Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReVanced needs new servers :(
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReVanced needs new servers :(

Hello peeps. I hope everyone is doing great today!

For the past two years, ReVanced has hosted its services using the free tier at Oracle Cloud. Sadly, we've been facing peculiar network issues with IPv4 becoming unreachable and a large portion of our user base unable to use our manager because the API is down for them.

Therefore, we have decided to try and find a new infrastructure partner willing to host us for a fair price.

What do we have in mind?

Our current infrastructure depends on a single server, with our docker deployments being managed by a Portainer instance running on the same machine. We want to implement a more resilient architecture composed of the following:

1. One controller node running our Portainer instance and uptime monitoring
  2. One load balancer node
  3. At least two nodes to host our APIs and
  4. One node to run our Discord bot.

The requirements to run those are straightforward:

• All nodes should be able to run Docker
  • All nodes should be accessible via IPv4 and IPv6
  • All nodes should be in the same VLAN or VPC.

As for hardware specs:

Controller node
CPU: 2vCores
RAM: 4GB
Storage: 40GB
BW: ~50GB/month @ 1Gbps

Load balancer node
CPU: 4vCores
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 20GB
BW: ~200GB/month @ 1Gbps

Application nodes
BW: ~100GB/month @ 1Gbps

Discord bot node
CPU: 1vCore (can't be a puny one because OCR)
RAM: 1GB
Storage: 10GB
BW: ~10GB/month @ 1Gbps
OBS.: This node can be a NAT VPS, no problems :)

We are willing to talk about sponsorship or partnership if you think what we do is cool. Still, we are adamant about paying something to ensure that the services provided are stable and we can confidently ask for support whenever needed. If you want to discuss anything more privately, please join us @ https://revanced.app/discord and ping me (@afterSt0rm), but I will also be here to answer any questions regarding this issue.

I appreciate any help you can provide. I'm very grateful for how supportive this community has been during the many years I've been here. Big hugs!

Comments

• Any prefered location or budget?

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • Nothing to offer you but just wanted to say how awesome the project is. Magisk and Vanced are like peanut butter and jelly.

• Which region of OCI do you use? I'm in Amsterdam and no problems via IPv4 and IPv6. I have an ARM instance with the maximum of free tier resources.

This project is avesome. I hoppe you can find a good solution.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • @MannDude I think you could be interested in partnership with Revanced.

• I personally think you are overcomplicating it, but whatever.

@AXYZE said: I think you could be interested in partnership with Revanced.

@crunchbits too

• afterSt0rmafterSt0rm Member
    edited October 2023

@ascicode said:
    Any prefered location or budget?

EU. The budget depends on the offer, but that sounds like ~30 EUR/month if we don't come to any specific arrangement, considering the prices I've seen floating around in the Offers section.

@sillycat said:
    I personally think you are overcomplicating it, but whatever.

@AXYZE said: I think you could be interested in partnership with Revanced.

@crunchbits too

I am about to be a dad and the one responsible for the Infra, and I'd rather overcomplicate it and have the infra heal itself than make things really simple and be in pain with 300 pings while the baby cries at night :trollface:

@adns said:
    Which region of OCI do you use? I'm in Amsterdam and no problems via IPv4 and IPv6. I have an ARM instance with the maximum of free tier resources.

This project is avesome. I hoppe you can find a good solution.

We are on Germany, but I've faced a similar issue on A1 here in the Brazilian region as well.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • with an intelligent selection and individual offers from 2 providers, you should be able to get by with ~15 euros per month for these 4 vps. @ehab can you help here? ;)

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

We are happy to help out! I have sent a dm :)

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • I suggest to save some alternatives for the urgent fix.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2023

@afterSt0rm said:

For the past two years, ReVanced has hosted its services using the free tier at Oracle Cloud. Sadly, we've been facing peculiar network issues with IPv4 becoming unreachable and a large portion of our user base unable to use our manager because the API is down for them.

Therefore, we have decided to try and find a new infrastructure partner willing to host us for a fair price.

What do we have in mind?

Our current infrastructure depends on a single server, with our docker deployments being managed by a Portainer instance running on the same machine. We want to implement a more resilient architecture composed of the following:

As for hardware specs:

Controller node

Load balancer node

Application nodes

Discord bot node

We are willing to talk about sponsorship or partnership if you think what we do is cool. Still, we are adamant about paying something to ensure that the services provided are stable and we can confidently ask for support whenever needed. If you want to discuss anything more privately, please join us @ https://revanced.app/discord and ping me (@afterSt0rm), but I will also be here to answer any questions regarding this issue.

