Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Important Notice: WebHorizon Poland Location Closure and Migration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

intermallintermall Member
edited December 2023 in News

Yesterday night I received an email from WebHorizon about Poland location closure. Maybe some WebHorizon clients who have server in Poland need to know this. Services in Poland will be migrated to Netherland on December 18th, 2023 and might change IP Address. Below is the email:

Thu, 14 Dec • 19:03

Dear Client,

We hope this message finds you well. We have an important announcement regarding changes to our legacy services infrastructure.

Location Closure and Migration: We are in the process of closing our legacy Poland location and migrating all services to our new flagship facility at Iron Mountain in Amsterdam.

This move allows us to provide you with better services and enhanced connectivity. We own all our hardware at this new facility.

Migration Schedule:

Date: 18th December 2023
Impact: Services will be temporarily offline during the migration process.

No Change in Specifications and Pricing:

We want to assure you that there will be no changes to the specifications or pricing of your current services. Your experience with WebHorizon will remain seamless and uninterrupted.

IP Address Change:

Please note that as part of this migration, there might be a change in IP addresses.

Following the completion of the migration on 18th December 2023, we will send out an email with the new IP addresses.

We understand that changes like these can raise questions. If you have any concerns or require further clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Thank you for your continued trust.

Comments

• MoopahMoopah Member
    edited December 2023

Oh no, I'm impacted, good thing I only have a couple idlers there, no need to backup or migrate.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Second provider to close location in Warsaw, interesting...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@tentor said:

Just makes more sense to focus on a location with better features or popularity. It's business.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:

@tentor said:

Just makes more sense to focus on a location with better features or popularity. It's business.

Yeah, I understand this, what I am wondering about is close timing of those two cases. Surely just a coincidence :smiley:

• I also got the email. I understand, that IP might change, but there is no mention if the VMs will be migrated or just recreated. Did anyone ask that already?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@MrEd said:
    I also got the email. I understand, that IP might change, but there is no mention if the VMs will be migrated or just recreated. Did anyone ask that already?

Mentions in the post:

Date: 18th December 2023
    Impact: Services will be temporarily offline during the migration process.

• @tentor said:

@MikeA said:

@tentor said:

Yeah, I understand this, what I am wondering about is close timing of those two cases. Surely just a coincidence :smiley:

I think some of the locations are just LXC containers in Hosthatch VMs

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @fluffernutter said:

@tentor said:

@MikeA said:

@tentor said:

I think some of the locations are just LXC containers in Hosthatch VMs

So this may be the reason then.

[HostHatch] Madrid, Milan and Warsaw - EOL - 30th March, 2024
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191045/hosthatch-madrid-milan-and-warsaw-eol-30th-march-2024

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • DecicusDecicus Member
    edited December 2023

I think it might just be a coincidence with Hosthatch, unless WebHorizon uses multiple providers for PL. My server has an IP from a Mevspace subnet.

• @Decicus said:
    I think it might just be a coincidence with Hosthatch, unless WebHorizon uses multiple providers for PL. My server has an IP from a Mevspace subnet.

Oh right I forgot, they switched to Mevspace for PL. They used to use HH.

• Good god i bought a OVH vps last month

• man, my 16$/y lxc container has been migrated so many times over the years... I think this will be #4...

• They have migrated my VPS, and it seems offline when I try to connect to it.

• @intermall said:
    They have migrated my VPS, and it seems offline when I try to connect to it.

Their control panel is also down for maintenance right now.

• Feels myself lucky now, because previously chosen a different provider for VPS from Poland location.

• intermallintermall Member
    edited December 2023

The website now says 12 hours maintenance
    firefox-e-V52-NHq-Wl-I

• @titus said:
    Feels myself lucky now, because previously chosen a different provider for VPS from Poland location.

where?

• My Sunday special PL has been migrated to NL, with all data fully intact.

• @Dazzle said:
    My Sunday special PL has been migrated to NL, with all data fully intact.

It teleported!!!

• @ascicode said: where?

TikTalik Cloud (tiktalik.com)

• My support ticket went unresolved for over two weeks, very touching service :'(