Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GigaTick exit scam - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GigaTick exit scam

2»

Comments

• Hold on let me grab my popcorn, this is some new LET LEB Drama.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@emgh said: manually

Manually. I looked at each web site to see if it was up in my web browser. If their main page was up, I considered them up.

@emgh said: I think you should do a % of unique hosts mentioned though, not a % of offers

It was relatively easy to create a web page that had a link to every offer since 1/1/2022, open up 500 tabs, and go through them. Manually writing down a list of every host would be a lot more work.

@emgh said: And in your honest view, why don’t LET regulars like LEB offers?

80%+ are from LET providers or the same offers just for a different audience, so...

• Who are the different audiences between LEB and LET?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@raindog308 said:

@emgh said: manually

Manually. I looked at each web site to see if it was up in my web browser. If their main page was up, I considered them up.

NexusBytes main page was up, long after the client services went offline.

Thanked by 1dedotatedwam
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@josephf said: Who are the different audiences between LEB and LET?

LEB is "the general public" while LET is "the community".

@yoursunny said: NexusBytes main page was up, long after the client services went offline.

True. Last NexusBytes offer we ran on LEB was June 2021. We did run articles in 2022 and 2023 about their involucration.

• from May, that was quick...

• We need a wiki to document all of these deadpools

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Moopah said:
    We need a wiki to document all of these deadpools

We know who has the perfect domain.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3744157/#Comment_3744157

• @yoursunny said:

@Moopah said:
    We need a wiki to document all of these deadpools

We know who has the perfect domain.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3744157/#Comment_3744157

Holy fuck, @yoursunny blindsides me with an amazing sale. Renewal is too high though.

• @Francisco said:

@varwww said:
    LEB needs a hall of shame/deadpool directory which lists all these providers

There used to be one, but it started to look bad when the owner of the site ran the datacenters that many of them sold from.

Francisco

So where is Shameless 2.0? /s

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@Francisco said: Would be interesting to go back and see how many of those offers ended up deadpooling. Basically get an idea to see how well your gaydar is working.

That's a good idea. I just did that.

There are 587 offers in the "LowEnd Virtual", "LowEnd Dedicated", and "Shared Hosting" categories since January 1, 2022. It's a manual effort to look at each post and see if the provider's web site it still up, so I only went back 2 years. Still, it's a big sample.

Of those, 16 "offers" are miscategorized and 2 are deadpool announcements, so 569 actual offers.

Of these, I found the following hosts who've deadpooled:

• DediPath (9 offers)
    • PacketVM (3 offers)
    • GigaTick (1 offer)
    • Rabbit Computing (1 offer)
    • CaliberVPS (1 offer)
    • HXServers (1 offer)
    • Coasthosting (1 offer)
    • Servzen (1 offer)
    • Kubbur (1 offer)
    • RackEdge (1 offer)
    • FiberVM (1 offer)
    • StellaVPS (1 offer)

That's a total of 25 offers, or a "bad offer" rate of 4.4%. Without DediPath, the "bad offer" rate is 2.8%.

In other words, 95.6% of offers posted on LEB for the last 2 years (or 97.2% if you don't count one provider) are from providers who didn't deadpool.

Strange that @fluffernutter won't "trust any host mentioned on LEB" since there is a huge overlap with hosts mentioned on LET. If you don't trust any lowend host, are you only shopping at Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure? Well we know you don't since you talk about using hosts that have been featured on LEB so your statement is irrational.

@emgh said: Of posted: Still 90 %

Nope.

Great data and very impressive to see the failed rate of hosts being so low. Good for the industry and a clear sign of the prudent work of our editorial team in reviewing offer submissions.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@jbiloh said:

@raindog308 said:

@Francisco said: Would be interesting to go back and see how many of those offers ended up deadpooling. Basically get an idea to see how well your gaydar is working.

That's a good idea. I just did that.

There are 587 offers in the "LowEnd Virtual", "LowEnd Dedicated", and "Shared Hosting" categories since January 1, 2022. It's a manual effort to look at each post and see if the provider's web site it still up, so I only went back 2 years. Still, it's a big sample.

Of those, 16 "offers" are miscategorized and 2 are deadpool announcements, so 569 actual offers.

Of these, I found the following hosts who've deadpooled:

• DediPath (9 offers)
    • PacketVM (3 offers)
    • GigaTick (1 offer)
    • Rabbit Computing (1 offer)
    • CaliberVPS (1 offer)
    • HXServers (1 offer)
    • Coasthosting (1 offer)
    • Servzen (1 offer)
    • Kubbur (1 offer)
    • RackEdge (1 offer)
    • FiberVM (1 offer)
    • StellaVPS (1 offer)

That's a total of 25 offers, or a "bad offer" rate of 4.4%. Without DediPath, the "bad offer" rate is 2.8%.

In other words, 95.6% of offers posted on LEB for the last 2 years (or 97.2% if you don't count one provider) are from providers who didn't deadpool.

Strange that @fluffernutter won't "trust any host mentioned on LEB" since there is a huge overlap with hosts mentioned on LET. If you don't trust any lowend host, are you only shopping at Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure? Well we know you don't since you talk about using hosts that have been featured on LEB so your statement is irrational.

@emgh said: Of posted: Still 90 %

Nope.

Great data and very impressive to see the failed rate of hosts being so low.

This dosen’t show that, it shows a % of offers whose website isn’t loading

Compare for example https://lowendbox.com/tag/racknerd/

With hxservers (1 offer in 2 years)

You can even see on the list @raindog308 posted that almost all deadpools have a single offer

A host that fails won’t have been around for enough time to get posted on LEB even a 1/10th as much as purple daddy for example

So one could argue that the data shows the hosts deadpools so fast that LEB dosen’t even have time to post a second offer

Another big issue is that by picking the most recent offers, even a quite fast deadpool won’t count (if a company deadpoold after 1 year of being posted, it’s 50/50 if it’s dead or not if picking most recent 2 years)

I think depending on how one calculates this, the results could be very different

I might one day but cba right now and I honestly don’t know what the most honest way to calculate it is