Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scams
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scams

What the fuck is going on in here? This place has reached critical mass with scammers.

Should we raise the provider tag fee to $1000 to dissuade scammers?

LET should provide scam insurance to all members. This will be paid for by the provider tags.

The average person seems to feel like the providers here are vetted. If the scam insurance payouts get too much, maybe vetting the providers would be forced on the admins.

There's no fucking way the admins who allow these guys can't see the writing on the wall even when they do their quick google.

Comments

• @henix said:
    Thanks for your feedback
    Your post will be deleted

Send bobs for extra feedback

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dahartigan said: This place has reached critical mass with scammers

That's because we used to, as a community, study and hunt scammers. We made this place very inhospitable for them. A lot of the old timers here got tired of the new kids yelling foul every time they called out the signs of it in a new provider.

Thanked by 2dahartigan jsg
  • Can't agree more.
    Knowing that the site charges to advertise here, they have a share of responsibility.
    But I don't expect much, the community has no power here.

Thanked by 2dahartigan asdatasd
  • Its all apart of the holiday cheer.
    Bobs and Vegines, Scams and Paypal Refounds.
    Nothing says Kwanza like a big Turkey Chicken

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

LET Provider Tag basic FREE

• "Host Rep" tag
    • advertise in MegaThreads only

LET Provider Tag bronze $200/year

• everything in basic, plus
    • post in Offers every 10 days
    • post in Shared Hosting Offers every 10 days
    • thread sinks after 10 days (to be implemented when forum software supports this feature)

LET Provider Tag silver $400/year

• everything in bronze, plus
    • thread does not sink
    • 10 extra votes by AI users in Top Hosts poll

LET Provider Tag gold $800/year

• everything in silver, plus
    • automated thread bumps by AI users asking for double bandwidth
    • negative reviews closed or moved to Offtopic category: 3 included per month, $25/each afterwards
    • bypass provider vetting process for $200 one-time fee

LET Provider Tag platinum $1600/year

• everything in gold, plus
    • guaranteed spot in Top Hosts every year
    • negative reviews deleted: 3 included per month, $50/each afterwards
    • change account creation date to several years ago for $400 one-time fee

LET summer host package $300 for 120 days, must pay in crypto

• bypass provider vetting process
    • 2 threads in Offers
    • negative reviews and LowEndDetectives® posts deleted: 12 included, $5/each afterwards
    • AI generated LowEndBox interview addon: $50
    • AI generated jsg positive review thread addon: $50
    • AI generated LowEndBox TV episode addon: $100
    • live LowEndBox TV episode hosted by Nekki addon: $500

LET Troll Tag $666/year

• cannot create threads
    • cannot be banned
    • existing recipients can keep it for free as long as they receive 666 thanks every year
  • Even if providers are caught scamming, they can just come back under a different name

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@Moopah said:
    Even if providers are caught scamming, they can just come back under a different name

We used to catch them. But all of the best hunters are gone. We miss you, @Spirit.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • @jar said:

That's because we used to, as a community, study and hunt scammers. We made this place very inhospitable for them. A lot of the old timers here got tired of the new kids yelling foul every time they called out the signs of it in a new provider.

This is why LET needs scam insurance.

One form of scam insurance could be bringing back the detectives and rewarding busts somehow.

The point is that before, in the beforetimes, LET never took money, now they literally can profit from scammers.

• @jar said:

@Moopah said:
    Even if providers are caught scamming, they can just come back under a different name

We used to catch them. But all of the best hunters are gone. We miss you, @Spirit.

Yep, they come back as "Top LET provider" too

• @Moopah said:

They'd have to pay the provider fee again... LET would profit from scammers

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said:
    LET Provider Tag basic FREE

• "Host Rep" tag
    • advertise in MegaThreads only

LET Provider Tag bronze $200/year

• everything in basic, plus
    • post in Offers every 10 days
    • post in Shared Hosting Offers every 10 days
    • thread sinks after 10 days (to be implemented when forum software supports this feature)

LET Provider Tag silver $400/year

• everything in bronze, plus
    • thread does not sink
    • 10 extra votes by AI users in Top Hosts poll

LET Provider Tag gold $800/year

• everything in silver, plus
    • automated thread bumps by AI users asking for double bandwidth
    • negative reviews closed or moved to Offtopic category: 3 included per month, $25/each afterwards
    • bypass provider vetting process for $200 one-time fee

LET Provider Tag platinum $1600/year

• everything in gold, plus
    • guaranteed spot in Top Hosts every year
    • negative reviews deleted: 3 included per month, $50/each afterwards
    • change account creation date to several years ago for $400 one-time fee

LET summer host package $300 for 120 days, must pay in crypto

• bypass provider vetting process
    • 2 threads in Offers
    • negative reviews and LowEndDetectives® posts deleted: 12 included, $5/each afterwards
    • AI generated LowEndBox interview addon: $50
    • AI generated jsg positive review thread addon: $50
    • AI generated LowEndBox TV episode addon: $100
    • live LowEndBox TV episode hosted by Nekki addon: $500

LET Troll Tag $666/year

• cannot create threads
    • cannot be banned
    • existing recipients can keep it for free as long as they receive 666 thanks every year

Can i get a tag for "Trolling Provider"?

Thanked by 2yoursunny host_c
  • I want the troll tag so I can go on absolute ragers on every thread and be completely untouchable lol

Thanked by 2yoursunny dedicados
  • @thane said:
    I want the troll tag so I can go on absolute ragers on every thread and be completely untouchable lol

Cheaper to buy a provider tag and start scamming..

• shiradushiradu Member
    edited December 2023

@jar said:

There is no community anymore. LET is just a business, fraudsters bring them the most money so they allow them.

