Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking a low cost (<10usd/year) at Asia to host a uptime kuma
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking a low cost (<10usd/year) at Asia to host a uptime kuma

As a college student ready to graduate next year, unfortunately my Github student package is about to end, and in order to spread the risk, it is impossible for me to set uptime kuma on the Oracle server where the service is built.

The current plan is to use this server and other machines on hand (including physical machines and VPS) to learn to manage docker containers on different machines through k8s, so this machine must be able to run the k8s environment and depoly uptime kuma.

And also because the backup function of uptime kuma is no longer functioning properly, I also need to be able to directly access the file directory structure to directly upload my currently operating docker data to the new machine. Is there any Asian server that meets these conditions? ?

By the way, I actually tried Render to deploy it before, but I got an IPv6 error when using the Ping monitoring function, which make it unuseable. If anyone want to try it just skipped it :(

(I'm sorry if there are any grammatical problems with my English)

Comments

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

At that price I only know of RackNerd (no aff):

• 768 MB KVM VPS (Black Friday 2023)
    • 1 vCPU Core
    • 15 GB PURE SSD RAID-10 Storage
    • 768 MB RAM
    • 1000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    • 1Gbps Public Network Port
    • 1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    • $10.18/YEAR

For $0.85 / month. See product specs (aff)
    It's in US/EU.

• @davide said:

• 1 vCPU Core
    • 768 MB RAM
    • $10.18/YEAR

It's in US/EU.

I know this, this looks may the final solution if no any aisa host can use, us or eu ping to my place are about 300~1000ms and some times due to the submarine cable broken it not stable (news say shark chew this before haha idk why)

• Deepak_NagarDeepak_Nagar Member
    edited November 2023

Try Pikapods (specially for uptime kuma)
    Start from 1$ / month

• @Deepak_Nagar said:
    Try Pikapods (specially for uptime kuma)
    Start from 1$ / month

accually this is where i'm start, maybe the end i'll back there :D

• render already have known issue

By the way, I actually tried Render to deploy it before, but I got an IPv6 error when using the Ping monitoring function, which make it unuseable. If anyone want to try it just skipped it

• Just go hetrix tools

• oh i see ur edit, but can fly.io upload already exist docker /app/data ?
    the backup feature of uptime kuma accually broken now (after many version update it fail and looks no any fix, they say just backup all /app/data to recover)

• @Astro said:
    Just go hetrix tools

I have to be honestly say this looks good, but i need monitor steam game server status, uptime kuma is the only one i know can use steam api to monitor game server's serivce

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

Why would the game server spontaneously go offline?

Pinging the host address might be a sufficient approximation if the game software doesn't habitually crap out on its own.

• I'm using google free tier computing e2-micro, and running just well

• @davide said:
    Why would the game server spontaneously go offline?

Pinging the host address might be a sufficient approximation if the game software doesn't habitually crap out on its own.

host a csgo server always need love and hard work 🫠
    and sometimes it just miss on community server list, but it's not the physical server offline.

• Maybe try @SiliCloud , 16$ per year

1 vCPU EPYC 7532 768MiB DDR4
    20GiB SSD (CEPH)
    Global Traffic 300G@300Mbps throttled@1Mbps

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/190361/Black-Friday-tyo-lax-openstack-cloud-9-22-per-year

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2023

@davide said:

• 1 vCPU Core
    • 768 MB RAM
    • $10.18/YEAR

It's in US/EU.

Or.. for 11 cents more you can get this one which comes with 5GB more, 256MB extra RAM and 4TB extra bandwidth:

1 vCPU Core
    20 GB PURE SSD RAID-10 Storage
    1 GB RAM
    4000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, and much more
    Available in Multiple Locations
    JUST $10.29/YEAR - WOW!!

Annually: $ 10.29

https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=810

https://racknerdtracker.com/?product=810/1-gb-kvm-vps-a-must-grab-deal---leb-exclusive

• @dahartigan said:

@davide said:

• 1 vCPU Core
    • 768 MB RAM
    • $10.18/YEAR

It's in US/EU.

Or.. for 11 cents more you can get this one which comes with 5GB more, 256MB extra RAM and 4TB extra bandwidth:

1 vCPU Core
    1 GB RAM
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    JUST $10.29/YEAR - WOW!!

https://racknerdtracker.com/?product=810/1-gb-kvm-vps-a-must-grab-deal---leb-exclusive

bro ur not first one talk about that xD
    I know this but they don't have asia server 🥲

• @NebulosaCat said:

@dahartigan said:

@davide said:

• 1 vCPU Core
    • 768 MB RAM
    • $10.18/YEAR

It's in US/EU.

