by 2Colbyjdx listerine90

@ask_seek_knock said: Yes, even 2 GB disk (less than 0.2 EUR monthly) running alpine is possible.

Is this just in general (Alpine can run in 2 GB), or did you successfully run it on Stardust? Thanks

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • LadderLadder Member
    edited December 2023

vds6.net (https://vds6.net/v6)
    They write that it is LXC, but in fact I have a kvm virtual machine created. No IPv4 (by default, but can be purchased for $3/month)
    There are two options
    1) 0.5 Gb Ram, 0.5 Gb swap, 5 Gb storage, 2 IPv6 - 6$ per year
    2) 1 Gb Ram, 1 Gb swap, 10 Gb storage, 2 IPv6 - 12 per year.

Ethernet bandwidth not limited, but fair use/Not guaranteed

Also, their dashboard allows you to assign up to 100 IPv6 address to VMs at no additional fee, But it's not a subnet, it's piece-by-piece assigned to an interface (you can assign all at once). Keep in mind that their control panel is crooked and 4 months ago persistently tried to crash when trying to interact, but still I managed to experiment and all available functions worked.
    P.S For payment IPv6 vps only accept cryptocurrency, but... the site as I said is crooked, and in general, you can pay with any method available with them

Thanked by 1xms
  • edited December 2023

@rm_ said: Is this just in general (Alpine can run in 2 GB), or

Neither, I just heard about it.
    Like the OP, I was looking for an affordable IPv6-only / NAT VPS months ago and wanted to try scaleway stardust the second time then found this (Tutorial of installing alpine on Scaleway stardust with 1 GB disk for 0.17 EUR per month):

In the end I decided to renew a VPS from NatVPS.net (Web Horizon) which is very stable as well.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @ask_seek_knock said:

@rm_ said: Is this just in general (Alpine can run in 2 GB), or

Neither, I just heard about it.
    Like the OP, I was looking for an affordable IPv6-only / NAT VPS months ago and wanted to try scaleway stardust the second time then found this (Tutorial of installing alpine on Scaleway stardust with 1 GB disk for 0.17 EUR per month):

In the end I decided to renew a VPS from NatVPS.net (Web Horizon) which is very stable as well.

Thanks. Didn't know about this. When my current one expires next year then I'll switch to it. I only need it for a single static site. BTW do you know of any online payment card provider that can be used to pay for it? International payments have separate tax which adds up to a lot if payed monthly instead of a single payment of yearly. I could use that to setup a payment by transferring once and then just using that for monthly.

• @Htb2050 said: do you know of any online payment card provider

No, have no idea about that, sorry.

• cloudnium has a cheap ipv6 only vps(but disk size is tiny)

• @Porlam said:
    cloudnium has a cheap ipv6 only vps(but disk size is tiny)

Thanks but scaleway is much better and cheaper option IMO. Otherwise if you are paying that much for an ipv6 only with only 300gb then you should just put a few dollars more and get racknerd.