Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WePC AU/US/HK/JP VPS in sale - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WePC AU/US/HK/JP VPS in sale

13»

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Better get a Telstra EA connection in there too! Make sure you use the same leadin so your fibre can be friends.

Just to note, a garage DC can be done properly with the correct setup.

@zgxly Do you at least have battery backup in place and a genset? Even if it's not autostarting.

• @trewq said: Just to note, a garage DC can be done properly with the correct setup.

There's making it work, then there's storing your customers data correctly. No chance in a million years would I store by customers data with a provider running a DC server in their garage.

Thanked by 1trewq

@Gravely said:

@trewq said: Just to note, a garage DC can be done properly with the correct setup.

There's making it work, then there's storing your customers data correctly. No chance in a million years would I store by customers data with a provider running a DC server in their garage.

100%, wasn't suggesting it's a good idea. Just that from a technical level if you spend enough money anything is possible.

Thanked by 1Gravely
  • @Gravely said:

@trewq said: Just to note, a garage DC can be done properly with the correct setup.

Although to be fair, when there's a power outage you can just start up the ferrari and power the servers using your jaycar 12v ciggie inverter

• zgxlyzgxly Member, Patron Provider

@trewq said:
    Just to note, a garage DC can be done properly with the correct setup.

@zgxly Do you at least have battery backup in place and a genset? Even if it's not autostarting.

Solar panel and Battery will be autostarting.
    Thanks

edited December 2023

@bdl said:

@Gravely said:

Although to be fair, when there's a power outage you can just start up the ferrari and power the servers using your jaycar 12v ciggie inverter

Thanks for the prodding, you've questioned and mocked me several times since my first post, but I thank you for what you've said about the problem, which has led me to strengthen my back-up program; in the future, I hope you'll continue to maintain this sharp style.

@trewq said:
    Better get a Telstra EA connection in there too! Make sure you use the same leadin so your fibre can be friends.

Can I ask how about the Telstrs EA connection and its vantage?

Merry Christmas

• @zgxly said:
    Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too :)

As for the home DC, honestly, if it works and nobody relies on it for anything important, I don't see why this couldn't be a niche that works - particularly if the usefulness vs the price is right.

I have enough servers right now, but one day I'll probably try this. There's plenty of other garage DCs on here and they're in Romania, it's nice to see one in my own country for once.

• @zgxly said:

@Greyhound said:
    Different specs when entering the order page?

You mentioned
    LOS1210 ipv4x1 1C / 1GB / 10GB nvme / 500mbps / 2TB AUD $5.32/Mon

We saw
    LOS_1110
    Starting from
    AU$5.23
    Monthly
    1 Cores cpu
    1 GB DDR4 Ram
    10 GB NVME
    500 Mbps/1.5 TB
    IPv4 X 1

The monthly bandwidth seems different.

Sorry,correct now

One more question, it's 1xIPv6, or 1x /64 IPv6? A single IPv6 doesn't make sense.

• @xiaochai said:
    garage cloud?

yes

• @kenjing789 said:
    I cant find any review , yabs , information on google .
    Whois dont show domain register date
    LG is ip
    Sus

https://vpsxb.net/?s=wepc