Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was the absolute best and worst deals you got so far from any provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What was the absolute best and worst deals you got so far from any provider?

I think for me it has to be the VPS I got recently from a Halloween Bero Host offer discussed in another thread.

8 EPYC 7443P cores, 24 GB of RAM, 420 GB of NVME storage of just $10/mo or actually less, because they gave me 31% additional credit on my purchase so for the first 9 months this server costs me just 7 euros per month. Never seen anything like this apart from SSD Nodes, but the two are not comparable at all. The Bero Host VPS is very fast and works great. SSD nodes gives you that kind of specs only if you prepay for a long term and CPUs are shitty, very slow, they use memory ballooning etc etc. Bero Host has been a nice discovery and I hope they join LET soon. The only problems I've had with the service were with the control panel, but perhaps they were flooded by requests due to that exceptional offer.

Besides this specific case, Hetzner is the provider that has never stopped impressing me for the amount and quality of stuff you get at their prices. I think their AX41-NVME dedicated server is awesome at that price, and also in the auctions sometimes the offers are very good.

Another very good deal I got was for iDrive e2, 1 TB of storage for just $4 for the first year, and then $20 for the second year. I have never seen a better priced object storage service and it has worked great for me.

I am not sure of what I would classify as "worst deals" for me. I have had problems with various providers over time, but perhaps Contabo has been the shittiest for me. It's cheap, but the CPU steal is typically so bad that even that price seems too much for the value you get.

What about you?

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon

Comments

• Oh! I forgot the Budget KVM VPS from GreenCloud! That was awesome too. 4 cores, 8 GB of RAM and 60 GB of SSD, pretty decent server overall for just $45 per year. Never had any problems with it.

• Best: @c1vhosting, love you.
    Worst: @dustinc, fuck you.

• @davide said:
    Best: @c1vhosting, love you.

Can you give some details about the best and worst offers? What did you get and for what price?

• I got a cheap dedicated server from wholesaleinternet. I know stuff is cheap and super old their, but, its 16 threads and 64 gb ram for 35 bucks. Now I can't find something that good at this price point when I check site again.

Also, the deal from little creak today is good 8gb ram, 8 vcpu for 7 bucks. even if the ram doesn't get doubled its a good deal. network is ok and disk so far.

This place makes it hard not to waist your money.

• @hammer said:
    I got a cheap dedicated server from wholesaleinternet. I know stuff is cheap and super old their, but, its 16 threads and 64 gb ram for 35 bucks. Now I can't find something that good at this price point when I check site again.

That's not bad. What CPU? How much storage?

Also, the deal from little creak today is good 8gb ram, 8 vcpu for 7 bucks. even if the ram doesn't get doubled its a good deal. network is ok and disk so far.

I don't see offers from little creak today, link?

True :D

• @vitobotta - Rootpal with their shared hosting deal on AppSumo. One of my first hosting deals. The service started great then lots of downtime, then unanswered tickets then nothing. A total scam. I’m sure many people here saw/were tempted by or bought the offer. Big grrrrr!

• @vitobotta said:

@hammer said:
    I got a cheap dedicated server from wholesaleinternet. I know stuff is cheap and super old their, but, its 16 threads and 64 gb ram for 35 bucks. Now I can't find something that good at this price point when I check site again.

I don't see offers from little creak today, link?

True :D

Talking about this one deal.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189963/cant-wait-for-bf-double-ram-starting-at-3-50-kvm-nvme-storage-linux-and-windows#latest

• @hammer found it, looks good

• @meditatingsurgeon said:
    @vitobotta - Rootpal with their shared hosting deal on AppSumo. One of my first hosting deals. The service started great then lots of downtime, then unanswered tickets then nothing. A total scam. I’m sure many people here saw/were tempted by or bought the offer. Big grrrrr!

so under the worst category I guess :D

• 1.99€ / month online.net kidechire dedicated server (VIA Nano U2250 CPU, 2GB of RAM, 160gb)
    It may seem ridiculous today, but it was great in 2014 for the price. I've used it for many years

I miss you, my love.

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • @remy said:
    1.99€ / month online.net kidechire dedicated server (VIA Nano U2250 CPU, 2GB of RAM, 160gb)
    It may seem ridiculous today, but it was great in 2014 for the price. I've used it for many years

I miss you, my love.

Even in 2014 what could you do with that CPU? VPN?

• @davide said:
    Best: @c1vhosting, love you.

Thank you so much ;)

• remyremy Member
    edited November 2023

@vitobotta said:

@remy said:
    1.99€ / month online.net kidechire dedicated server (VIA Nano U2250 CPU, 2GB of RAM, 160gb)

I miss you, my love.

Even in 2014 what could you do with that CPU? VPN?