LET users are treated like retards that are supposed to buy anything thrown at them. Disagree? Get banned.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited December 2023

Lol, offering the ability to advertise for free (host rep), and the ability to advertise for $200 per year isn’t a real attempt at monetization.

Provider tags help pay for necessary expenses that revolve around running a site like this.

Businesses are paying $16 per month and making thousands, even million dollar businesses off of the traffic generated on this platform.

The idea @jbiloh is just sitting back and getting rich off of provider tags and is letting anyone in isn’t true, but afaik the approval process is changing a bit.

Though, more restrictions are a catch-22 as the LowEndCulture is all about seeking bottom of the barrel deals, which tend to come with headaches. Anybody that wanted the smoothest experience would just go to AWS.

That said, I suggested requiring all providers submit company registration and address information, and keeping it publicly viewable for the community.

Thanked by 2yoursunny indiankesh
  • Its very easy. The provider have to be active a common amount of time to get a tag, not just 1-3 months or less.

• @ascicode said:
    Its very easy. The provider have to be active a common amount of time to get a tag, not just 1-3 months or less.

Nah! I think we should allow providers with brand new .xyz domains with a cookie cutter free template with the boiler plate text still in it. With 3 to 6 year payments. This way we can support new businesses!

Thanked by 2thane jouimandamas
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited December 2023

If there is a provider actively scamming customers, they do not belong on the LowEndTalk or LowEndBox platforms. Please PM details.

Dozens of provider tag applications have been denied over the past two years.

At least a couple of provider tag applications made it through the initial review, only to be denied and their payments refunded prior to their tags being awarded.

providers go through a multi-step information gathering process before getting approved. This process is viewable by numerous LowEndTalk admins/mods so it is not a walled garden and more eyes are available to help keep out the bad apples.

To the extent that a patron provider or two have done naughty things, that is not something that is permissible here and should be reviewed if/when it happens. Bottom line, we don't want providers with bad intent selling on LEB or LET.

• @jbiloh looking back on previously banned exit scammers/deadpooled folks, could you say that you can see the writing on the wall even with the advantage of hindsight?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jar said: That's because we used to, as a community, study and hunt scammers. We made this place very inhospitable for them. A lot of the old timers here got tired of the new kids yelling foul every time they called out the signs of it in a new provider.

Yes sir.

For me it goes LES->WHT->LET on the welcoming side of things.

LET is just popcorn entertainment for some friends & I as we loop back on most of this and go 'yeah we pointed that out weeks/months ago'.

The community, and the OP, wanted it this way.

Enjoy.

Francisco

edited December 2023

Providers that won Top Host tag but only offer with desktop-class Ryen processors:

1. NexusBytes: deadpooled for the family.
    2. VirmAche: teeters at the edge.
    3. BuyVM: next!
  • @yoursunny said:
    Providers with only desktop-class Ryen processors:

1. NexusBytes: deadpooled for the family.
    2. VirmAche: teeters at the edge.
    3. BuyVM: next!

Please don't Deadpool @Francisco I have purchased idlers from you many months ago that I haven't even logged into once.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dahartigan said: @jbiloh looking back on previously banned exit scammers/deadpooled folks, could you say that you can see the writing on the wall even with the advantage of hindsight?

So, here's the funny one that i'm sure you and others will enjoy.

You remember that 23 host provider that disappeared one winter some years ago that I keep harping about?

The rumor thats been going around since around the time of the HostPapa buy out, is that was actually Biloh's, and someone elses, operation. Deluxe had found out and things went bad, quick. That's what i've heard from more than 1 person so far.

These big scams have been pointed out before, but in the end it drives traffic. The cucio stuff was huge threads non stop. The hxservers, hiformance, the list goes on and on.

Francisco

Thanked by 4thane _MS_ sillycat Lee

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said: @jbiloh looking back on previously banned exit scammers/deadpooled folks, could you say that you can see the writing on the wall even with the advantage of hindsight?

So, here's the funny one that i'm sure you and others will enjoy.

You remember that 23 host provider that disappeared one winter some years ago that I keep harping about?

The rumor thats been going around since around the time of the HostPapa buy out, is that was actually Biloh's, and someone elses, operation. Deluxe had found out and things went bad, quick. That's what i've heard from more than 1 person so far.

These big scams have been pointed out before, but in the end it drives traffic. The cucio stuff was huge threads non stop. The hxservers, hiformance, the list goes on and on.

Francisco

Share some details please. This will be entertaining.

Completely untrue.

In a way I am flattered that you spend so much time thinking about me, Fran. It's sort of creepy though.

edited December 2023

@Moopah said:
    Please don't Deadpool @Francisco I have purchased idlers from you many months ago that I haven't even logged into once.

DYK you can cancel BuyVM full price service and receive prorated refunds as account credit?
    That's the reason there's no price difference between annual and monthly.

Every company will eventually close, just like every person will eventually die.
    Karen has the power to make the decision on deadpool timing.
    Pleading to Fran has no use.

• FINALLY SOME GOOD LEVELED DRAMA

IM TIRED OF MJJ DRAMA

THIS IS REAL DRAMA

EMGH APPROVED

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@jbiloh said: Share some details please. This will be entertaining.

I'm just curious if it turns out to be true if you'll be eating those words or will issue a full apology

@wdmg said:

@jbiloh said: Share some details please. This will be entertaining.

I'm just curious if it turns out to be true if you'll be eating those words or will issue a full apology

Yup. Easy.

It's a figment of Fran's reality distortion field.

• I've been reading Francisco on various forums for like 10-15 years and never seen anything sketchy from him. If he says there's a chance of something being sketchy, I'd totally believe it!