Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-- B L A C K F R I D A Y -- by LETs #1 TOP PROVIDER RackNerd! - HUNDREDS OF GIVEAWAYS! COME GET SOME - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

-- B L A C K F R I D A Y -- by LETs #1 TOP PROVIDER RackNerd! - HUNDREDS OF GIVEAWAYS! COME GET SOME

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2023

Woah, 7950X.

edit: Eh, only one location (-:

• YO!

Please double my bandwidth o:)

Order: 6122088202

• Order No: 3726111550

Double the bandwidth, please!

• @dustinc said: Renovating is something that I always enjoy doing with my properties — I find the transformation from the initial state, through the renovation process, to the final result incredibly rewarding.

nice ! this is why i code and fix things in free time i guess
    making something bad, good again makes me happy too

@dustinc said: I’m blessed and committed to guiding them towards becoming responsible, respectful, and productive people. Excitingly and on a side note, the kids are also starting in-home swimming lessons this week.

im 26 and dont know how to swim, but in Cali i think swimming is useful

@dustinc said: How about you? What’s new in your world?

recently started duo-queueing life with a person of similar interests, we'll see how it goes, very excited

Started working on some tech projects, some hardware, some software, not a lot of time or ressources

Work/school recently started to branch off to more departments, so doing more diverse work, that's good
    pay is still laughable but that's a apprenticeship for you, gotta survive on peanuts

finished (more or less) my cheap home backup solution with UPS and remote data redundancy, will make a post on LET soon (have all text written, just need some screenshots) (can ping you if you interested)

next week im going to visit my friends on the other end of germany, we are in friend/whatsapp group for 10 years, sadly 2 out of 7 cannot attend it so thats a bit sad. but hey, gotta keep in touch with homies while you can.

aside that, nothing exciting, waking up, going to work, going home, eating, sleeping, repeat

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@niranjan said:

How is this thing working?

I have a script that checks LET for new comments every minute or so and it has a local database of every comment in this thread to calculate the leaderboard.

Daam, that's nice.

• SHEEEEESHHHH!!! RACKNERD BLACK FRIDAY IS LIVE, GO HERE: https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/ 💯

• I think scraping this thread to build the stats table would require running a headless browser or similar. puppeteer/playwright etc. There is CloudFlare in the way which would resist scraping naturally.

• doesn't LET have a built in tool that accomplishes the same thing that providers can use to run giveaways? maybe it was used by GreenCloud for their 1010 birthday sale.

• Yes there is but it's only available to admins I guess. For others need to resort to plain ol' scraping.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@babywhale said:
    @dustinc I PM'd you regarding the giveaway :)

@babywhale -- Yessir, got it 👊

@tuc said:

RackNerd Backpack

SHEEEEESHHHH!!! RACKNERD BLACK FRIDAY IS LIVE, GO HERE: https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/ 💯

@tuc -- The RackNerd backpack quality is on another level, imo :)

Thanked by 1tuc
  • @dustinc said:

@tuc said:

RackNerd Backpack

SHEEEEESHHHH!!! RACKNERD BLACK FRIDAY IS LIVE, GO HERE: https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/ 💯

even just winning Racknerd swag would be awesome. I wonder if anyone would recognize it out and about

• @tuc said:

RackNerd Backpack

you keep your insane luck away from this thread :tongue: probably commenting on it from your iPad giveaway lol

Thanked by 1tuc

@JabJab said:
    Woah, 7950X.

edit: Eh, only one location (-:

Hi @JabJab -- really appreciate you stopping by our Black Friday 2023 thread :) This is literally fresh news, and this community is among the first to be able to know about and experience our new Gen4 Ryzen 7950X product line up. Very exciting stuff and we look forward to further building out and establishing this product line.

We will soon be expanding this new product line into other existing locations of ours. In fact, as we speak a batch is actively being prepared and going to be shipped out to another location soon. For now, we believe New York is a solid choice to start and kick off Black Friday 2023, as it still provides decent enough latency for most use-cases around US, Canada, Europe, etc. As these become available in more locations, our order forms will reflect this accordingly. I'll also be sure to announce it within this thread once more locations become available.

As for our regular KVM VPS product line up, that's currently available to deploy out of ~10 different locations.

P.S. As a tip - RackNerd does provide one free location migration request per service, so what you could do if you like what you see, is order the Ryzen VPS deal of your choice (in order to secure the Black Friday deal now) and then request a free migration to another location once it becomes available. There would be no charge for that, and we can even migrate your existing data in place at that time, so you can start using the VPS immediately without having to wait.

@babywhale said:
    YO!

Order: 6122088202

Hi @babywhale -- yep, got it! Doubled the bandwidth on this one :)

@rattlecattle said:
    Order No: 3726111550

Double the bandwidth, please!

Hi @rattlecattle -- All set on this one, woot woot!