I appreciate any help you can provide. I'm very grateful for how supportive this community has been during the many years I've been here. Big hugs!

Will be happy to have you in the Netherlands, as it sounds like that may be the location you'd prefer.

Here are some speedtest results from a 4GB container in our Netherlands location, you'll see great ping and speeds to all of the EU:

Regional Speedtest: https://result.network-speed.xyz/r/1698478566_M72U7R_EU.txt
    Global Speedtest: https://result.network-speed.xyz/r/1698479543_I4QAUC_GLOBAL.txt

All plans are powered by AMD Epyc CPUs and come with 5Gbps connectivity. We can do custom plans if needed and spread VMs out across various nodes in the location as well, if needed.

There will always be someone cheaper, but our network in the Netherlands is pretty great.

EDIT:

We also have a US location (Liberty Lake, Washington. Part of Spokane metro) and a US east coast location becoming available soon (Allentown, Pennsylvania) if these interest you.

Liberty Lake, Washington location:
    Regional Speedtest: https://result.network-speed.xyz/r/1698477583_J0S6JZ_NA.txt
    Global Speedtest: https://result.network-speed.xyz/r/1698480629_HCQVAH_GLOBAL.txt

EDIT 2:

Should be noted that we do sponsor a number of noteworthy projects or give steep discount to established and worthwhile projects, of which this would certainly qualify. :)

• @Francisco This is something that might interest you.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited October 2023

Why do you not use Hetzner cloud ? It will be easy te setup and control from your point, you can choose from Germany, Finland and USA location 10gbit 20TB bandwidth per node. Everything in total wil cost you 28.09 ex vat in total / per month.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

This would work great on buyvm :) if you want multiple load balancers sharing the same ip then you can do bgp ecmp and share the ip over as many front ends as you want.

Francisco

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2023

@afterSt0rm said: Controller node

Hi,

I can help you with one of those free for 6 months in Romania. Would be 10 EUR/mo afterwards.
    If you're interested, DM me.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • AWS free tier offers 2Cores 2GB RAM and 100GB BW.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @afterSt0rm check you PMs , thanks!

Regards

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • Bit of a technical question - have you considered running docker swarm? You could then run whatever services on whatever nodes you wish and it load balances by itself already

Good luck on getting providers! Revanced rocks.

Thanked by 2sillycat afterSt0rm
  • @WhiteRoseG said:
    Why do you not use Hetzner cloud ? It will be easy te setup and control from your point, you can choose from Germany, Finland and USA location 10gbit 20TB bandwidth per node. Everything in total wil cost you 28.09 ex vat in total / per month.

Fast DMCA can occur the service to be blocked earlier by hetzner.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • Hm, so reVanced works like a proxy for YT premium? I use revanced everyday. It is a true time saver from all those pesky ads.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • I cannot help but just want to say the project is awesome; keep doing it.
    I see some providers raise their hands now. I hope any in this IdleServersClub will join this.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • @Calin said:
    Hello @afterSt0rm check you PMs , thanks!

Regards

Please no

• The api is up and running.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • @afterSt0rm said:

What do we have in mind?

As for hardware specs:

Controller node

Load balancer node

Application nodes

Discord bot node

DM please :)
    We want to help you.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • Please, DO NOT engage bottom feeder providers... Do not run revanced servers from basement or closet hosting. Also, those who turn off server for weekend to save electricity also should not qualify.

• @ascicode said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

I don't understand what you mean ?

• Wow..I'm a big fan of yours.
    Have you consider giving a try to AWS Free Credit ($1350 for 2 years)?.

I used AWS for 3 years totally free now. Some websites are quite big. I move on to new account and deploy my server when time or free credit finished 😃

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

Hello,

Please contact us through Telegram Livechat or Livechat or ticket in our website.
    Explain all your details and what you do and what you will do.

Maybe we can make a partnership and help you. The main issue probably can be the port speed.
    https://alexhost.com/vps/

We can look something that switch good for both sides.

Contact us through telegram livechat (@alexhost_on or livechat (is recommended telegram or ticket for better communication)

Telegram: @alexhost_on drop your message :)

We will be waiting for your contact.
    Alexhost

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • @WhiteRoseG said:

@ascicode said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

I don't understand what you mean ?

Hetzner corrresponding to not host illegal activities on their servers.
    If you know google, you can get into trouble and hetzner will take the service down immediatly without any reason. Thats why i wrote about DMCA, because google has open ears to everything that comes in loss of money.

• whoops

• I have no words to thank him; he is doing a great job