Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Software and services to buy during Black Friday 2023
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Software and services to buy during Black Friday 2023

verovero Member, Host Rep

Just like two years ago, I ask you to share what software or services you're planning to buy during this Black Friday week with considerable discounts.

I was looking for Magento themes for a while, but there are not many good options to consider. Hyva is not on sale, and most of those in Themeforest are bit below my (and Google PageSpeed) standards. BTW, discounts are already applied on some popular WordPress themes there, so you can check.

P .S. Also I'm willing to sell two domain names at discounted prices (one from 2000, three symbol length, not .com, and and one web hosting related .com from 2006). These are no less than 200€ each, if you're interested, just PM.

Thanked by 1RIYAD

Comments

• Parallels Desktop 19 for Mac Standard Edition

£78.74 1-Time Purchase

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • Any control panels on offer for BF?

• @armandorg maybe coming up with a new light theme or blestarized?

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2023

@webcraft said:
    @armandorg maybe coming up with a new light theme or blestarized?

Check Blesta’s discord mate, the theme is close to being published. Around December.. :) Few screenshots posted aswell! Hit me up privately if you can’t find those

For offers we already have the specials posted, BF40

• @armandorg said:

@webcraft said:
    @armandorg maybe coming up with a new light theme or blestarized?

Check Blesta’s discord mate, the theme is close to being published. Around December.. :)

I only believe once it's published. You working on it for ages. :joy:

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • Considering upgrading to paid versions of Macrium and iMazing, but it's hard to beat free

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Cpanel 50% off would be nice 😂

Macrium Is on my list. But it’s only valid for the first year.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • I am trying to find some Monitoring / Backup services (or scripts) deals. (Not server/storage).

Also keeping an eye on WordPress related stuff. (That's my main market).
    Already got some nice renewal deals :)

• @Umair said:
    I am trying to find some Monitoring / Backup services (or scripts) deals. (Not server/storage).

There's a monitoring deal on appsumo, some noname place, could be worth checking out tho. I got betteruptime ltd there couple years ago and it's amazing.

Haven't seen very many good deals this year so far, not even really anything good for WP, ltd are hard to find nowadays since so many huge companies have gobbled up the plugin market.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • I want to buy VPN if they are cheap.

• Might get a third ZAP Hosting Lifetime vps, or just get their lifetime plesk webspace. They are likely gonna do a discount for lifetime products too.

• cloudns.net

We are offering you to UPGRADE your Free DNS plan to DDoS Protected or Premium plan with up to -20% OFF the regular price! Great opportunity, right?

Also, don’t miss the chance to take a Monitoring service with -50% OFF!

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • @Umair said:
    I am trying to find some Monitoring / Backup services (or scripts) deals. (Not server/storage).

For monitoring now I am using a pika pod with Uptime Kuma to monitor all my websites and cron jobs, and then I have updown.io monitoring Uptime Kuma to ensure I know if it goes down. updown.io is very cheap, so between the two of them monitoring lots of stuff costs almost nothing

Thanked by 3bdl sportingdan pluto
  • @Ympker said:
    Might get a third ZAP Hosting Lifetime vps, or just get their lifetime plesk webspace. They are likely gonna do a discount for lifetime products too.

Lifetime VPS at least guaranteed for 5 years or until the host node die?
    Saw ZAP hosting offer lifetime dedicated servers too, what is not known is definition of VPS/dedicated server "lifetime". Can you please help to understand minimum duration?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2023

@gks said:

@Ympker said:
    Might get a third ZAP Hosting Lifetime vps, or just get their lifetime plesk webspace. They are likely gonna do a discount for lifetime products too.

Lifetime VPS at least guaranteed for 5 years or until the host node die?
    Saw ZAP hosting offer lifetime dedicated servers too, what is not known is definition of VPS/dedicated server "lifetime". Can you please help to understand minimum duration?

Minimum duration: from the time the product is delivered.

Maximum duration: the buyer's or the company's lifetime which both could end at any time.

Someone on LET also bought a lifetime dedi and they even said they'll replace it if hw fails.

Thanked by 1gks
  • tjntjn Member
    edited November 2023

50% of all FreePBX modules - not bad.

https://www.freepbx.org/cyber-monday-sale/x

• @Ympker said: ZAP Hosting Lifetime vps

are those like SSDNodes with SSD ram or what is the catch?

• netsujitnetsujit Member
    edited November 2023

@Ympker said:

I've got one.

