Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My server is terminated by HXservers for no reason.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My server is terminated by HXservers for no reason.

iqmuchiqmuch Member
edited October 2023 in Reviews

Guys, I ordered service from HXserver when they came to this forum at the end of September. I have set up a simple WordPress website on their server. I pay monthly, no abuse and no overuse on their machines. but today I received an email from them saying they terminated my service for no reason. (just a simple WordPress website on their server and this website is just a draft with no content)

HXservers is a new company, they promoted their business when they came to this forum as a new game player, I just want to support their business, but they have zero honesty in business, and they take zero serious on their customers. Yet their server is also not as good as they said.

Although the money I spent on them is a very small amount, their attitude is a piece of junk. I will never trust them again and I share my bad experience with you guys, if you choose them, be careful. HXsevers is not an integrity company.

Thanked by 1Izax

Comments

• this looks bad. I also didn't like that they changed their prices right in the middle of an ongoing promo. Like, make your promo shorter or put some limits, but changing the base price? imho it's a bad look to allow this as well

Thanked by 1amaeva080
  • @bermudi said:
    this looks bad. I also didn't like that they changed their prices right in the middle of an ongoing promo. Like, make your promo shorter or put some limits, but changing the base price? imho it's a bad look to allow this as well

btw shout out to the mods, I'm still waiting for an answer on that flag...

• @bermudi said:
    this looks bad. I also didn't like that they changed their prices right in the middle of an ongoing promo. Like, make your promo shorter or put some limits, but changing the base price? imho it's a bad look to allow this as well

They deleted my VPS without any email for no reason. fortunately, I don't have important data on their server. People should avoid this liar company.

• For all users affected by this change, please open a ticket with us.

We did not dispatch emails to our customers warning them of this change. We had intended to send a mass email campaign through our billing portal, yet - emails were not sent, nor were they checked before the system started its automatic cycle of refunds and terminations.

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication.

Here's what we will do. For any customer who was affected by this, open a ticket. We will recreate a new VPS for you, with the first month being free.

EDIT - While maintaining the same price you originally had.

Thank you,
    HXServers

• @bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

I am afraid there will be no answers or some meaningless excuse. I just have a simple WordPress site on their server. No abuse and no nothing.

• @iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

I am afraid there will be no answers or some meaningless excuse. I just have a simple WordPress site on their server. No abuse and no nothing.

Same.

My client had two charity sites: One fundraising for march of dimes and one fundraising for DAV (Disabled American Veterans)

They don't care.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

Same.

My client had two charity sites: One fundraising for march of dimes and one fundraising for DAV (Disabled American Veterans)

They don't care.

My server has been almost always idle and has also been deleted. Their only notification is to post an announcement on their own website and delete it directly without any other notifications.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

Same.

They don't care.

HXServers said they will give me 1 month for free, but I don't give a shit. I prefer leaving. Reputation once has been ruined, it's difficult to restore. Who can guarantee they won't delete everything again?

Thanked by 1Marx
  • @iqmuch said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

Same.

They don't care.

HXServers said they will give me 1 month for free, but I don't give a shit. I prefer leaving. Reputation once has been ruined, it's difficult to restore. Who can guarantee they won't delete everything again?

We understand your point. Just to be clear though, we did make an announcement, customers just didn't read it. In the future, we will do a much better job ensuring our customers are aware of what we're announcing.

• @iqmuch said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

Same.

They don't care.

Nope, you're a smart guy. If it was handled differently, I'd have given them the benefit of the doubt but the handling of all of this is a a total shit show.

• @hxservers said: announcement

Do you mean that the customers are obliged to check your change on your website everyday rather than you make sure it reaches everyone that need to be made aware?

• @nullnull said:

@hxservers said: announcement

Do you mean that the customers are obliged to check your change on your website everyday rather than you make sure it reaches everyone that need to be made aware?

As previously stated above, we meant to send notifications to customers with the link to the announcement. The email server failed to send the notification.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

Same.

They don't care.

Nope, you're a smart guy. If it was handled differently, I'd have given them the benefit of the doubt but the handling of all of this is a a total shit show.

@hxservers said:

@iqmuch said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

Same.

They don't care.

We understand your point. Just to be clear though, we did make an announcement, customers just didn't read it. In the future, we will do a much better job ensuring our customers are aware of what we're announcing.

You should inform your customers by email. Not everyone goes to visit your homepage after the server has been set up, so this announcement can't be read by everyone.
    At least you take positive action to fix the problem. hope you improve your service in future.

