Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RCLOUDSYSTEMS | LUCKY7 ALL INCLUSIVE - EmailBackup+Sync+Archiver and bonuses - $7/yr - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RCLOUDSYSTEMS | LUCKY7 ALL INCLUSIVE - EmailBackup+Sync+Archiver and bonuses - $7/yr

2»

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@josephf said:

@risharde said:

@josephf said:
    @risharde Could you explain the different purposes between your four email products? To the best I could ascertain, their functions seem to overlap with each other. TY!

@josephf fair question, yes SOME parts of them overlap but only to ensure their individual functionality. For example email backup does entire mailbox backups while email archiver focuses on users individually selecting and backing up user selected emails. To ensure this didn't get too confusing from a user perspective using the app, they were split. Another clarification is that email sync only does email service to email service transfers (no local files backed up). Emailbackup allows you to preview all emails for a particular backup while email archiver allows you to preview an email you archived. That sounds kind of the same but based on the UI difference, the usage is slightly different. EmailWeb which I believe is the 4th app you might be speaking does not do any backups - its a simple web email client I have been working on. Hope this sort of clarifies the differences and overlaps you mentioned.

Are you unhappy with the software and the overlaps? As in do you feel cheated by us having them split up like this? Just want to ascertain whether the question means more than just a question?

P.S it's nearly 3 am so if I made any typos, I sincerely apologize

No, that's exactly what I wanted to understand. I haven't yet played around with the software, so I just wanted to know which program to use for which purpose. Thank you!

Would all four of these programs work with a Google Workplace/Gmail account? If the account has multiple GBs worth of email data, how long should I anticipate it taking to complete an account-wide backup/sync/archive? And is it technically feasible to sync between two different Gmail accounts?

Thanks again.

Thanks @josephf , some of these are a little tough to answer without testing but I'll try to answer what I know while developing it. Gmail works as long as you correctly set up IMAP username and password access - which I believe strangely enough required 2 factor auth enabled to enable app passwords (I cannot confirm if Google Workspace works the same unfortunately).

Basically any service that allows IMAP usernames and passwords should work (oauth will not work at this point). In theory, because emails are usual broken up and it's not usually gigabytes per email, our app(s) will handle it. In odd circumstances if an email is over 100 megabytes for example there could be an issue with PHP memory allocations which can be fixed by upping the memory limit in the php.ini file.

Speed-wise it is mostly dependant on what server (particularly the connection the server has) that you are running our email software on and how fast the email server is (for example if the IMAP server you are connecting too has bandwidth limit). This is why I can't answer with specifics, sorry, I'd suggest you test this with a test email account (which is how I developed the software). Small emails with text only IIRC correctly like 100 should take just a few seconds if the batch number is around 10. 1000 emails took a couple of minutes. This was on a 100 mbit machine connecting to MXRoute. All 4 apps use similar code in how it handles emails so if it works on 1, it should work for all.

It should be technically feasible to sync between gmail accounts once you get passed creating the app passwords for authentication. Google probably has things I'm not aware of for example if they have connection limits - there's an option on the command line to slow down syncing if this is happening. Hope I answered some of the questions, sorry again for some lack of specifics.

Thanked by 1JosephF

@Wise said:
    Lucky7 order 455

Thanks for the order and I've PMed you back, awaiting your response on whether these apps will work for you or not

edited December 2023

@yoursunny said:
    Does it work on MIPS processor?

@yoursunny I have no idea on this one. I don't want to make any assumptions or say something I haven't tested but I don't think I'm going to explore this if the demand for this is not there. If your architecture can run a popular panel like DA or cPanel - it MAY work. If not, then likely no.

@LeftR said:
    To clarify, is this a self hosted solution? Email Backup looks nice, but I want to host it myself.
    And is there an option to schedule the email backup? Let's say, daily?

Yes it is! You have the option of self hosting either by installing the PHP files on your hosting server OR you have the option of running it in a docker container on your hosting server (if you have enough access to do this - not with shared hosting likely but if you have a VPs that should work).

Yes you can run email backup daily using the command line options which you can set in a cron. You'll have to set up the cron manually though since the interface does not do this for multiple reasons (access permissions related and variables)

Thanked by 1LeftR
  • @risharde said:

@LeftR said:
    To clarify, is this a self hosted solution? Email Backup looks nice, but I want to host it myself.
    And is there an option to schedule the email backup? Let's say, daily?

Yes it is! You have the option of self hosting either by installing the PHP files on your hosting server OR you have the option of running it in a docker container on your hosting server (if you have enough access to do this - not with shared hosting likely but if you have a VPs that should work).

Yes you can run email backup daily using the command line options which you can set in a cron. You'll have to set up the cron manually though since the interface does not do this for multiple reasons (access permissions related and variables)

Thank you! Going to check it out.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Hi
    How long will the $7 per year deal last?

Thanked by 1risharde
    edited December 2023

@inspain It's recurring if you purchase now so basically it would be $7 per year onwards. This would include not just Email Backup and Email Sync but also the rest of apps we currently offer! Does this answer your question or did you mean when this offer will be available until (as in when the coupon will expire and prices will go back up to original pricing?)

• LUCKY7

Thanked by 1risharde
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

LUCKY7

Thanked by 1risharde

Wonderful family, as our valued customers, we have Christmas presents to those of you who purchased our software! Both apps are easily deployed using Docker or you can self host them (you choose!).

2 new applications for you to get FREE OF CHARGE!!!
    Not part of the fam? JOIN US!

ORDER HERE

Use coupon code: CHRISTMAS-2023 to add EmailSync and EmailBackup to your cart for just $4.99 per year. Once purchased and order is confirmed, you can go to the client downloads page to get coupons for all the other apps to get them for FREE!!!

1. Introducing Mail IP Blacklist Checker
      Check your IP against over 75 email blacklists all around the world to know if your IP is not flagged for SPAM

1. Introducing Uptime Checker
      Check your servers via PING, TCP Port, HTTP-String, HTTPS-String in intervals as low as 5 seconds!!!

We hope that these apps will bring value to your day to day operations!
    Sincerely
    RCLOUDSYSTEMS