Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-- B L A C K F R I D A Y -- by LETs #1 TOP PROVIDER RackNerd! - HUNDREDS OF GIVEAWAYS! COME GET SOME - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

-- B L A C K F R I D A Y -- by LETs #1 TOP PROVIDER RackNerd! - HUNDREDS OF GIVEAWAYS! COME GET SOME

Comments

• RACKNERD SWAG IS THE BEST!

• @MooCowGalaxy said: There’s always going to be more

• Thanks for the discount. Just placed a order if you could please double my bandwidth B)

Your Order Number is: 3478471758
    Invoice #8643221

• @dustinc said:

@dahartigan said:
    Black Friday deals!! These are awesome, particularly nice to see the Ryzens and extra web hosting plans too!

The man, the legend @dahartigan!! You made it to the party :)

Appreciate your continued support.

<3

First chance I got this morning, I open LET and discover the BF2023 thread and it's already almost 10 pages deep!

I'm always intrigued by the deals you come up with and the seemingly endless variations you can conjure up, sure to hit the sweet spot in anyone's requirements.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • SHEEEEESHHHH!!! RACKNERD BLACK FRIDAY IS LIVE, GO HERE: https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/ 💯

• Where is the new apac location? I tought it would be announced on BF thread

• So how many people are here for the swags and how many people are here for the deals? Looks like all swag applications and not enough deal part takers?

• SHEEEEESHHHH!!! RACKNERD BLACK FRIDAY IS LIVE, GO HERE: https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/ 💯

• @chiisana said:
    So how many people are here for the swags and how many people are here for the deals? Looks like all swag applications and not enough deal part takers?

If the flash sales are great enough I’ll snag one ;)

Thanked by 1dustinc

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@chiisana said:
    So how many people are here for the swags and how many people are here for the deals? Looks like all swag applications and not enough deal part takers?

If the flash sales are great enough I’ll snag one ;)

You and me both -- or rather, if I could catch a decent one, I guess :)

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Crazy.. the top 10 best-scored VPS are mostly taken up with these BF2023 deals: https://racknerdtracker.com/?sort=vpsScore

Who could have known? :)

Thanked by 1dustinc

• @dahartigan said:
    Crazy.. the top 10 best-scored VPS are mostly taken up with these BF2023 deals: https://racknerdtracker.com/?sort=vpsScore

Who could have known? :)

The new pricing for their plans are substantially cheaper than previous deals!

• order number: 1326887427
    order number: 8636561031

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@jungleparrot said:
    Thanks for the discount. Just placed a order if you could please double my bandwidth B)

Your Order Number is: 3478471758
    Invoice #8643221

Nice order @jungleparrot! Glad to see you were able to snatch up two VPS's from our Black Friday 2023 deals 🕺

Bandwidth doubled on both VPS's.

• RackNerd is awesome! Even the free order reminded me to request double bandwidth.

Thank you!

order number #2196886201

@dahartigan said:

@dustinc said:

@dahartigan said:
    Black Friday deals!! These are awesome, particularly nice to see the Ryzens and extra web hosting plans too!

The man, the legend @dahartigan!! You made it to the party :)

Appreciate your continued support.

<3

First chance I got this morning, I open LET and discover the BF2023 thread and it's already almost 10 pages deep!

I'm always intrigued by the deals you come up with and the seemingly endless variations you can conjure up, sure to hit the sweet spot in anyone's requirements.

@dahartigan -- What a great way to start the morning, hehehe :) Really appreciate your positive feedback. We always try to switch things up, modernize our offers and also diversify them.