1 vCPU Core
    1 GB RAM
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    JUST $10.29/YEAR - WOW!!

bro ur not first one talk about that xD
    I know this but they don't have asia server 🥲

Thanks for your interest our services feedback.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Asia <10usd/year
    Good luck.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • If you really want Asia server. the best option is getting one from GreenCloudVPS for $25/yr

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @suut said:
    Asia <10usd/year
    Good luck.

as a asia i'm accually suprise there not many(even no) option...
    i think the cost of people, eletric and other are lower then euro and us, but looks i'm wrong.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • nick_nick_ Member
    edited November 2023

512MB RAM OpenVZ NAT VPS in SG for $6.84/year is still available. Should suffice for Uptime Kuma.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3798095#Comment_3798095

Thanked by 2bdl yoursunny
  • @NebulosaCat said:

oh i see ur edit, but can fly.io upload already exist docker /app/data ?
    the backup feature of uptime kuma accually broken now (after many version update it fail and looks no any fix, they say just backup all /app/data to recover)

It's possible but a bit roundabout: https://www.richardneililagan.com/posts/copying-files-to-fly-io-volume/

• @CyberneticTitan said:

@NebulosaCat said:

oh i see ur edit, but can fly.io upload already exist docker /app/data ?

It's possible but a bit roundabout: https://www.richardneililagan.com/posts/copying-files-to-fly-io-volume/

i'll try it, i think vultwarden are same db as uptime kuma(both SQLite)

• @NebulosaCat said:

@suut said:
    Asia <10usd/year
    Good luck.

as a asia i'm accually suprise there not many(even no) option...
    i think the cost of people, eletric and other are lower then euro and us, but looks i'm wrong.

not bandwidth , hardware , colocation, etc

• If you can do OpenVZ and shared IPv4, there are some hosts in SG, JP and Indonesia

https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/#ovz (some aff)

I have run uptime kuma on Webhorizon NAT, so it's definitely doable.

• @NebulosaCat said:

I know this, this looks may the final solution if no any aisa host can use, us or eu ping to my place are about 300~1000ms and some times due to the submarine cable broken it not stable (news say shark chew this before haha idk why)

They just want a little snack :lol:

Maybe also look at https://hop.io/ ? It's like Fly but a little bit better in my opinion. You should fit in the free tier.

Thanked by 1TrK
  • @fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

Maybe also look at https://hop.io/ ? It's like Fly but a little bit better in my opinion. You should fit in the free tier.

Great find my kuma instance is running on fly for over an year without any issues just some memory spikes when a service goes down will give this a try to see if i truly hop on it.

• @TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

Great find my kuma instance is running on fly for over an year without any issues just some memory spikes when a service goes down will give this a try to see if i truly hop on it.

They seem wayyyy more polished as a cloud company, I just haven't had a use for them yet since it's cheaper for me to buy a bunch of cheap yearlies instead of using an autoscaling cloud type product haha

• @fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

They seem wayyyy more polished as a cloud company, I just haven't had a use for them yet since it's cheaper for me to buy a bunch of cheap yearlies instead of using an autoscaling cloud type product haha

i know what you mean even i myself have several cheap VMs although half of them are idle but i prefer hosting uptime monitoring or bots to these container providers I don't mind paying if it's really the only way but if it's free and sufficient for my needs i don't think there's a better deal than that. I started using fly after heroku troubled me with their policies and shit and found it much more awesome so just migrated my kuma from a natvps to fly.io although it wasn't easier like on VM but wasn't hard either way. This hop.io looks good tbh.

• @TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

i know what you mean even i myself have several cheap VMs although half of them are idle but i prefer hosting uptime monitoring or bots to these container providers I don't mind paying if it's really the only way but if it's free and sufficient for my needs i don't think there's a better deal than that. I started using fly after heroku troubled me with their policies and shit and found it much more awesome so just migrated my kuma from a natvps to fly.io although it wasn't easier like on VM but wasn't hard either way. This hop.io looks good tbh.

I just worry about using autoscaling cloud providers for personal stuff, I don't want to end up with a massive bill + for raw compute they're almost always more expensive than LE* hosts. Also something about using a free tier is a little scary, at least when you're paying a bit you know they can't just kick you off whenever they feel like it.

• @fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@TrK said:

@fluffernutter said:

@NebulosaCat said:

I just worry about using autoscaling cloud providers for personal stuff, I don't want to end up with a massive bill + for raw compute they're almost always more expensive than LE* hosts. Also something about using a free tier is a little scary, at least when you're paying a bit you know they can't just kick you off whenever they feel like it.

Well i have faced three providers going dead pooled so it doesn't matter anyways, it's just an uptime bot and i always use virtual CC(if asked any) so it doesn't matter and i doubt unless i opt for autoscaling they will charge my card at all. As for scary part i am much more scared of LE hosts going dead pooled without any notice(i was also using NB that time but had timely backups to help me up) so it doesn't even matter nowadays i mostly use two instances of same service on different providers for example i have my main kuma on fly while the backup is running on koyeb(although there are issues but it's a backup anyway).