Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any decent WordPress managed hosting that costs USD $5 per month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any decent WordPress managed hosting that costs USD $5 per month?

I am currently hosting a hobby website on Cloudways along with a friend. He wants to delete his website by the end of the year, and he is not willing to use that site anymore. Till now we split the bill equally.

I don't want to pay 12 dollars monthly for a hobby site. Is there any decent WordPress hosting service like CloudWays that costs $5 per month per site?

Comments

• Exactly! Try: wordpress.com
    Only $4.00/mo with CDN and 1 year free domain name

Thanked by 1APFS
  • Just go with SpeedyPage and make sure you get the package with the Bunny CDN included.

Thanked by 2APFS greentea
  • CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@APFS said:
    I am currently hosting a hobby website on Cloudways along with a friend. He wants to delete his website by the end of the year, and he is not willing to use that site anymore. Till now we split the bill equally.

I don't want to pay 12 dollars monthly for a hobby site. Is there any decent WordPress hosting service like CloudWays that costs $5 per month per site?

I have used Name Cheap's WP, its solid.
    https://www.namecheap.com/wordpress/pricing/
    Annual billing of course gives a steep discount.

Thanked by 2APFS hampered
  • Not me but a friend of mine has a 3$ hosting from WebHorizon. It's BF; maybe they have even better offers.

Thanked by 1APFS
  • @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Just go with SpeedyPage and make sure you get the package with the Bunny CDN included.

Bunny thing is included in plans of 11.99 and above as I see form the website. So maybe out of budget for me.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @lowendclient said:
    Exactly! Try: wordpress.com
    Only $4.00/mo with CDN and one-year free domain name

That was the first site I came across. I did not understand their 8% commission and whether I could use my WordPress.org-hosted website theme. Their free themes are a disaster, and if I can't customize them, I will be stuck with those awful themes with big titles and pictures.

• What's the difference between a WordPress plan versus a plain shared hosting plan?

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

If your looking for budget hosting we have our black Friday Offers running for webhosting from £9 a year

• @APFS said:

Wait for namecheap black Friday, usually there isa good bargain for WordPress hosting. But my favorite still LET host like speedypage, it's cheaper and work great

@josephf said:
    What's the difference between a WordPress plan versus a plain shared hosting plan?

Just need to think about good contents, don't worry about hosting at all. If something wrong, you can just contact webhost and they will managed/solved it

• have one plan from wordpress .com itself.
    it's nice, if you want "managed" one.
    else any cPanel wordpress (one-click) install will do that come with backups! Here you are free to install any plugins, but most managed wordpress providers restrict certain cache, form, seo plugins.

Thanked by 1APFS
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

@APFS said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Just go with SpeedyPage and make sure you get the package with the Bunny CDN included.

Bunny thing is included in plans of 11.99 and above as I see form the website. So maybe out of budget for me.

Bunny stuff is included complimentary (including the lowest tier plan, $4.29/mo)

Here's the list:
    15 GB NVMe SSD Disk Space
    2 Hosted Websites
    UNLIMITED Bandwidth
    UNLIMITED Subdomains, Emails, MySQL, Databases, & FTP Accounts
    Anycast DNS
    Bunny CDN
    Bunny.net Website Optimiser

2 GB Memory (RAM)
    1 High Performance CPU Core
    25 Entry Processes
    Daily Backups (Stored for 31 days)
    DDoS Protection
    cPanel Control Panel

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Linux Webhosting From Only £9 a Year

Wordpress Webhosting From Only £9 a Year

Use Promo Code at checkout BFWEB23 for 70% off for any of our plans

• @JasonM said:
    have one plan from wordpress .com itself.
    it's nice, if you want "managed" one.
    else any cPanel wordpress (one-click) install will do that come with backups! Here you are free to install any plugins, but most managed wordpress providers restrict certain cache, form, seo plugins.

Are you able to make changes to your theme and modify as per necessary requirements?

• Guys noo namecheap is not a good shared host. Cloudways is my new fave for Wordpress. Also Kinsta is meant to be good.

• @tbfhosting said:
    Guys noo namecheap is not a good shared host. Cloudways is my new fave for Wordpress. Also Kinsta is meant to be good.

Why is namecheap bad, can you explain.

I liked cloudways but the price is a but much for one site at $12

• Guys. How is SiteGround? It has a plan that comes under $5.

I just want to know if its reliable and has perfromance enough to maintain uptime without issues.

Also what Control Panel does it use? CPanel or anything else?

• Check Extravm and Speedypage packages for Wordpress site.

• Hetzner web hosting is good for the basic plan??

• @tbfhosting said:
    Guys noo namecheap is not a good shared host. Cloudways is my new fave for Wordpress. Also Kinsta is meant to be good.

Isn't Kinsta expensive?

• Go with @speedypage or @labze. Both have nice cPanel offers with Ryzens.

Thanked by 1labze
  • @josephf said:

@tbfhosting said:

Isn't Kinsta expensive?

extremely expensive

• Guys. Need you suggestion on on thing.

I don't know the managing part of a sever for wordpress sites. Cloudways takes care of OS patching, control panel and everything. I got a 9 to 5 job and spending time on command line is not possible for me if anything goes wrong in my office time.

If I can get a VPS, is there some control panel that is free where I can just login to my control panel and host website without needing to touch the OS part via SSH etc?

I signedup with EasyWP trail and they just don't seem to care about customers. No support buttons etc.
    Hetzner asks for a 9.90 fee for some reason I don't understand.

• Siteground and namecheap were both great for me, easy to use, staging sites and someone else has to make sure it's working.

• Get AWS free tier, free for 12Months

• @niranjan said:
    Get AWS free tier, free for 12Months

What to do after the 12 months?

• @hampered said:
    Siteground and namecheap were both great for me, easy to use, staging sites and someone else has to make sure it's working.

How do SiteGround and NameCheap compare to each other?

• @josephf said:

@niranjan said:
    Get AWS free tier, free for 12Months

What to do after the 12 months?

Create New account!

• @josephf said:

@hampered said:
    Siteground and namecheap were both great for me, easy to use, staging sites and someone else has to make sure it's working.

How do SiteGround and NameCheap compare to each other?

Siteground is not cheap cause the first year is very cheap for $4 but the renewal is $17 which is 3x the price. I wouldn't choose it for a low cost offering.

• idcloudhost cost 15.000 IDR (under 1$) per month.