Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

want to start seedbox selling buisness but need guidance. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

want to start seedbox selling buisness but need guidance.

2»

Comments

• dav848dav848 Member
    edited December 2023

@seedhostonline said:
    @dav848 actually I was offering free trial for 1 day so that you can test it and share your opinion.
    Also can you mention the provider name and site who gives 5tb storage at 5 bucks!

can't remember the name but price wasn't unbeatable, if you look at the first page right now you can find VPS with 3T storage at $6, if you drop ipv4 i believe you can get better option

• SinVSinV Member, Host Rep

No problem with that fam, but the script is meant to be easy for anyone to install, I just don't see the uniqueness in offering this in an already saturated industry.

It's basically a shared seedbox, and it would be cheaper than what I do if you're portioning out a dedi at low prices.
    I've run both scripts you mentioned, at BuyVM. Used to use a 512 MB VPS and attach block storage. But if you factor in the cost of a billing system and, better yet, use VMs to isolate each user than having user logins to a dedi, the cost to operate is gonna rise.

Good luck though. :)

Thanked by 1Naomii
  • edited December 2023

@SinSiXX huh! running seedbox on 512mb ram.
    It will burst if I run emby or plex.
    I am actually aiming to provide more apps in the box .like plex media servers in 10 bucks plan.I think no provider provides that currently.
    But if you want only rtorrent+rutorrent and some basic features I can do it within 2-3 bucks.

• My final note here
    I had couple of online friends (those freaking torrent one ,that always searching for rare stuff RED,.......)
    They been using only two provider and storage vps for long time
    Just saying,you had to have such clients

• VoidVoid Member
    edited December 2023

@seedhostonline said:
    @jmaxwell If you want only simple rtorrent+rutorrent interface , yes I can do it within 1-2$. But I can't promise 1tb hdd since most vps providers nowdays don't provide hdd.If you are interested you can dm me. I'll show you a demo.

it sounded like you can offer 1TB for $1 which is kinda nice with public tracker support.

• SinVSinV Member, Host Rep

@seedhostonline said:
    @SinSiXX huh! running seedbox on 512mb ram.
    It will burst if I run emby or plex.
    I am actually aiming to provide more apps in the box .like plex media servers in 10 bucks plan.I think no provider provides that currently.
    But if you want only rtorrent+rutorrent and some basic features I can do it within 2-3 bucks.

Mhm, I've since upgraded, but I just run Deluge and r+ruTorrent.
    I get what you're saying, I thought about doing that too, like 12 years ago when I shared a dedi with a friend.
    Set it up and market it on LET to get started.

• I think this wont work because its easy to setup swizzin for everybody

Thanked by 2SinV Naomii
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@raindog308 said: Being a VPS provider is tough enough. Now add:

• all disks being thrashed 24x7
    • network opening a billion connections to a trillion destinations and rapaciously > > * consuming the uplinks
    • customers who also wants to stream in 8K over those links
    • more than the usual number of idiots in the customer base
    • regulatory hassles

lol, can attest to all of these.

It's extremely tough balance to strike, even after doing this for what ... 14 years soon!

In some sense it's become easier, some people expected 10 years back ago that 10€ a month bought you 10Gbps dedicated line to any target in the internet; Now it's fewer people and expect that for just 6€ XD