Thanked by 1hxservers
  • nullnullnullnull Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said: customers just didn't read it

Then no such attitude.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:

@iqmuch said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

Same.

They don't care.

Here's what they said in another post folks

Originally that announcement did not include Dallas at all. However, by October 16th, we added Dallas to the announcement as our forecast of sales did not meet our expectations for a new launch location. I hope this clears it up for you. As per our Terms of Service, we may modify, or change any announcement at any time, without prior notice. Additionally, our Terms of Service clearly states where announcements can be read.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189072/hxservers-cheap-us-vps-hosting-8gb-ddr5-ram-7-50-mo-50-off-halloween-sale/p9

See the thing is folks, if you look at the announcement it was supposedly posted on "October 1st"

https://support.hxservers.com/announcements

But see, they didn't launch their Dallas location until October 13th...

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3734517/#Comment_3734517

So, logical people of the world, why would they be debuting a new location on the 13th but know they're shutting down their debut location on October 1st, 12 days before it even launches? The "announcement" wasn't there until tonight (prove me wrong - it's even been updated multiple times tonight alone with no signs of showing it being updated/edited) and even if it had been there - why did they handle it as terribly as they did?

I don't know what the hell happened, but @hxservers - you guys are full of shit and none of this is adding up at all.

EDIT:

Their announcement page looks infinitely different than it did before all the attention they garnered. HXServers is RETCON'ing all of their shit.

• @nullnull said:

Its real purpose is to clean up the previous promotional crowd.This host has no credibility at all. When it first started the promotion, it directly raised the price from $2 to $3 per month. Now it seems that it doesn't make any money at $3 per month, so it deliberately announces on its website that it will delete the previous promotion without notifying almost everyone.This kind of bad behavior really refreshes the bottom line of all host providers.I strongly recommend that the forum blacklist this host provider and permanently ban it from promoting on this forum. This is a professional cheater, not a host provider.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@iqmuch said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@iqmuch said:

@bermudi said:

@bermudi said:

Same.

They don't care.

Here's what they said in another post folks

Originally that announcement did not include Dallas at all. However, by October 16th, we added Dallas to the announcement as our forecast of sales did not meet our expectations for a new launch location. I hope this clears it up for you. As per our Terms of Service, we may modify, or change any announcement at any time, without prior notice. Additionally, our Terms of Service clearly states where announcements can be read.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189072/hxservers-cheap-us-vps-hosting-8gb-ddr5-ram-7-50-mo-50-off-halloween-sale/p9

See the thing is folks, if you look at the announcement it was supposedly posted on "October 1st"

https://support.hxservers.com/announcements

But see, they didn't launch their Dallas location until October 13th...

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3734517/#Comment_3734517

So, logical people of the world, why would they be debuting a new location on the 13th but know they're shutting down their debut location on October 1st, 12 days before it even launches? The "announcement" wasn't there until tonight (prove me wrong - it's even been updated multiple times tonight alone with no signs of showing it being updated/edited) and even if it had been there - why did they handle it as terribly as they did?

I don't know what the hell happened, but @hxservers - you guys are full of shit and none of this is adding up at all.

Ok, now you're lying. We really don't appreciate it. We understand your upset, but this is incorrect, as we've explained to you before. And now you're fabricating things.

The announcement was made October 1st. The announcement was modified to include Dallas on October 16th. You claim we've modified this announcement "multiple times" just tonight? This is incorrect, the announcement was published October 1st, and edited October 16th to include verbiage about Dallas.

Multiple mistakes was made by HXServers, don't get me wrong. We meant to send emails to customers with the announcement link. Typically, this is a bullet proof strategy of our Billing Portal - A very "set and forget" function that has always worked. Until it didn't. We didn't check in on the email campaign being sent successfully. To our horror (and our frustration!) the emails were not sent at all. Services were terminated and refunded per the schedule without emails being sent on October 1st, and again on October 16th.

Additionally to clear this up, nothing is going wrong with our providers and our relationship to datacenters. Discontinuing locations was entirely our decision.

What we've done as a response:

Not only have we refunded all customers affected, we've also promised a month free of VPS service, and their first bill will match their previous bill (which, is a huge discount, as our prices have increased) and their hardware specs will also match (which isn't even offered any longer).
    Thank you.

