Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

want to start seedbox selling buisness but need guidance.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

want to start seedbox selling buisness but need guidance.

Hello guys.
I have been using my own custom made seedbox for a few years and it's awesome. So I was thinking maybe I can start a buisness with this skill of mine ( Yeah I got a few clients till now, but most of them are my friends). So can you guys please gimme some advice how to do it?

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2023

First advice would be read the TOS of companies you are hosting with and don't start your business with re-selling those to avoid drama.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3825918/#Comment_3825918

You can totally go with https://alphavps.com. I used it for a while to host a seedbox.

--

https://alphavps.com/tos.html

The following are strictly prohibited uses and may result in immediate suspension and/or termination if discovered on Your account:
    (...)
    Torrents
    Illegal downloads / Piracy

Thanked by 1seedhostonline
  • tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@JabJab said: First advice would be read the TOS of companies you are hosting with and don't start your business with re-selling those to avoid drama.

Government ToS applies as well

• edited December 2023

But I used alphavps and ovhcloud (Also kamatera for a while). It went smoothly.But
    how can I get the customer base?And sell it?I have no clue...

NOTICE: IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS FOUND TO CONTAIN ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, ILLEGAL MP3 FILES, PIRATED SOFTWARE, HACKER PROGRAMS, WAREZ PROGRAMS, OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL FILES, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. ADDITIONALLY, AlphaVPS (DA International Group Ltd.) MAY NOTIFY THE PROPER AUTHORITIES OF YOUR ACTIONS. That being said - AlphaVPS (DA International Group Ltd.)'s team would not scan manually through the end user's files, unless a valid abuse report is received, a court order is received or local authorities request this to be done.

Alphavps says they won't do anything unless the local authorities or someone else blows the whistle.It can be avoided by using a vpn.

• Use one of the typical seedbox hosts NFOrce, Leaseweb NL, or Novoserve.

• if you have to ask here how to start your business, get customers, and that you “have no clue” - I think you need to reconsider whether you’re ready and capable. I personally wouldn’t trust you with hosting my seedbox.

• CalmDownCalmDown Member
    edited December 2023

If you have no clue, do not start it.

Business is a thing where you should know when, what and how to do.

Thanked by 2SinV AXYZE
  • edited December 2023

@Ivan I wasn't asking how to deploy a seedbox.I'm confident about
    my expertise in that. I was asking advice in the marketing side actually.

• edited December 2023

@CalmDown I have perfect grasp on the technical things but I don't know a shit about marketing so I was just doing my research before dumping my money on something.And people don't know everything when they start, it is gained with time and experience.

• @Ivan If you really doubt my capabilities
    you can order a trial box and see if I'm capable or not.

• Where do you live?

• edited December 2023

@LTniger India. why?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited December 2023

@seedhostonline said:
    @LTniger India. why?

Seedbox business run on very thin margins. For success you need your own hardware. India is very expensive regarding colocation. But for dmca content it is good location as you can freely bribe anyone.

Buy servers, use your skills and sell boxes to locals first. Get up from your knees. Than come here, buy "can spam/scam" badge and start selling.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @seedhostonline said:
    I was asking advice in the marketing side actually.

Pay $200 bilohbucks, start posting LowEnd offers with monthly payments accepting PayPal. Gain community trust and you’ll be successful.

But I used alphavps and ovhcloud

Just Don’t. The last guy that tried the same didn’t last a month. (lookup spaceberg)

• @PulsedMedia We need your expertise to teach a rival competitor

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @jmaxwell said:

@seedhostonline said:

Pay $200 bilohbucks, start posting LowEnd offers with monthly payments accepting PayPal. Gain community trust and you’ll be successful.

Just Don’t. The last guy that tried the same didn’t last a month. (lookup spaceberg)

Spaceberg imploded after using OVH

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Moopah said:
    @PulsedMedia We need your expertise to teach a rival competitor

It will take years to build the customer base and recognition.
    Profit margins are razor thin, yet you cannot abuse the provider you pick, or they will kick you out. So be sensible.

Your supply line (provider(s) used) is your lifeline, treat them with respect and they should do vice-versa. If they don't just move on.