What did you think about our Black Friday landing page design this year at https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/ ?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dustinc said:

@sycot said:

@MallocVoidstar said:
    YABS of giveaway VPS

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-09-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon 13 Nov 2023 01:52:53 PM PST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 4499.984 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.4 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 28.4 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-26-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : ColoCrossing
    ASN        : AS36352 ColoCrossing
    Host       : SmartServerHost LLC
    Location   : Buffalo, New York (NY)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 547.12 MB/s (136.7k) | 2.78 GB/s    (43.5k)
    Write      | 548.56 MB/s (137.1k) | 2.79 GB/s    (43.7k)
    Total      | 1.09 GB/s   (273.9k) | 5.58 GB/s    (87.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 3.43 GB/s     (6.7k) | 3.52 GB/s     (3.4k)
    Write      | 3.61 GB/s     (7.0k) | 3.76 GB/s     (3.6k)
    Total      | 7.04 GB/s    (13.7k) | 7.29 GB/s     (7.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 873 Mbits/sec   | 44.2 Mbits/sec  | 78.4 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 89.3 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 878 Mbits/sec   | 427 Mbits/sec   | 85.1 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 755 Mbits/sec   | 12.5 Mbits/sec  | 183 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 937 Mbits/sec   | 153 Mbits/sec   | 10.3 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 541 Mbits/sec   | 37.6 Mbits/sec  | 154 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 875 Mbits/sec   | 77.7 Mbits/sec  | 71.2 ms

Running GB6 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*
    [SSH session times out because I forgot GB6 needs more than 1.5GB RAM]
    Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 8202
    Multi Core      | 7799
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16936679

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1877
    Multi Core      | 1872
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/21945426

CPU score great! but oof some of those receive speeds are rough

@sycot -- To be fair though, in the real world you'll probably get better results network wise. I was reading a post on LET not long ago, can't find it off the top of my hand but someone mentioned that the speedtest servers that YABS incorporates is getting quite congested, due to YABS gaining in popularity (not to mention all the other spin-offs of YABS on GitHub that also use the same speedtest servers).

It's a common saying I heard once from someone, and one I firmly agree with: "The results from any speed test service is fundamentally tied to the performance of the remote test servers." This statement holds a lot of truth, especially considering that many speedtest servers operate on shared network ports. They also often handle simultaneous testing from multiple users and are integrated into numerous benchmark scripts overtime, which can lead to an incorrect picture over time.

So when it comes to benchmarking network speeds, relying solely on one script or a single testing methodology can lead to a skewed or inaccurate picture. It's important to incorporate a range of tests and consider various factors to gain a more accurate understanding of network performance :)

yes, you're absolutely correct. I experienced this recently with speeds from a JP located VPS actually. I didn't mean to disparage your services network speeds seriously. it was just an offhand comment based on the pure data from the yabs post.

I wonder if this LET community might be able to help provide servers to services like yabs, given how much the users..use them. haha. I'm genuinely wondering, I'm not sure what kind of specs a server would need to be an effective yabs speed test end point.

thank you for your attention and reply. I am looking forward to all the giveaways and deals to come. :)

• sycotsycot Member
    edited November 2023

RACKNERD SWAG IS THE BEST!

edit: noooo @dustinc I was writing out a lengthy response and missed the swag giveaway! damn me 😂

• Post count is already 250
    The thread is going to be off the charts

Thanked by 1sycot

@paijrut said:
    Where is the new apac location? I tought it would be announced on BF thread

@paijrut -- Not quite the focus just yet, the announcement was our new Ryzen 7950X product line which we unveiled for the first time in Black Friday 2023, powered by Gen4 NVMe's with RAID protected storage, alongside with DDR5 RAM :) Amazing performance as shown in the benchmarks shared by other members in the previous pages. What's cool is that this community is the first to know about it, our main website has not yet even been updated yet (this is literally fresh news, and this community is among the first to be able to experience this). Demand has been extremely strong so far on this product line and we'll definitely be expanding this out to multiple locations as the months go by.

As for APAC, Singapore is immediately available on all shared/reseller hosting plans. As for VPS, our Los Angeles DC-02 location is also optimized to provide decent latency to many regions within Asia/Oceania.

• If possible, I think it would be great if you could plan a flash sale!

Thanked by 1dustinc