Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which panel for VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

which panel for VPS?

Which do you all recommend for VPS? I'm deciding between cPanel and others.

Comments

• HestiaCP...

But it depends on what you need...

Thanked by 1TODO
  • Its already discussed for many times. Next time please do some google-fu before ask something.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3745135

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • @fazar said:
    Its already discussed for many times. Next time please do some google-fu before ask something.

obviously i did and nothing came up. i searched "cpanel recommendations".

• @eris said:
    HestiaCP...

what's good about this compared to cpanel?

• @fazar said:
    Its already discussed for many times. Next time please do some google-fu before ask something.

Why be so aggressive?

• @hennaboy said:

@fazar said:

Why be so aggressive?

please ignore him and continue our discussion.

• @pikachupokemon said:

@hennaboy said:

@fazar said:

Why be so aggressive?

What is your intended use?

• @fazar said:

you gave a wrong answer. i'm not looking for free but you gave me a discussion for free panel. You're the one who should be googling for the right answer before giving them here.

• @hennaboy said:

@pikachupokemon said:

@hennaboy said:

@fazar said:

Why be so aggressive?

server for sites using wordpress, nextjs, react, etc. and for reseller hosting

• fazarfazar Member
    edited October 2023

@pikachupokemon said:
    you gave a wrong answer. i'm not looking for free but you gave me a discussion for free panel. You're the one who should be googling for the right answer before giving them here.

Please dont misunderstand, I dont want to be aggressive or harsh. i just want to emphasized, this kind of topic already discussed for many time, here in LET.

• @pikachupokemon said:

@hennaboy said:

@pikachupokemon said:

@hennaboy said:

@fazar said:

Why be so aggressive?

server for sites using wordpress, nextjs, react, etc. and for reseller hosting

If you are going to be reselling Wordpress hosting then personally I would recommend

Directadmin with litespeed enterprise.

Directadmin will allow quick easy reselling.
    Litespeed enterprise as the web server which will also allow you to use the quic cloud service for Wordpress optimization.

Probably not the cheapest option and you could initially start with openlitespeed and then upgrade it to enterprise as you grow.

Or if you want low cost as possible then hestiacp

• Try out cPanel. It's not free but easy to use.

• There are many options, cPanel is probably a bad idea as they continue to raise prices over and over. Once you're in an ecosystem it's generally too much hassle to move all your accounts if the price goes up yet again,

DirectAdmin is a good option, they remain reasonably priced but again you are in thier hands should they decide to do a cPanel and start bumping up the prices. But for now at least it's the best option IMO.

many free options out there, some are overly complex and not user-friendly, some are easy but not all fully featured.

HestiaCP is simple and has some good features. but compared to DirectAdmin it's not as professional and more aimed at hobbyists, although it could be used for production I guess.

There are many other options though, if reselling I would probably stick to directadmin as it really is the best all round weighing up all the considerations.

Thanked by 1TODO
  • I think Enhance will add Node JS support by coming january. You can start with their wordpress option and then add node js later.

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • If you're planning on selling hosting, as you said, I'd go cPanel

• For reselling, DirectAdmin or cPanel.
    Hestia is good but does not support ipv6 so it is unusable.
    Cyberpanel has lots of features but has had some issues with bugs.

• How about aapanel

• For personal managed Cyberpanel is my no 1 choice.
    For reselling idk..im not a hosting expert

• CWP is my to go always, its free and if you want the pro version is like $15/year, support cPanel and directadmin migration, has nginx as well as WP and many scripts one click installer and the list goes on, cant beat this for the features and if you will resell i think you will use one of these web based billing which has it supported by most of them out of the box

• aapanel is free and useful for me.

• @mrKik0 said:
    CWP is my to go always, its free and if you want the pro version is like $15/year, support cPanel and directadmin migration, has nginx as well as WP and many scripts one click installer and the list goes on, cant beat this for the features and if you will resell i think you will use one of these web based billing which has it supported by most of them out of the box

is this centos or control web panel?

• @pikachupokemon said:

@mrKik0 said:
    CWP is my to go always, its free and if you want the pro version is like $15/year, support cPanel and directadmin migration, has nginx as well as WP and many scripts one click installer and the list goes on, cant beat this for the features and if you will resell i think you will use one of these web based billing which has it supported by most of them out of the box

is this centos or control web panel?

cwp used to be called centos web panel. Now renamed to control web panel (after centos changed to centos stream)

• Hi,

The best panel with my practical is a Plesk, if you don't have pay money for the panel, you can try HestiaCP or BrainyCP, not a bad panel.

• @pikachupokemon said:

@eris said:
    HestiaCP...

what's good about this compared to cpanel?

It is free
    Lightweight and Fast...
    Support for FastCGI Caching

And last but not least need to market my own software...

Thanked by 1badhon_raj
  • Try virtualmin also. Free

• @sreekanth850 said: I think Enhance will add Node JS support by coming january. You can start with their wordpress option and then add node js later.

@sreekanth850 - Enhance is quickly becoming one of my favourite panels!

• @meditatingsurgeon said:

@sreekanth850 said: I think Enhance will add Node JS support by coming january. You can start with their wordpress option and then add node js later.

I had a chit chat with their team and it seems they are heading to a good roadmap. As the nodeJS was not yet done, i didn't go for it but waiting for them to implement Node JS.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:

@sreekanth850 said: I think Enhance will add Node JS support by coming january. You can start with their wordpress option and then add node js later.

I had a chit chat with their team and it seems they are heading to a good roadmap. As the nodeJS was not yet done, i didn't go for it but waiting for them to implement Node JS.

their pricing is the same as directadmin.

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited November 2023

@pikachupokemon said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:

Difference is that enhance uses containers. And you can add as many servers and configure your customers to newly added servers. As its container based, you dont even need cpoudlinux or similar underlying solution. I dont know if direct admin work like this.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@pikachupokemon said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:

Difference is that enhance uses containers. And you can add as many servers and configure your customers to newly added servers. As its container based, you dont even need cpoudlinux or similar underlying solution. I dont know if direct admin work like this.

What does the use of containers make it better?

I read through the site. The panel looks promising