VPN / Static sites / Storage / Networking tools I developed (C / C++)
    For me, LET means servers for fun.
    This was my raspberry at the time. :)

• @vitobotta said:

@hammer said:

model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5520 @ 2.27GHz
    and the disk that I use is a 472gb SSD. Not anything to right home about. but ok so far for personal use.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

$1/year 1GB VPS from @hyperexpert

That was 3 years ago and I'm still renewing it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2023

I paid LittleCreek 15$/y for an 1G KVM on an old E5, consistent network issues, wasn't worth it.
    I paid @c1vhosting 9€/y, every time I open my mailbox and I find another c1vhosting maintenance announcement, It triggers my PTSD.

• @raindog308 said:

Is this still available? Haha but seriously message me if it is @hyperexpert

• BF 2022: 1G KVM, first year 5€, renew 15€/year (KTS24) B)

YABS

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Member
    edited November 2023

@Neoon said:
    I paid LittleCreek 15$/y for an 1G KVM on an old E5, consistent network issues, wasn't worth it.
    I paid @c1vhosting 9€/y, every time I open my mailbox and I find another c1vhosting maintenance announcement, It triggers my PTSD.

You know, we want to improve your experience.
    One, two, three maintenances now to avoid anyone for the next years… :) Staying updated and keeping updated hw.
    Oh, don’t open it tomorrow or on tuesday 🤣

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@huntercop said:

@raindog308 said:

It was a 2020 Black Friday offer.

Thanked by 1huntercop
  • The best so far,
    $100/3y 1010-UK from greencloudvps's birthday
    $18/y reseller hosting from hostbrr
    $18.99 Ivacy VPN lifetime

• Best : my.server-factory.com
    Never had to open a ticket and have been using them for 1+ year for production stuff. Great performance, price, uptime and overall stability.

8 dedicated vCores
    32 GB DDR4 Ram
    400 GB Storage Nvme
    19.80 EUR

Worst : Virmach
    Bought a yearly deal from them an year or 2 ago. Solusvm was a pain to work with, and performance was bad + constant issues. I didnt really use it for anything.

• VirMach $15.54 /yr

5 vCores Ryzen CPU
    6260MB RAM
    25GB Disk
    2560GB Transfer

luckily I'm not on a problematic node, no frequent downtime since activation. Just a 1x IP renumbering.

• @vitobotta said:
    I think for me it has to be the VPS I got recently from a Halloween Bero Host offer discussed in another thread.

8 EPYC 7443P cores, 24 GB of RAM, 420 GB of NVME storage of just $10/mo or actually less, because they gave me 31% additional credit on my purchase so for the first 9 months this server costs me just 7 euros per month. Never seen anything like this apart from SSD Nodes, but the two are not comparable at all. The Bero Host VPS is very fast and works great. SSD nodes gives you that kind of specs only if you prepay for a long term and CPUs are shitty, very slow, they use memory ballooning etc etc. Bero Host has been a nice discovery and I hope they join LET soon. The only problems I've had with the service were with the control panel, but perhaps they were flooded by requests due to that exceptional offer.

Besides this specific case, Hetzner is the provider that has never stopped impressing me for the amount and quality of stuff you get at their prices. I think their AX41-NVME dedicated server is awesome at that price, and also in the auctions sometimes the offers are very good.

Another very good deal I got was for iDrive e2, 1 TB of storage for just $4 for the first year, and then $20 for the second year. I have never seen a better priced object storage service and it has worked great for me.

I am not sure of what I would classify as "worst deals" for me. I have had problems with various providers over time, but perhaps Contabo has been the shittiest for me. It's cheap, but the CPU steal is typically so bad that even that price seems too much for the value you get.

What about you?

I remember bero offers 5 eur for 4c8g but was overselling like crazy ...
    This offer has a really crappy disk io.

• My best is still free tier of oracle cloud though people say that they delete and terminate accounts for no reason randomly

Thanked by 1Turbo_Pascal
  • CabbageCabbage Member
    edited November 2023

Best: Netcup, but that's not particularly unique. Worst is definitely that one MCPE server lifetime 'deal' I bought back when I was in middle school. I think it was 120 GBP for 20-player server. Thankfully (I guess?) they decided to deadpool. I filed a PayPal dispute, which I won and received 110 GBP back.

• @raindog308 said:

@huntercop said:

@raindog308 said:

It was a 2020 Black Friday offer.

Thanks. I was looking for this

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

4.5GB DDR4 RAM / 3 vCPU / 125GB SSD
    Windows RDP
    $19.68 / year
    Crunchbits

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited November 2023

GreenCloud 10th Birthday Sale Singapore

5 Cores AMD EPYC Milan
    10 GB RAM
    100 GB NVMe
    2 TB BW @ 10 Gbps

300 USD / 3 years
    roughly 8.3 USD / month

• Best Deal:

1C 1GB - 1TB HDD per 25$/YR
    Storage VPS from @SmartHost

It just works well, good network perf for that price.