They have disabled the 'DNS Hosting' section in their plesk webspace. You can point your domain to the IP or CNAME to the default plesk page domain. But you won't be able to to use their plesk nameservers and change dns records.

In addition to that if the shared IP is blacklisted, then you are out of luck. They won't move you to a different node just because of the current blacklisted IP. They say their internal team takes care of de-listing the IP from blacklists, but the one I raised around 8 months ago is still not done. Even though they advertise you can have X number of mailboxes for each package, when you raise a support ticket about the blacklisted IP, they'll tell you their plesk hosting is not meant for sending emails.

Apart from that, the hosting works alright. The performance is good and I haven't experienced any downtime. If there's any planned maintainance, they notify you about the dates/timings. I use it as a backup for couple of my low-traffic sites.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Addy.io , been using their free tier for a couple months now and it's been great. Definitely a steal for 7$/year.

• @nopingpong said:
    Addy.io , been using their free tier for a couple months now and it's been great. Definitely a steal for 7$/year.

That looks interesting, but the$7.20/yr discounted plan has a 100MB/month BW limit. Wouldn't that get wiped out if you get several emails with photos attached? Such as if you used it for something like emailing people to buy stuff on Craigslist.

• There is SimpleLogin too, it is better than Addy on paper, unlimited for almost everything (except subdomains and directories) and it is owned by Proton too now.

However, it doesn't have a cheaper plan like Addy does, but their only paid plan is slightly cheaper than Addy's Pro plan ($30 vs. $36 $20 vs. $21.6 for BF).

I've been using SimpleLogin Premium for two years now and going to keep using it.

• @user123 said:

>

That looks interesting, but the$7.20/yr discounted plan has a 100MB/month BW limit. Wouldn't that get wiped out if you get several emails with photos attached? Such as if you used it for something like emailing people to buy stuff on Craigslist.

Yep addy limitation can be a problem if its a very active account with lots of incoming/outgoing. Once reach the quota limit then all mails will be outright rejected. Would've be better if its just soft limit and delay processing but nope, straight reject. They're very stingy.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2023

@netsujit said:

@Ympker said:

I've got one.

They have disabled the 'DNS Hosting' section in their plesk webspace. You can point your domain to the IP or CNAME to the default plesk page domain. But you won't be able to to use their plesk nameservers and change dns records.

In addition to that if the shared IP is blacklisted, then you are out of luck. They won't move you to a different node just because of the current blacklisted IP. They say their internal team takes care of de-listing the IP from blacklists, but the one I raised around 8 months ago is still not done. Even though they advertise you can have X number of mailboxes for each package, when you raise a support ticket about the blacklisted IP, they'll tell you their plesk hosting is not meant for sending emails.

Apart from that, the hosting works alright. The performance is good and I haven't experienced any downtime. If there's any planned maintainance, they notify you about the dates/timings. I use it as a backup for couple of my low-traffic sites.

Thanks for the feedback! Already knew about the dns thing as I asked that in a ticket a while ago. Yeah, might just sign up for it depending on deals etc. Which package did you get? Phpmem of 128MB or what it was seems awfully low though.
    Could just get another vps instead, but the overhead of managing and securing the vps, plus free plesk with the webhosting makes me lean towards the webhosting .

• @bermudi said:

@Ympker said: ZAP Hosting Lifetime vps

are those like SSDNodes with SSD ram or what is the catch?

Didn't notice any issues so far.

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • @Hax said:
    There is SimpleLogin too, it is better than Addy on paper, unlimited for almost everything (except subdomains and directories) and it is owned by Proton too now.

However, it doesn't have a cheaper plan like Addy does, but their only paid plan is slightly cheaper than Addy's Pro plan ($30 vs. $36 $20 vs. $21.6 for BF).

I've been using SimpleLogin Premium for two years now and going to keep using it.

Support for SimpleLogin went right down the sh*tter when Proton bought them, response time is now measured in weeks

• I'm tempted to get Elementor AI - their BF plans start at $29.88/year recurring. Does anyone have experience with it?

• @nopingpong said:
    Addy.io , been using their free tier for a couple months now and it's been great. Definitely a steal for 7$/year.

I wish this was available to existing lite users. Still worth it for $12/yr.

• @user123 said:

@nopingpong said:

Doesn't craiglist anonymize your e-mail already? I know they used to, but haven't used it in years.

• Yes, I think so.

@darkknight said: Doesn't craiglist anonymize your e-mail already?

• Bump looking for great deals..