Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sweepstakes Spam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sweepstakes Spam

jon617jon617 Veteran
edited November 2023 in General

🌟 Anyone else ventured into a BF thread and found pages of the same sweepstakes message? Finding useful info is like a treasure hunt. Sure, I'll throw one comment to enter myself (who wouldn't, right?), but wow it's turning into spam central with the same message.

Helpful chit-chat, yabs, reviews, and tech help are the real gems that I think is why we're here. Playing detective, flipping through pages just to find those few helpful nuggets isn't that great. I'm not talking the upgrade-your-order posts, those are helpful to see how many people buy and which upgrade they choose. I’m talking about seeing the same message over and over. Would be awesome if there was a way to put a cap on the sweepstakes entry messages, or maybe a magic button to filter them out. Real talk makes me want to reach for my wallet.

Comments

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

We, providers are being encouraged to get more engagements. We have to compete with other threads to stay relevant. There simply no other way to keep our thread on the first page without more comments from users.

• @Shakib said:
    We, providers are being encouraged to get more engagements. We have to compete with other threads to stay relevant. There simply no other way to keep our thread on the first page without more comments from users.

Exactly on point. The threads at the top will attract more views and more sales.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • Having people write the same message isn’t engagement, it’s just #LowEndSpam

• Yep, page after page of the same comment helps no one. I'm not going to buy from someone who needs this kind of attention. I'm definitely not going to buy from someone who insists that I join their Discord server.

• fresentfresent Member, Patron Provider

@Shakib said:

Like Shakib said, there is no other way. And #ThatsTheWay

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • Well, as you observed, this year deals was subpar. That's why spam was allowed, to fill the void, to generate views/clicks. The ogf had much less views/clicks but very nice, organized event where you can actually find good deal.

Thanked by 1bench
  • Since you can't escape it, accept it calmly.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

are we talking about purp-

Thanked by 1bdl
  • MrRobMrRob Member
    edited November 2023

It is also very annoying, I only observe offers. of posts FULL SPAM

There is another one of almost many comments,
    For example 1000 to 10 000, and only for 1 free offer.

I think this should be banned, Because many new customers, They are looking for VPS OFFERS. and not free offers.
    Or at least another post should be made in the gifts section and not appear in the INDEX.

Observe the following, what happens if a customer comments a problem or leaves some questions in a post of more than 20 pages or 30 pages,
    and another new visitor wants to find out if it is reliable, is he going to read the 20 pages? or 30 pages? 1 or 2 hours of time?

There should be an order,

Just an advice.

• Personally have no problem with the spam, just keep it civilized and restricted to the providers own thread. The provider's offer is usually the first comment in the thread. Don't look at other comments in the thread to avoid the spam. And yes spamming in the mega thread should be totally disallowed. That's all.

• @jon617 said:
    Having people write the same message isn’t engagement, it’s just #LowEndSpam

They actually try to remain at the top of the first page to get more sales

• Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Now, you can game the game by using this extension. From yours truly: @DeadlyChemist
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182590/firefox-extension-for-let-fixes-some-issues-imo

• @hades_corps said:
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Now, you can game the game by using this extension. From yours truly: @DeadlyChemist
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182590/firefox-extension-for-let-fixes-some-issues-imo

yupp

planned to add some things this week
    like straight up blocking users

• I'm guessing some of these 11,000 may be spam