Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking a low cost (<10usd/year) at Asia to host a uptime kuma - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking a low cost (<10usd/year) at Asia to host a uptime kuma

2»

Comments

• @sh97 said:
    If you can do OpenVZ and shared IPv4, there are some hosts in SG, JP and Indonesia

https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/#ovz (some aff)

I have run uptime kuma on Webhorizon NAT, so it's definitely doable.

uptime kuma can use cloudflare tunnel , so i think shared ip is ok if i have a port to mange those thing

• @fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

I know this, this looks may the final solution if no any aisa host can use, us or eu ping to my place are about 300~1000ms and some times due to the submarine cable broken it not stable (news say shark chew this before haha idk why)

They just want a little snack :lol:

Maybe also look at https://hop.io/ ? It's like Fly but a little bit better in my opinion. You should fit in the free tier.

yes this picture xD
    it on local news lol

• @fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

I know this, this looks may the final solution if no any aisa host can use, us or eu ping to my place are about 300~1000ms and some times due to the submarine cable broken it not stable (news say shark chew this before haha idk why)

Maybe also look at https://hop.io/ ? It's like Fly but a little bit better in my opinion. You should fit in the free tier.

Great find my kuma instance is running on fly for over an year without any issues just some memory spikes when a service goes down will give this a try to see if i truly hop on it.

They seem wayyyy more polished as a cloud company, I just haven't had a use for them yet since it's cheaper for me to buy a bunch of cheap yearlies instead of using an autoscaling cloud type product haha

i know what you mean even i myself have several cheap VMs although half of them are idle but i prefer hosting uptime monitoring or bots to these container providers I don't mind paying if it's really the only way but if it's free and sufficient for my needs i don't think there's a better deal than that. I started using fly after heroku troubled me with their policies and shit and found it much more awesome so just migrated my kuma from a natvps to fly.io although it wasn't easier like on VM but wasn't hard either way. This hop.io looks good tbh.

I just worry about using autoscaling cloud providers for personal stuff, I don't want to end up with a massive bill + for raw compute they're almost always more expensive than LE* hosts. Also something about using a free tier is a little scary, at least when you're paying a bit you know they can't just kick you off whenever they feel like it.

yeah... using GCP、AWS or Azure alawys worry one day wake up and see a over 10k bill because some idot ddos ur site and eat all the traffic or somting like that xD

• @NebulosaCat said:

@fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

Great find my kuma instance is running on fly for over an year without any issues just some memory spikes when a service goes down will give this a try to see if i truly hop on it.

They seem wayyyy more polished as a cloud company, I just haven't had a use for them yet since it's cheaper for me to buy a bunch of cheap yearlies instead of using an autoscaling cloud type product haha

i know what you mean even i myself have several cheap VMs although half of them are idle but i prefer hosting uptime monitoring or bots to these container providers I don't mind paying if it's really the only way but if it's free and sufficient for my needs i don't think there's a better deal than that. I started using fly after heroku troubled me with their policies and shit and found it much more awesome so just migrated my kuma from a natvps to fly.io although it wasn't easier like on VM but wasn't hard either way. This hop.io looks good tbh.

I just worry about using autoscaling cloud providers for personal stuff, I don't want to end up with a massive bill + for raw compute they're almost always more expensive than LE* hosts. Also something about using a free tier is a little scary, at least when you're paying a bit you know they can't just kick you off whenever they feel like it.

yeah... using GCP、AWS or Azure alawys worry one day wake up and see a over 10k bill because some idot ddos ur site and eat all the traffic or somting like that xD

https://www.troyhunt.com/how-i-got-pwned-by-my-cloud-costs/

• @fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

@fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

https://www.troyhunt.com/how-i-got-pwned-by-my-cloud-costs/

even a Microsoft Regional Director got catch by Azure Bill >_<

• sorry for lilbit oot
    could you mention some resources for learning k8s (beside freecodecamp).
    I have research on this topic especially about HPA

• @blackhiden said:
    sorry for lilbit oot

Trial and error is your friend, k3s is a little simpler than k8s if you don't need the full feature set. There's also https://github.com/rosehgal/k8s-In-30Mins

• bdlbdl Member
    edited November 2023

@nick_ said:
    512MB RAM OpenVZ NAT VPS in SG for $6.84/year is still available. Should suffice for Uptime Kuma.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3798095#Comment_3798095

It should work, I have uptime kuma working on my 256mb NanoKVM and used to run it on a 256mb mrVM OVZ7 box without having to tweak anything

Thanked by 1nick_
  • Fly.io free tier

• @TrK said: main kuma on fly while the backup is running on koyeb

I've not tried uptime kuma yet other than the interactive demo, as currently I'm just using the free version of Hetrix. One thing I like about Hetrix is that your uptime is monitored from various places, so that localised network routing issues don't cause false positives.

Can you do anything like that with uptime kuma, or do you just need to run multiple instances of it and set up everything multiple times?

You mention you have a backup - is there any easy way of copying the configuration from one to another?

Can you collate data from multiple kumas together? I noticed there's a "badge" function, so you could at least stitch them together in a custom webpage, but is there an easier way?

• @smaart said:
    I'm using google free tier computing e2-micro, and running just well

This is the way, I host several Uptime Kuma on e2-micro.

• I think you can try https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/vps/ that STARTER plan US$0.97

• @ralf said:

@TrK said: main kuma on fly while the backup is running on koyeb

I've not tried uptime kuma yet other than the interactive demo, as currently I'm just using the free version of Hetrix. One thing I like about Hetrix is that your uptime is monitored from various places, so that localised network routing issues don't cause false positives.

Can you do anything like that with uptime kuma, or do you just need to run multiple instances of it and set up everything multiple times?

You mention you have a backup - is there any easy way of copying the configuration from one to another?

Can you collate data from multiple kumas together? I noticed there's a "badge" function, so you could at least stitch them together in a custom webpage, but is there an easier way?

You can certainly do that also the data can be streamlined with another dashboard like grafana i haven't tried that as of now but i was thinking of doing something similar will update here on let when i started doing that and a streamlined setup with multi node kuma setup. I mainly use kuma as an alert operater to ping me constantly on several modes including SMS, telegram, discord, etc.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @TrK said:

@ralf said:

You can certainly do that also the data can be streamlined with another dashboard like grafana i haven't tried that as of now but i was thinking of doing something similar will update here on let when i started doing that and a streamlined setup with multi node kuma setup. I mainly use kuma as an alert operater to ping me constantly on several modes including SMS, telegram, discord, etc.

same like you, and grafana or prometheus i think that is another level to do, need more reserch and study xD

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @ralf said:

i see someone depoly uptime kuma simply muti server by auto sync the setting on muti mechine, but as a almose most famous uptime open source project, i think one day UptimeKuma will have muti node and one report feature

• @blackhiden said:
    sorry for lilbit oot

i'm try it on my raspberry pi and oracle vps, learn from video on Youtube and Bilibili(a chinese youtube), or the quic way maybe just go linuxfoundation buy a CKA certification class and exam ? but i see that min cost is ~200usd up xD

• if you are a engineer work at tech company maybe company will pay you money to learn that, but i'm a student and no much money so i try to lern it on free resource.

but i'm a semiconductor and chemistry student, so it actually quit hard haha