@Moopah said:

@jmaxwell said:

@seedhostonline said:

and Spaceberg offered below cost, or had insider access to like -75% off pricing. With quick napkin maths, we couldn't match that pricing. Now, we've built our success on being extremely scrappy, and quite confident we are at least somewhat good at that after a decade, and couldn't match their pricing?

Yea a little bit fishy. Tho sometimes if you have big budget, you might do that for years just to gain market share. Spaceberg wasn't that, and people seem to say it may have been same known scammer behind this as some prior, canvyy or something?

• I have 1t HDD,1c 1ram ,i managed to used it as seed box , vpn server and 2 more simple script ,for just $2/m ,ask your self can you compete with that?

• edited December 2023

@dav848 Did you have media servers like emby/plex on that and also filebrowser, autobrr(and other ..rrs),wireguard etc in it. If not it's not a buisness standard seedbox.
    If you are happy with just running rutorrent+rtorrent and some simple file explorer then I can even pull it of with 1$.
    Also a single page admin dashboard with ssl connection is must.

• SpacebergSpaceberg Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2023

@Moopah said:

@jmaxwell said:

@seedhostonline said:

Not really. We're currently concentrating solely on dedicated servers and exploring options for both offers and colocation. It might be some time before VPS deals come. So, just to clarify, we're still very much alive and continuing to provide services, albeit with a focus on dedicated servers for now. Our marketing efforts are currently inactive, as our attention is directed towards other priorities.

• @seedhostonline said:
    @dav848 Did you have media servers like emby/plex on that and also filebrowser, autobrr(and other ..rrs),wireguard etc in it. If not it's not a buisness standard seedbox.
    If you are happy with just running rutorrent+rtorrent and some simple file explorer then I can even pull it of with 1$.

Really? “1t HDD,1c 1ram” for 1$/m ? I would totally buy

• @jmaxwell If you want only simple rtorrent+rutorrent interface , yes I can do it within 1-2$. But I can't promise 1tb hdd since most vps providers nowdays don't provide hdd.If you are interested you can dm me. I'll show you a demo.

• @seedhostonline said:
    Also a single page admin dashboard with ssl connection is must.

No rrs or other stuff just qbtorrent , but $1 sounds promising for 1t hdd seedbox

• edited December 2023

@dav848 Currently running/testing 12gbram+4vcpu+500gbhdd+15tb bandwidth seedbox at only 5$.wanna try it out for a day? I'll dm you the credentials.
    https://box.seedhost.online

• @seedhostonline said:
    @dav848 Currently running/testing 12gbram+4vcpu+500gbhdd+15tb bandwidth seedbox at only 5$.wanna try it out for a day? I'll dm you the credentials.

Thanks but,I'm out of budget(actually I don't need it)
    But Compre to known seedbox service,its not bad, except storage (offer from well known service 5t storage 10g port for $5)
    If you look further you can even find cheaper one i believe
    Just saying my opinion

• @dav848 actually I was offering free trial for 1 day so that you can test it and share your opinion.
    Also can you mention the provider name and site who gives 5tb storage at 5 bucks!

• SinVSinV Member, Host Rep

@seedhostonline said:
    https://box.seedhost.online

Isn't that Swizzin. https://swizzin.ltd/
    I was thinking you made your own panel or something.

Thanked by 1Naomii
  • MoopahMoopah Member
    edited December 2023

Looks like Swizzin to me

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

As someone who's been a seedbox consumer for...well, forever...it seems to me this is a very tough market.

Some of the biggest and best couldn't make it work. I've been unabashed in my love for @PulsedMedia and they're still around (interview) but many others I've tried over the years are not. I still miss justseed.it, which was a custom setup from top to bottom (including interface, everything) but couldn't make it work. UltraSeedbox lost my trust long ago with their frequent "oops, there goes another array" outages. The list goes on and on...

Being a VPS provider is tough enough. Now add:

• all disks being thrashed 24x7
    • network opening a billion connections to a trillion destinations and rapaciously consuming the uplinks
    • customers who also wants to stream in 8K over those links
    • more than the usual number of idiots in the customer base
    • regulatory hassles

In the words of Bon Scott, it's a long way to the top if you want to rock 'n roll in the seedbox buxiness.

• edited December 2023

@SinSiXX @Moopah is that any problem?I think it's ok as long as it works.I prefer swizzle and quicbox. Though I have my custom script too.