Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show that you know how to search on Google and win hosting worth 50 EUR! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Show that you know how to search on Google and win hosting worth 50 EUR!

2»

Comments

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

The suggestion box is wide open, anyone can hopp in to help :smiley:

PS: Florin , please do not take it personally, treat it like it is, a joke, but since it is holly-days, we all need to have fun a little, you just raised the ball, I just past it over. Feel free to join in :smiley:

PSS: @davide kinda knows he;s shit, might wanna lean to he's suggestions sometimes.

Either-way, Black-Out Continues......

Thanked by 1Calin
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

You can pay me 50€ to use Google and find you a real DC.

Thanked by 1host_c
    edited December 2023

Nah, the cleaning lady will just mess that up too......
    Then we will be back to the Black-OUT

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@raza19 said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    It seems interesting, but I can't figure out how the installation diagram would look for the infrastructure we already have.

Later edit: Anyway, according to https://www.leadergroup-cn.com/product/digital-voltage-protector-adjustable-over-under-voltage-protector :smile:

Cut-off Value Of Under Voltage Action: 170±5 V AC
    Cut-off Value Of Over Voltage Action: 260~270 V AC

So, our Inverter will do this job already since it is set up to move to battery at 170V.

My UPS has the same exact cut out at 170V but I didn't want to subject my electronics to this low voltage, some of them are very sensitive and although they will continue to function at lower voltages the longevity becomes questionable. I prefer to spend battery cycles than subject my electronics to high currents/low voltage. Also, while ur wiring is designed for a higher threshold than an appliance's rated amperage, exposing them for prolonged periods of time to lower voltages and higher currents will result in heat losses i.e. higher utility bill and shortened life span.

Fun fact...in my case the inverter cost 700 EUR and the batteries 880 EUR.
    However, there should not be too many interruptions in the supply of electricity.
    A few days ago when the supply was interrupted, a house caught fire and the firemen decided to cut off the energy of the entire village, and before that we had uptime of 68 days without interruptions at the grid level.

a power supply will have ( not exact science, did not do the math, just to have an idea )

@220V - 750W
    @210V - 650W
    @200V - 550W
    @190V - 450W
    @180V - 350W
    @170V - 250W

Input voltage AC is not 1:1 on output voltage DC, conversion loss will play a role here, and other factors.

Not exact values, I did not do the science, just you understand why we said you should set the cut-off at 200V, not 170V. All your devices PSU will have a lower output on DC, and your device ( server/switch etc ) does not know that, it will drain 350W-400W regardless of your INPUT Voltage in the PSU.

PSU cannot be kept at 100% only for brief period of time ( seconds ).

At 170V-190V you are on a very dangerous low limit of the input voltage on the PSU for the power output you use.

regardless that is says 110V-240V, 110V is for US Continent, has other Frequencies and so on. We are talking here only about 220V as a standard.

If shit will go sideways, our joke with the " refugee black-out specials" will not be funny at that point.

Also ZFS really hates power-off, as what is in the ARC and L2ARC will vanish into infinity, and beyond.

Take care, be safe!

• Let's get blackout drunk

Thanked by 2host_c Calin

Thanked by 1Calin