Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fiberstate - Power Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fiberstate - Power Issue

fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

Hello all, We are aware of power issues we are experiencing, we anticipate a short outage in order to resolve the matter fully. Thank you for your patience, we will update everyone via our portal and here shortly!

Comments

• Thanks for the update!

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

This has been fully resolved and there was a brief impact. Anyone experiencing any problems with a server reboot, please open a support ticket or call our main number 800-575-8921 and we have our team on stand by to assist.

• Provider made their own thread about a power blip and didn't rely on a community made thread?
    Not sure how i feel about that. Its so unusual it might as well be refreshing.

• @CheepCluck said:
    Provider made their own thread about a power blip and didn't rely on a community made thread?

Customer service never seen before?

• @StarTakko said:

@CheepCluck said:
    Provider made their own thread about a power blip and didn't rely on a community made thread?

Customer service never seen before?

Hard to see when the power is out afterall

Thanked by 1emgh
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@fiberstate said:
    This has been fully resolved and there was a brief impact. Anyone experiencing any problems with a server reboot, please open a support ticket or call our main number 800-575-8921 and we have our team on stand by to assist.

Their website is still down. And so are the servers

• oh, that explains, noted

Thanked by 1fiberstate
  • @georgedatacenter said:

@fiberstate said:

Their website is still down. And so are the servers

all of ours came back within maybe 20 minutes

Thanked by 1fiberstate
  • @fiberstate said:
    Hello all, We are aware of power issues we are experiencing, we anticipate a short outage in order to resolve the matter fully. Thank you for your patience, we will update everyone via our portal and here shortly!

Not a customer yet, but appreciate the transparency! Rooting and looking forward to your success and expansion in APAC, or somewhere closer.

Thanked by 1fiberstate
  • @fiberstate said:

My Server is UP but has no connectivity, IPMI is working.
    Server ID: F7X-0158

Quick update. There was a Juniper QFX switch impacting about two racks of servers that had a failed 40G optic. We've replaced it and confirmed all services have been restored. Please bump any ticket if you are still experiencing issues. As of now we can confirm that all critical infrastructure has been physically checked and is online.

@StarTakko said:

@fiberstate said:

This was most likely the switch that was impacted since you had OOB IPMI access. Please check and let us know if you have any issues.

• FWIW hitting 503s again.

Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overload or scheduled maintenance.
    Request ID: f37d7635a9824d7246cdd8a1d811d87c

Thanked by 1BruhGamer12
  • @fiberstate said:

@StarTakko said:

@fiberstate said:

This was most likely the switch that was impacted since you had OOB IPMI access. Please check and let us know if you have any issues.

Yup, Now I have connectivity B)

• @caracal said:
    FWIW hitting 503s again.

Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overload or scheduled maintenance.

Same constant 503 21ae76096514c4ed7e4f03aa631462f5

• @fiberstate can you check IPv6 connectivity?

edited November 2023

@BruhGamer12 said:

@caracal said:
    FWIW hitting 503s again.

Service Unavailable

A 503 error on our site is related to a config on just the server itself. Not related to network-wide connectivity from the data center. If you are having an issue reaching the site, please refresh and try again.

@StarTakko said:

@fiberstate said:

@StarTakko said:

@fiberstate said:

Yup, Now I have connectivity B)

Great! Thanks :)

@BruhGamer12 said:

@caracal said:
    FWIW hitting 503s again.

Service Unavailable

Edit* We are seeing 503's as well. Checking firewall configs from outside networks that could have caused issues during a reboot.

• @CheepCluck said:

I came to see if anyone else had issues but was met with this thread.
    HetrixTools shows my host (no alerts) was down from 20:24 to 20:48. My monitoring and alerts for a VM kept saying it was down...turns out that one VM wasn't set to autoboot...oops

But hey @fiberstate - Invoice #1272 and Ticket #SLZ-895182. I'm not complaining but you were supposed to increase the monthly bill by $10. If its too much, you don't have to make the increase ;)

• @abrahamj said:

@CheepCluck said:

I came to see if anyone else had issues but was met with this thread.
    HetrixTools shows my host (no alerts) was down from 20:24 to 20:48. My monitoring and alerts for a VM kept saying it was down...turns out that one VM wasn't set to autoboot...oops

But hey @fiberstate - Invoice #1272 and Ticket #SLZ-895182. I'm not complaining but you were supposed to increase the monthly bill by $10. If its too much, you don't have to make the increase ;)

You should have autoreboot always. The rest of what you just said just went into another dimension and i am understand i can understand whats going on there.

• @CheepCluck said:
    You should have autoreboot always. The rest of what you just said just went into another dimension and i am understand i can understand whats going on there.

HetrixTools.com is a 3rd party monitoring tool. I monitor the host, but don't alert on it. I monitor and alert on one of the VMs; when the VM goes down, I get notified. That VM was provisioned after the others and I forgot to enable autoboot. I thought the outage was longer than the ~24 minutes that it was because of my mistake in not setting autoboot. The other VMs came online immediately.

Site and ticket portal 503 error should be fully resolved. Please let us know if anyone is seeing errors loading the site.

Please open a ticket if any issues with service are still present.

• @vba said:
    @fiberstate can you check IPv6 connectivity?

• Why can't I connect again?

• Server seems to be down again, I can't reach the ticket portal as well :/

• Down again :'(

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

they are rebooting the core switch trying to fix IPV6, should be back online now

edited November 2023

@vba said:

@vba said:

Yes, please open a ticket. We are checking a few things with v6 at the moment.

• @fiberstate said:

@vba said:

@vba said:

Yes, please open a ticket. We are checking a few things with v6 at the moment.

it is difficult to open the website, because of 503
    please try to solve ipv6 issue on your side, i believe all server has no ipv6 connectivity right now