Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 100~ servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 100~ servers

I'm looking for around 100 dedicated servers that are at least comparable to an i7 8700 + iGPU, 64 GB of RAM, and a 512 GB NVMe / SATA SSD.

Since hetzner started to kick out larger customers, it's no longer an option for us. The price should be similar to their offerings. Anything similar is fine; AMD/Intel won't matter as long as there is some sort of GPU. Servers aren't used for mining or any high-bandwidth tasks.
I did some research already and contacted some providers, some were able to help me out, but getting such large amounts of servers ready seems to be an issue on its own. Hopefully someone here has some ideas :)

Comments

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited December 2023

Tell that to the marines.

Good luck finding something that cheap in that amount.

• Hetzner started kicking out larger customers??

• @Moopah said:
    Hetzner started kicking out larger customers??

Yeah, i wonder why they would do that.

• @totally_not_banned said: Yeah, i wonder why they would do that.

For smaller providers you could make the argument that if you lose that one big customer you lose a lot of revenue and have a lot of servers idling, but Hetzner isn't small.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@Moopah said:

Hetzner is deadpooling. This confirms my suspicions

• edited December 2023

@Moopah said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@Moopah said:

Hetzner is deadpooling. This confirms my suspicions

Hmm, wouldn't they rather raise prices for the who-knows-time?

@Cesslor So why did they kick you out?

• Or there was something shady about the operations of the customer?

• @kait said:

@totally_not_banned said: Yeah, i wonder why they would do that.

For smaller providers you could make the argument that if you lose that one big customer you lose a lot of revenue and have a lot of servers idling, but Hetzner isn't small.

That's obviously true but having a large client is still more revenue than not having a large client, isn't it? Well, at least unless the client does something that makes it unprofitable or there is an option to sell the freed servers at a higher price.

• kaitkait Member
    edited December 2023

@totally_not_banned said: That's obviously true but having a large client is still more revenue than not having a large client, isn't it? Well, at least unless the client does something that makes it unprofitable or there is an option to sell the freed servers at a higher price.

Yeah, its more about being a small provider that has like more than 50% rented out to one provider, if they stop being your customer you can say by by to your profits.

100 dedicated servers is close to 2 full racks.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

It seems weird to me that they wouldn't just raise the prices and see who remains instead of kicking out legitimate and paying clients

If that's what they're doing

• @plumberg said:
    Or there was something shady about the operations of the customer?

In any case i'm curious. There is a lot of guys lately looking for large amounts of servers. Actual expensive servers not cheap $1 VPS which will likely be used as proxies for either spamming or scraping. It's kinda mysterious.

Thanked by 2emgh plumberg
  • musicalderpmusicalderp Member
    edited December 2023

@plumberg said:

In any case i'm curious. There is a lot of guys lately looking for large amounts of servers. Actual expensive servers not cheap $1 VPS which will likely be used as proxies for either spamming or scraping. It's kinda mysterious.

New crypto nonsense
    https://docs.qubic.world/learn/hw

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • edited December 2023

@musicalderp said:

@plumberg said:

New crypto nonsense

So you think OP has been lying to us??

@Cesslor said:
    Servers aren't used for mining or any high-bandwidth tasks.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @musicalderp said:

@plumberg said:

New crypto nonsense

OP claims to not be mining, unless they're lying

• i claim to be the president. Prove me wrong

• Sorry, was replying to the guy asking what all these other people were using servers for. No idea what OP is doing

• @plumberg said:
    i claim to be the president. Prove me wrong

You're wrong

Thanked by 2plumberg shruub
  • @musicalderp said:
    Sorry, was replying to the guy asking what all these other people were using servers for. No idea what OP is doing

I see. It's still kinda interesting. I thought the days of the Monero + friends craze where long gone. Fun times. Well, at least unless you actually needed a server.

• @totally_not_banned said: So why did they kick you out?

ID Verification?

• I've heard from a few different users on discord that they got 30-45 day notices to leave. These people had $3-5k monthly bills. Most of them had streaming use cases and high traffic usage of around 100TB per month per server.

I'd say the closest option would be reliablesite. Maybe look into WSI, Nocix and some of the other midwest datacenters. In Europe, outside of mevspace its only OVH with their SYS and RISE offers.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • @jenkki said:

@totally_not_banned said: So why did they kick you out?

ID Verification?

Hmm, wouldn't they do this on signup and not after he became a big client?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Cesslor said:
    I'm looking for around 100 dedicated servers that are at least comparable to an i7 8700 + iGPU, 64 GB of RAM, and a 512 GB NVMe / SATA SSD.

Since hetzner started to kick out larger customers, it's no longer an option for us. The price should be similar to their offerings. Anything similar is fine; AMD/Intel won't matter as long as there is some sort of GPU. Servers aren't used for mining or any high-bandwidth tasks.
    I did some research already and contacted some providers, some were able to help me out, but getting such large amounts of servers ready seems to be an issue on its own. Hopefully someone here has some ideas :)

If you give your budget and also if you are ready to pay for long term in advance we may be able to work out something, but not at Hetzner pricing.

But need information like what exactly are you going to use these servers for ?

Thanks

Thanked by 1hampered
  • edited December 2023

@Smith42 said:
    I've heard from a few different users on discord that they got 30-45 day notices to leave. These people had $3-5k monthly bills. Most of them had streaming use cases and high traffic usage of around 100TB per month per server.

Yeah, Hetzner going after people that max their ports more or less 24/7 is pretty much old news (even if i thought 100TB wouldn't bother them yet but maybe it's the sheer amount of high traffic servers these people had) but according to OP it isn't that:

@Cesslor said:
    Servers aren't used for mining or any high-bandwidth tasks.

• @Smith42 said:
    I've heard from a few different users on discord that they got 30-45 day notices to leave. These people had $3-5k monthly bills. Most of them had streaming use cases and high traffic usage of around 100TB per month per server.

I'd say the closest option would be reliablesite. Maybe look into WSI, Nocix and some of the other midwest datacenters. In Europe, outside of mevspace its only OVH with their SYS and RISE offers.

I hope I don't get kicked out of Hetzner then, unless I missed an email from them...
    I'm not within the $3-$5k range however, hopefully I'm safe.

• @Smith42 said:

Any other info about that? I have such an account with hetzner and don't particularly want to move

• This is what OP posted on another thread:

I am not a reseller, but had lots of servers on hetzner - 4-5 digits monthly invoices since 2021. Now they deny me to get more servers for unclear reasons - we offered to pay in advance, sign contracts and whatnot, but no chance to get servers from them anymore. We never had any abuse issues or anything, literally just used the servers and paid the invoice for years but here we are now.

US LLC company account and yes we provided valid documents which they also confirmed were correct/accepted on their end.

• Sure, a revenue generating customer is kicked out.
    So true.
    I wish my company kicked off my customers, simply for racking up huge bills, without ever doing any thing illegal/ against TOS.

• @musicalderp said:
    Any other info about that? I have such an account with hetzner and don't particularly want to move

Well, you might get google to find you the discussions in the Hetzner thread from back when they started doing it. I guess it wasn't to long after they removed the traffic limit. Maybe 2-3 years later at most?

• From OPs post history they have 200+ Hetzner servers with iGPUs, interesting use case, maybe for encoding or remote desktop purposes.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @Moopah said:
    From OPs post history they have 200+ Hetzner servers with iGPUs, interesting use case, maybe for encoding or remote desktop purposes.

Why would those be kicked though? That's the big mystery.