Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HostHatch] Madrid, Milan and Warsaw - EOL - 30th March, 2024
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HostHatch] Madrid, Milan and Warsaw - EOL - 30th March, 2024

Dear Customer,

At HostHatch, we have always strived to provide you with the best service that aligns with our commitment to you. Today, we are writing to inform you of some changes that will be taking place in the near future.

In the past year, we have made several improvements to how we handle our infrastructure. Most importantly, we have moved to our own private racks in most of our locations, with redundant power, at least two redundant network upstreams (which allow us access to the best Tier 1 transits), and in general, more control over our infrastructure across the globe, allowing us to identify and resolve issues before they even come to your notice.

We have also introduced a number of new features, including but not limited to live snapshots, private VLANs, BGP sessions & BYOIP, routed IPv6, and more. We are making every effort to move towards a more premium service model while keeping our pricing competitive, rather than cutting corners and being the cheapest on the market.

Keeping this in mind, we have decided to discontinue some of our services, namely our legacy services in Madrid, Milan, and Warsaw. While we have continued to support these services in the past few years, we have not been able to bring our whole suite of new features to these locations. When you buy a service from HostHatch, we want you to have the trust that it will run as smoothly and reliably as possible, which we have made every effort to achieve in all of our other locations with our recent investments.

We will shut down services in these locations on 30th March 2024.

In case there are additional months left in your paid billing period, we will provide you with a refund for these using HostHatch credit or a refund back to your original payment method. You also have the option to move your server to any of our other locations.

We will provide you a new server with equivalent or better specifications. If you choose to do this, we will also provide an extra 6 months of service at no cost. Please note that this will be a new server with a new IP address, but it will come with the advantage of all the value-added features described earlier in the email. If you would like to proceed with this option, please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can set this up for you.

We appreciate your continued patronage.

Thank you & Kindest Regards,

Your HostHatch Team

Time to move my 2020BF VPS.

Comments

• I sort of feared this would eventually come to pass, seeing that features were not being added to some locations, and the latest Black Friday offers did not mention them. Kind of a pity they didn't announce this earlier, because had I known for sure, I probably would have bought something from the Black Friday packages.

Now, if they can give me in another datacenter the same specs and price I currently have in the discontinued locations, it wouldn't be too bad. I've just opened a support ticket asking them to confirm this.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

As long as Stockholm remains😩🙏

@simlev probably not an issue:

”You also have the option to move your server to any of our other locations.”

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • Also, very good on them for warning now when the actual discontinuation is 30th March 2024

Some providers should take note..

• @emgh said:
    Also, very good on them for warning now when the actual discontinuation is 30th March 2024

Some providers should take note..

deadpool is easier, faster, and cheaper than sending announcements

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @simlev said: Now, if they can give me in another datacenter the same specs and price I currently have in the discontinued locations, it wouldn't be too bad. I've just opened a support ticket asking them to confirm this.

Hopefully we can keep the same offer to the new location, let us know what support answers.

• Good news, support just answered:

We would be happy to help you with moving to your new requested location

Now, my concern is keeping the same Black Friday offer (rather than buying a new plan). This part is unclear in the email, and they haven't explicitly confirmed that I'll be so, but at this point I feel confident that it's just being taken for granted.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Good decision IMO. Those three locations have always been weird... Only 1Gbps while everywhere else is 10Gbps or 40Gbps, and IPv6 never quite worked right (and I think it's completely disabled now).

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@Daniel15 said: Only 1Gbps while everywhere else is 10Gbps or 40Gbps, and IPv6 never quite worked right

I don't see any reason for EU countries to have any issues with connectivity as well as IPv6 availability

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@simlev said:
    Good news, support just answered:

We would be happy to help you with moving to your new requested location

Now, my concern is keeping the same Black Friday offer (rather than buying a new plan). This part is unclear in the email, and they haven't explicitly confirmed that I'll be so, but at this point I feel confident that it's just being taken for granted.

Yes, same plan. I think this was clarified in the original email with the "same or better specs" part.

Thanked by 2simlev amj

@tentor said:

@Daniel15 said: Only 1Gbps while everywhere else is 10Gbps or 40Gbps, and IPv6 never quite worked right

I don't see any reason for EU countries to have any issues with connectivity as well as IPv6 availability

Nothing to do with the countries, just our own business decision here.

It requires a significant amount of investment to have at least two carriers (note that XCs in most DCs cost anywhere from $150 to $300 per month each), own rackspace and everything else that we need to do to make routed IPv6, snapshots, etc possible. Then we need to have N+1 nodes so we can deal with a complete node failing without significant downtime to customers.

(also some good questions to ask your provider about) :)

• Support has been swift: a new VPS has been created in the new datacenter, with the same specs as the original. Billing plan is also the same, plus the renewal has been postponed by 6 months as advertised. Very smooth!

Thanked by 3amj emgh darkimmortal
  • UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited December 2023

Interesting that their email says "You also have the option to move your server to any of our other locations.", but the support agent said "We are unable to migrate to any APAC locations".

Not a big issue, but would've been nice to know upfront...

@Unixfy said:
    Not a big issue, but would've been nice to know upfront...

Yep, my bad on that initial email.

Thanked by 1the_doctor