Thanked by 1rattlecattle
  • SHEEEEESHHHH!!! RACKNERD BLACK FRIDAY IS LIVE, GO HERE: https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/ 💯

• Please double my bandwidth o:)

Order#: 2284258650

edited November 2023

@DeadlyChemist said:

@dustinc said: Renovating is something that I always enjoy doing with my properties — I find the transformation from the initial state, through the renovation process, to the final result incredibly rewarding.

nice ! this is why i code and fix things in free time i guess
    making something bad, good again makes me happy too

@dustinc said: I’m blessed and committed to guiding them towards becoming responsible, respectful, and productive people. Excitingly and on a side note, the kids are also starting in-home swimming lessons this week.

im 26 and dont know how to swim, but in Cali i think swimming is useful

@dustinc said: How about you? What’s new in your world?

recently started duo-queueing life with a person of similar interests, we'll see how it goes, very excited

Started working on some tech projects, some hardware, some software, not a lot of time or ressources

Work/school recently started to branch off to more departments, so doing more diverse work, that's good
    pay is still laughable but that's a apprenticeship for you, gotta survive on peanuts

finished (more or less) my cheap home backup solution with UPS and remote data redundancy, will make a post on LET soon (have all text written, just need some screenshots) (can ping you if you interested)

next week im going to visit my friends on the other end of germany, we are in friend/whatsapp group for 10 years, sadly 2 out of 7 cannot attend it so thats a bit sad. but hey, gotta keep in touch with homies while you can.

aside that, nothing exciting, waking up, going to work, going home, eating, sleeping, repeat

Hi @DeadlyChemist -- all that sounds pretty exciting/good actually. Diving into tech projects, both hardware and software, sounds like a great way to keep your skills sharp, even if time and resources are tight. Sounds like a nice balance of work, personal projects, and maintaining relationships. Keep pushing through, and enjoy the little things in life's routine :)

@sycot said:

@dustinc said:

@tuc said:

RackNerd Backpack

even just winning Racknerd swag would be awesome. I wonder if anyone would recognize it out and about

Shall we do a swag giveaway next? 🤔

Thanked by 2harrison sycot

@warmingforg said:

Order#: 2284258650

Hi @warmingforg -- all set! Thank You :)

Thanked by 1warmingforg
  • YABS of giveaway VPS

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-09-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon 13 Nov 2023 01:52:53 PM PST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 4499.984 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.4 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 28.4 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-26-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : ColoCrossing
    ASN        : AS36352 ColoCrossing
    Host       : SmartServerHost LLC
    Location   : Buffalo, New York (NY)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 547.12 MB/s (136.7k) | 2.78 GB/s    (43.5k)
    Write      | 548.56 MB/s (137.1k) | 2.79 GB/s    (43.7k)
    Total      | 1.09 GB/s   (273.9k) | 5.58 GB/s    (87.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.43 GB/s     (6.7k) | 3.52 GB/s     (3.4k)
    Write      | 3.61 GB/s     (7.0k) | 3.76 GB/s     (3.6k)
    Total      | 7.04 GB/s    (13.7k) | 7.29 GB/s     (7.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 873 Mbits/sec   | 44.2 Mbits/sec  | 78.4 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 89.3 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 878 Mbits/sec   | 427 Mbits/sec   | 85.1 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 755 Mbits/sec   | 12.5 Mbits/sec  | 183 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 937 Mbits/sec   | 153 Mbits/sec   | 10.3 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 541 Mbits/sec   | 37.6 Mbits/sec  | 154 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 875 Mbits/sec   | 77.7 Mbits/sec  | 71.2 ms

Running GB6 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*
    [SSH session times out because I forgot GB6 needs more than 1.5GB RAM]
    Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 8202
    Multi Core      | 7799
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16936679

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1877
    Multi Core      | 1872
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/21945426

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Black Friday has come early, I guess :open_mouth:

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dustinc said:

@sycot said:

@dustinc said:

@tuc said:

RackNerd Backpack

Shall we do a swag giveaway next? 🤔

yasssss

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @MallocVoidstar said:
    YABS of giveaway VPS

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-09-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon 13 Nov 2023 01:52:53 PM PST

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 4499.984 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.4 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 28.4 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-26-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : ColoCrossing
    ASN        : AS36352 ColoCrossing
    Host       : SmartServerHost LLC
    Location   : Buffalo, New York (NY)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 547.12 MB/s (136.7k) | 2.78 GB/s    (43.5k)
    Write      | 548.56 MB/s (137.1k) | 2.79 GB/s    (43.7k)
    Total      | 1.09 GB/s   (273.9k) | 5.58 GB/s    (87.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.43 GB/s     (6.7k) | 3.52 GB/s     (3.4k)
    Write      | 3.61 GB/s     (7.0k) | 3.76 GB/s     (3.6k)
    Total      | 7.04 GB/s    (13.7k) | 7.29 GB/s     (7.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 873 Mbits/sec   | 44.2 Mbits/sec  | 78.4 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 89.3 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 878 Mbits/sec   | 427 Mbits/sec   | 85.1 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 755 Mbits/sec   | 12.5 Mbits/sec  | 183 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 937 Mbits/sec   | 153 Mbits/sec   | 10.3 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 541 Mbits/sec   | 37.6 Mbits/sec  | 154 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 875 Mbits/sec   | 77.7 Mbits/sec  | 71.2 ms

Running GB6 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*
    [SSH session times out because I forgot GB6 needs more than 1.5GB RAM]
    Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 8202
    Multi Core      | 7799
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16936679

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1877
    Multi Core      | 1872
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/21945426

CPU score great! but oof some of those receive speeds are rough

• Wow, nice prizes on the giveaways! Good luck everyone!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Black Friday deals!! These are awesome, particularly nice to see the Ryzens and extra web hosting plans too!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • YES, WE'RE READY TO ROCK AND ROLL!! 🎉

Thanked by 1dustinc