Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the next big thing? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the next big thing?

2»

Comments

• I don't know why, but artificial intelligence leaves me completely indifferent.

Open source and cooperative work is something I like more and more, and I try to get involved in some projects, modestly.

There is also decentralization that is something to look at.

As for IPv6, I've been ignoring it,... until last month. When I woke up from my year long sleep, I was bored, and I didn't know what to do, to waste time before the blackfriday, then I saw @yoursunny's IPv6 Advocate tag. So, I finally looked at IPv6, wrote plenty of code to adapt my homemade CMS and DB, and now my sites come with full support of IPv6 . Thank you @yoursunny!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @SteveMC said: What is the next major innovation or revolution that can happen to the web hosting industry?

C1V hosting providing VPN servers is more than a revolution.

• fatchanfatchan Member
    edited December 2023

@raindog308 said:
    I doubt this. The GPL has been declining in popularity. I would say use of BSD/ISC/MIT/etc.-licensed software will increase, while GPL will decline.

I wasn't being serious, it was more a comment about how good things can never happen.

• thanethane Member
    edited December 2023

Today I needed to use GoDaddy support to help a client there. I opened the chat box and asked my question (after an artificial waiting period so it appears human). The answer? It literally pasted a confused-look-meme and then wrote "your question is too long or confusing, can you try again with a shorter or more simple question?"... AI is a joke at the moment, and a disservice to customers - maybe +10 years and it can be decent, we'll see.

Literally pasted a meme in the chat, lol, useless.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy tentor
  • Ask chatgpt if he knows it. :D

• AI but we know Putin will blow the world with nuke soon.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

RISC-V