• @ptervip said:

@nullnull said:

Its real purpose is to clean up the previous promotional crowd.This host has no credibility at all. When it first started the promotion, it directly raised the price from $2 to $3 per month. Now it seems that it doesn't make any money at $3 per month, so it deliberately announces on its website that it will delete the previous promotion without notifying almost everyone.This kind of bad behavior really refreshes the bottom line of all host providers.I strongly recommend that the forum blacklist this host provider and permanently ban it from promoting on this forum. This is a professional cheater, not a host provider.

This is entirely, inaccurate. We have no desire to force early adopters to a pricier plan. We raised our prices because we had to. We still have plans for less than $3 / month so your thought process here is flawed?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:
    The announcement was made October 1st. The announcement was modified to include Dallas on October 16th. You claim we've modified this announcement "multiple times" just tonight? This is incorrect, the announcement was published October 1st, and edited October 16th to include verbiage about Dallas.

That's funny. If you look at Google's webpage archive, the announcement wasn't even posted yesterday. I don't know man, it starts to smell.

Web archive link of Google's archive (look at Google's timestamp):

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@FAT32 said:

@hxservers said:

That's funny. If you look at Google's webpage archive, the announcement wasn't even posted yesterday. I don't know man, it starts to smell.

Web archive link of Google's archive (look at Google's timestamp):

THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THIS!

RETCON'D just like I was saying!!!! I started archiving when I saw that announcement get posted and edited twice tonight alone.

Here's what I got archived after the fact - https://archive.is/YWtZc https://archive.is/R43Mk - I was waiting for the guy to change it again to call him out on it, but this is exactly what I was trying to prove - that "announcement" absolutely did not exist until today and is being edited as we go along.

THANK YOU @FAT32

In case anyone missed what @hxservers had said..

@hxservers said:

Here you go folks, straight from the horse's mouth.

Look at the google cache link.

OCTOBER 4th, 3 days after this announcement was supposedly made. Guess what folks? No announcement...BECAUSE IT DIDN'T EXIST UNTIL TONIGHT!

• lol

• So this is quite embarrassing. After investigation, an employee who was assigned to post that announcement article forgot to check the box "Published" in our WHMCS system. It was later discovered through logs, that the assigned employee tried to cover their tracks and checked the Published box today. The disappointment is real today. We're down to one staff member (me).

• @hxservers said:
    So this is quite embarrassing. After investigation, an employee who was assigned to post that announcement article forgot to check the box "Published" in our WHMCS system. It was later discovered through logs, that the assigned employee tried to cover their tracks and checked the Published box today. The disappointment is real today. We're down to one staff member (me).

lol

• Maybe they just want to drive away those who subscribed to the early "too cheap" plans because it doesn't cover their costs

• @gritty said:
    Maybe they just want to drive away those who subscribed to the early "too cheap" plans because it doesn't cover their costs

No, this has nothing to do with our recent actions. We wanted to get clients off of our legacy platform because it was costing us way too much money to rent IPs from our server providers. Our new platform we lease IP Blocks from IPXO, so its a fraction of the cost. As previously stated however, any customer affected by this will get a free 1 month VPS with the renewal the same as what it was originally.

• @hxservers said:
    So this is quite embarrassing. After investigation, an employee who was assigned to post that announcement article forgot to check the box "Published" in our WHMCS system. It was later discovered through logs, that the assigned employee tried to cover their tracks and checked the Published box today. The disappointment is real today. We're down to one staff member (me).

Lmaoo

• @hxservers said:

You know what else is embarassing?

Calling a client a liar after losing their data and then realizing that you could have saved your a shred of your company's reputation just by looking at the logs and subsequently apologizing for everything instead of making up more excuses.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

You know what else is embarassing?

Calling a client a liar after losing their data and then realizing that you could have saved your a shred of your company's reputation just by looking at the logs and subsequently apologizing for everything instead of making up more excuses.

This. 100000% agree with you.

I apologize.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • iqmuchiqmuch Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:

@gritty said:
    Maybe they just want to drive away those who subscribed to the early "too cheap" plans because it doesn't cover their costs

No, this has nothing to do with our recent actions. We wanted to get clients off of our legacy platform because it was costing us way too much money to rent IPs from our server providers. Our new platform we lease IP Blocks from IPXO, so its a fraction of the cost. As previously stated however, any customer affected by this will get a free 1 month VPS with the renewal the same as what it was originally.

At least you refunded me although it's small money. At this point, I should give you some credit, no more. hope you good luck in business.

Thanked by 1hxservers