Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porkbun silently suspended my domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Porkbun silently suspended my domain

alexroeualexroeu Member
edited December 2023 in Help

I registered a domain a few months ago. I didn't had the chance to develop it's website, it had only a html under construction page.

Yesterday I noticed some error emails from my hestia cp warning me that there was a problem with this domain's dns. Checked it and surprise! suspended by porkbun. I had no notification from porkbun regarding this suspension, of course now the support team is not available, it's weekend.

Is this a common practice at porkbun to silently suspend a domain without any kind of notification?

Thanked by 2JasonM coreflux

Comments

• I had same problem, and no refund. they are scammer

• Surprise MF..

• @jenkki said:
    Surprise MF..

Thanked by 3sasslik shruub coreflux
  • COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
    edited December 2023

First time when I read a bad opinion about Porkbun.

• I have almost all my domains at porkbun, I had no problems since 2019 when I started using them as a registrar until now. I didn't expected to have the domain suspended without notification, at least to know that is suspended and to start troubleshoot what's going on.

• @COLBYLICIOUS said: First time when I read a bad opinion about Porkbun.

It's probably the Republicans :wink:

• GreyhoundGreyhound Member
    edited December 2023

I'm not suprise that Porkbun suspends domains without notification. They suck.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @alexroeu said: I didn't expected to have the domain suspended without notification, at least to know that is suspended and to start troubleshoot what's going on.

Can you tell us what country you're from so it's clear?

• @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    First time when I read a bad opinion about Porkbun.

I've read about this type of situation with them a few times already.

• Romania

• @alexroeu said: Romania

Interesting move.

• @Nickman said:
    I had same problem, and no refund. they are scammer

They never gave the domain back to you AND didn't refund?

What excuse did they give you?

• @jenkki said:

@alexroeu said: Romania

Interesting move.

How come?

• That was last time I tried Porkbun. Netim and Spaceship are better registrars.

• I am considering moving my domains to other registrars

• @alt_ said:
    That was last time I tried Porkbun. Netim and Spaceship are better registrars.

Isn't Spaceship just Namecheap

• @Moopah said:

@alt_ said:
    That was last time I tried Porkbun. Netim and Spaceship are better registrars.

Isn't Spaceship just Namecheap

No, it is actually Namecheaper.

• Namesilo does the same, they suspend the domains without telling you, giving notice or saying why.

you need to contact them, and usually there is no way to recover. on the cases i have seen are abuse/phishing reports directly to them, and they just take that decision on their own. lol

• my domain was only an "under construction" page :/

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • just wait until their work day. If you're using something bad with your domain, you probably already know the answer.

• @alexroeu said: my domain was only an "under construction" page

They may think you are spamming, or someone may just report you as spam. Do you use email with this domain?

• I wasn't using something bad. That's what seems concerning for me. False positives and suspension without notice.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

I was sure we had a porkbun account with some domains bought off from here for potential future marketing purposes.

Turns out no account what-so-ever. Only single email as reminder to update contact details.

Now if i remember wrong, why would've they sent a update contact details email?
    Probably remember wrong, you would expect there was also a registration email.

There's another one which is very popular here, allowed account to account transfers. Forgot the name, still have some domains locked up in there.

They have disabled BOTH renewals & transfers out for us. We'll be loosing a few hundred euros worth of domains it looks like. Should've transferred them out immediately to a reputable company.

Why would anyone ever register a domain with "registrar" (not a real one if they do this stuff) which might take your domain away at anytime.

Taking a domain away from you ought to be illegal, it's not just thievery but imagine that domain is actually important and you earn your living through that ...

• @alexroeu said: I wasn't using something bad. That's what seems concerning for me. False positives and suspension without notice.

Move out, and find a better place.

The name itself is odd. It's like hosting for pigs.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @jenkki said:

@alexroeu said: my domain was only an "under construction" page

They may think you are spamming, or someone may just report you as spam. Do you use email with this domain?

It was set up, but not in use. The only emails I sent maybe a month ago was some test emails to myself to check that it's working. The server is using mailbaby for outgoing anyway.

• @eddie_at_porkbun you may want to see this

• @eddie_at_porkbun please fix, thank you.

• Need to be renamed to - Pork-ban :smiley:

• @alexroeu said:

@jenkki said:

@alexroeu said: my domain was only an "under construction" page

It was set up, but not in use. The only emails I sent maybe a month ago was some test emails to myself to check that it's working. The server is using mailbaby for outgoing anyway.

Did you contact their support?

• alexroeualexroeu Member
    edited December 2023

Of course, but it's weekend. I'll have to wait, and I just thought in the meantime to ask here if this also happened to anyone.