Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was the absolute best and worst deals you got so far from any provider? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What was the absolute best and worst deals you got so far from any provider?

13»

Comments

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

@HostEONS said:
    My worst deal was with Dedipath, lost over 30K due to their sudden shutdown and also lost gear worth $10K (Flexentials)

Best Deal so far with @fiberstate they have offered me awesome colo deal and they even picked and migrated all my gear from evocative (LA) to their DC in SLC for FREE ...

Their support is good and Brianna and Dan @fiberstate both are very helpful and they are flexible with deals

Glad to see the positive feedback. Thanks @HostEONS :)

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

2 vCPU Ryzen / 4 GB Memory / 1 TB NVme / 10g port / 100 TB Bandwidth
    for $10 per month
    oplink

• 8 epic cores
    24gb ram
    420gb ssd
    1gbit 25tb
    for 10€/month recurring
    in frankfurt/germany with ddos protection

• @dev_vps said:
    for $10 per month
    oplink

1 TB NVME for $10? How is the actual disk performance?

@gbzret4d said:
    8 epic cores
    24gb ram
    420gb ssd
    1gbit 25tb
    for 10€/month recurring
    in frankfurt/germany with ddos protection

This sounds like Bero Host, right?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

@vitobotta said:

@dev_vps said:
    for $10 per month
    oplink

>

Excellent.

I am using this VPS as my main development and testing machine.

— AI/ML developer

• @dev_vps said:

@vitobotta said:

@dev_vps said:
    for $10 per month
    oplink

>

Excellent.

I am using this VPS as my main development and testing machine.

— AI/ML developer

Interesting. I don't think I've seen that much of NVME storage for that price

• @danblaze said:
    @Advin The new server pre-order located in Nuremberg was basically the biggest surprise of my Black Friday.Again, the best I've gotten in two years.

The basic configuration is as follows:

KVM Premium XL
    Starting from
    $48.00
    Monthly
    AMD Genoa 9554 (24 vCores)
    6 dedicated, 18 burstable vCPU
    48GB DDR5 ECC Memory
    480GB NVMe SSD Storage
    100TB Bandwidth (10 Gbit)
    Located in Nuremberg, DE

There's a 50% discount for annual payments, so if I'm willing to pay all at once this is basically $24 per month.

He also promised me a traffic increase to 330T for pre-order users, in other words this is an average of 1G * 7*24 on 10G, which I think is a very good offer indeed.

This is an amazing deal
    Better than many dedicated servers deals under $60

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • I should mention deal I got from @c1vhosting with 1 TB storage

This VPS has excellent performance considering the disk performance is pretty good.

There was initial hiccups regarding the OS installation on the VPS, once that road block is clear, VPS is value considering the price.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @dev_vps said:
    I should mention deal I got from @c1vhosting with 1 TB storage

This VPS has excellent performance considering the disk performance is pretty good.

There was initial hiccups regarding the OS installation on the VPS, once that road block is clear, VPS is value considering the price.

thank you ☺️

• @davide said:
    Best: @c1vhosting, love you.
    Worst: @dustinc, fuck you.

>barges into discussion
    >bless this, fuck that
    >refuses to elaborate further
    >leaves

I am genuinely interested to know why you think that, your experience and a bit more context though.

• @dev_vps said:

@danblaze said:
    @Advin The new server pre-order located in Nuremberg was basically the biggest surprise of my Black Friday.Again, the best I've gotten in two years.

The basic configuration is as follows:

KVM Premium XL
    Starting from
    $48.00
    Monthly
    AMD Genoa 9554 (24 vCores)
    6 dedicated, 18 burstable vCPU
    48GB DDR5 ECC Memory
    480GB NVMe SSD Storage
    100TB Bandwidth (10 Gbit)
    Located in Nuremberg, DE

There's a 50% discount for annual payments, so if I'm willing to pay all at once this is basically $24 per month.

He also promised me a traffic increase to 330T for pre-order users, in other words this is an average of 1G * 7*24 on 10G, which I think is a very good offer indeed.

This is an amazing deal
    Better than many dedicated servers deals under $60

That's my point, in this location in Germany you will inevitably make comparisons with Hetzner.

However even then, unless you really need a lot of traffic and a full CPU 24/7, the vast majority of this product will be quieter and more powerful.

This is fantastic pricing, especially running on the latest generation of EPYC.

• Free services can be included, right?
    Best: Serv00
    Worst: probably when Rackspace began charging a monthly minimum fee for cloud files (years ago)

• @fiberstate said:

@HostEONS said:
    My worst deal was with Dedipath, lost over 30K due to their sudden shutdown and also lost gear worth $10K (Flexentials)

Best Deal so far with @fiberstate they have offered me awesome colo deal and they even picked and migrated all my gear from evocative (LA) to their DC in SLC for FREE ...

Their support is good and Brianna and Dan @fiberstate both are very helpful and they are flexible with deals

Glad to see the positive feedback. Thanks @HostEONS :)

I haven’t had the pleasure of working with Brianna, but I can vouch for Dan, he is great!

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • Best:

• WebHorizon: Email 4GB / $3.6
    • VirMach: Ryzen 9 5950X 2C / 22GB / 222M / 222GB / Tokyo $1.77

Worst:

• George Datacenter: $5/yr 1GB VMWare VPS in LA (BF)
  • Advin is the best I've ever manage to get.

8 cores 2dedi 16GB RAM $96/year

I am a happy bunny.

I did find bytehosting.cloud being another one.

4vcpu 13GB RAM costing around $96/year too.

• GreenCloud 6666-NL $66 per 2 years

6vCPU, 6GB RAM, 66GB SSD, 6.6TB bandwidth @ 10Gbit

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 157 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz
    CPU cores  : 6 @ 2594.400 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 5.8 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 63.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-9-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : 365 Online Technology Joint Stock Company
    ASN        : AS202602 365 Online Technology Joint Stock Company
    Host       : 365 Group LLC
    Location   : Amsterdam, North Holland (NH)
    Country    : Netherlands

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 196.71 MB/s  (49.1k) | 604.69 MB/s   (9.4k)
    Write      | 197.23 MB/s  (49.3k) | 607.87 MB/s   (9.4k)
    Total      | 393.94 MB/s  (98.4k) | 1.21 GB/s    (18.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 589.57 MB/s   (1.1k) | 609.29 MB/s    (595)
    Write      | 620.90 MB/s   (1.2k) | 649.87 MB/s    (634)
    Total      | 1.21 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.25 GB/s     (1.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 8.49 Gbits/sec  | 3.71 Gbits/sec  | 6.77 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 9.25 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 9.33 Gbits/sec  | 9.22 Gbits/sec  | 0.444 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 2.20 Gbits/sec  | 1.56 Gbits/sec  | 100 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.31 Gbits/sec  | 546 Mbits/sec   | 79.9 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 704 Mbits/sec   | 251 Mbits/sec   | 218 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.18 Gbits/sec  | 981 Mbits/sec   | 141 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 777
    Multi Core      | 4382
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/21957050

YABS completed in 7 min 38 sec

Sadly didn't managed to get 1010 plan this year....

• Best (price/performance): netcup, @PHP_Friends, GreenCloud, @natvps_uk

Worst (kind of a scam): Time4VPS, @c1vhosting

• aliletalilet Member
    edited November 2023

Best
    1 vCPU (AMD Ryzen 9 3900X)
    1GB RAM
    50GB SSD
    1.5TB Bandwidth
    $1.17/year from @VirMach

• My story began when I ventured into low end community for the first time. I remember I bought an OpenVZ VPS from a company called Solved By Data. I paid for a whole year services, only to realize that they're closing down next few months.

• worst:
    Ramnode, my VPS with all the application running got initialized!, as though the VPS was just provisioned.
    NexusBytes, $48/yr, 2CPU, 2GB ram. A few months after using this, my VPS got suspended for using more than 20% of CPU. This wasn't in the T&C when I signed up but somehow got added.

Good:
    SpeedyKVM/Hivelocity, $7/mth, 2CPU 4GB RAM. Still using them after 7 years, cannot remember any downtime. Have not raised a ticket except during the first few days when I got my VPS. This reminds me to check if I still remember my login credentials to their client portal since I paid by automatic debit to my card.

reliableVPS.net. Zero downtime. <$50/year for 3CPU, 6GB. Found them here on LET.
    I cannot remember the exact price since I paid yearly. Had them for two and a half years.

Best:
    I had them for a year, 7950X CPU. Ticket responded within minutes. They were affected by reliablesite network outage a few weeks ago, otherwise no downtime. Their 50% BF is still on and I don't want to mention them here since they have LET prices but not on LET.
    Will be ordering new servers and upgrading existing ones before BF deal ends later this week. 7950X is unbeatable in terms of speed. I paid yearly to get further discount. I cannot find any deals here on LET than can match this in terms of price or spec.
    There was a flaky PSU affecting one of the VPS last week but it was fixed before I could raise a ticket. My Uptimerobot reported the outage on my phone.
    The number ONE reason I put them to be the best is that they are flexible - in terms of pricing - price matching and willing to setup an OS template specific for my needs.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • worst was @pqhosting which has just scammed me

• @reddevil said:
    worst:
    Ramnode, my VPS with all the application running got initialized!, as though the VPS was just provisioned.
    NexusBytes, $48/yr, 2CPU, 2GB ram. A few months after using this, my VPS got suspended for using more than 20% of CPU. This wasn't in the T&C when I signed up but somehow got added.

Good:
    SpeedyKVM/Hivelocity, $7/mth, 2CPU 4GB RAM. Still using them after 7 years, cannot remember any downtime. Have not raised a ticket except during the first few days when I got my VPS. This reminds me to check if I still remember my login credentials to their client portal since I paid by automatic debit to my card.

reliableVPS.net. Zero downtime. <$50/year for 3CPU, 6GB. Found them here on LET.
    I cannot remember the exact price since I paid yearly. Had them for two and a half years.

Best:
    I had them for a year, 7950X CPU. Ticket responded within minutes. They were affected by reliablesite network outage a few weeks ago, otherwise no downtime. Their 50% BF is still on and I don't want to mention them here since they have LET prices but not on LET.
    Will be ordering new servers and upgrading existing ones before BF deal ends later this week. 7950X is unbeatable in terms of speed. I paid yearly to get further discount. I cannot find any deals here on LET than can match this in terms of price or spec.
    There was a flaky PSU affecting one of the VPS last week but it was fixed before I could raise a ticket. My Uptimerobot reported the outage on my phone.
    The number ONE reason I put them to be the best is that they are flexible - in terms of pricing - price matching and willing to setup an OS template specific for my needs.

Who is the best though 😀