Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBrr | KVM Ryzen Deals | 4 vCore - 8GB RAM - 125 GB NVMe - Unmetered Bandwidth - €8 month! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBrr | KVM Ryzen Deals | 4 vCore - 8GB RAM - 125 GB NVMe - Unmetered Bandwidth - €8 month!

Comments

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@fluffernutter said:

@labze said:

It is no secret I am reselling Hetzner servers.

why do you always crop out the YABS ASN info on all your posts then?

Good question.

I'll just start including it, but it does not change the fact that pretty much all my offer threads include the information that it is Hetzner servers. Either information provided by me or by users stating it.

• POSTiGAPOSTiGA Member
    edited October 2023

Hello great offer

Invoice #: 13597

@POSTiGA said:
    Hello great offer

Invoice #: 13597

Upgrades applied :)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2023

@labze said:
    (a)(b) ... You are free to examine our network usage and calculate the confidence interval in which you with certainty can say x Mbps will be available.

(emphasis mine)

Nice try, but that's not what I asked for.

@labze said:

@jsg said:

Maybe I am looking at this entirely wrong, so maybe I could learn a thing or two on how they handle it.

These servers however do not offer unmetered bandwidth and how this will affect bandwidth consumption on this offer I do not know.

I don't care for unmetered which is yet another story anyway.

But it is very much relevant to the question you are asking. I've offered unmetered for less than a week, I do not know how you would expect me to reasonably predict client usage patterns?

Let me help out although I'm not a provider. Unmetered traffic & (too) low bandwidth & predictable client usage patterns don't go together well. So, to provide both, a high probability, say > 90% of all users having a reasonable bandwidth at all times -and- unmetered traffic should be based on a node with reasonable bandwidth and some automated monitoring plus limiting to avoid excessive use, in your case 48 x (0.25 to 0.33) x 500 Mb/s, i.e. a 10 Gb/ port + automated monitoring plus limiting.
    If you have that in place, what's the problem providing say 250 Mb/s min. with 90+% probability (over time)? If you do not have that in place you might want to rethink your approach.

But anyway, sorry, I'm not interested anymore (if I wanted Hetzner I'd buy Hetzner and I am interested in a reasonable (almost) always available bandwidth) but I again wish you good sales and a nice weekend.

edited October 2023

@jsg said:

@labze said:
    (a)(b) ... You are free to examine our network usage and calculate the confidence interval in which you with certainty can say x Mbps will be available.

(emphasis mine)

Nice try, but that's not what I asked for.

@labze said:

@jsg said:

Maybe I am looking at this entirely wrong, so maybe I could learn a thing or two on how they handle it.

These servers however do not offer unmetered bandwidth and how this will affect bandwidth consumption on this offer I do not know.

I don't care for unmetered which is yet another story anyway.

But it is very much relevant to the question you are asking. I've offered unmetered for less than a week, I do not know how you would expect me to reasonably predict client usage patterns?

Let me help out although I'm not a provider. Unmetered traffic & (too) low bandwidth & predictable client usage patterns don't go together well. So, to provide both, a high probability, say > 90% of all users having a reasonable bandwidth at all times -and- unmetered traffic should be based on a node with reasonable bandwidth and some automated monitoring plus limiting to avoid excessive use, in your case 48 x (0.25 to 0.33) x 500 Mb/s, i.e. a 10 Gb/ port + automated monitoring plus limiting.
    If you have that in place, what's the problem providing say 250 Mb/s min. with 90+% probability (over time)? If you do not have that in place you might want to rethink your approach.

This is such a weird take. I can't even. If I have that in place? You know I don't. Nor do the majority of providers. So that is clearly the problem with giving you a bandwidth guarantee. Virtfusion does not support bandwidth automation, so that is clearly another problem me and a large part of providers are running into. And I don't know if you've noticed it, but lots of providers in general and on here still use Intel Xeon E-xxxx processors on a 256 GB node with a shared 1 Gbps connection. It's still quite normal practice and in most cases does not lead to any problems.

I just cannot fathom why you want me to make up some arbitary number - I mean, it could be a compliment that you would trust my word that much - but the data is right there on our status page. Why would you disregard factual and unmanipulated data in turn for me just saying "Oh I guarantee 500 Mbps", when the 6 month historical data clearly shows that around 800 Mbps is available at all times?

Even Hetzner does not guarantee minimum bandwidth available. I've experienced that first hand where I couldn't exceed 100 Mbps for over 48 hours due to usage congestion.

You're clearly trying to create a non-existent problem, one that I would very much like to address if bandwidth congestion ever becomes a issue on a service I provide. Until then, I am not bothered with these hypotheticals anymore.

Thanks for the interaction and good luck finding the service you need :)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2023

@labze said:
    ... And I don't know if you've noticed it, but lots of providers in general and on here still use Intel Xeon E-xxxx processors on a 256 GB node with a shared 1 Gbps connection. It's still quite normal practice and in most cases does not lead to any problems.

Yep, I have a couple of those and am OK with it. Cost: typically between less than $10 and $20 per YEAR

You're clearly trying to create a non-existent problem, one that I would very much like to address if bandwidth congestion ever becomes a issue on a service I provide. Until then, I am not bothered with these hypotheticals anymore.

When I pay €50 to €60 per year I want to know what bandwidth is available 95+% of the time, simple as that. You may consider that 'hypothetical*, I do not. And, friendly hint: it might turn out to be smart if a provider doesn't fight off tooth and nails (potential) customer's concerns as hypothetical and irrelevant.

Thanks for the interaction and good luck finding the service you need :)

Thank you, actually I already have found quite a bunch of VPS which I'm satisfied with.

edited October 2023

@jsg said:

@labze said:
    ... And I don't know if you've noticed it, but lots of providers in general and on here

When I pay €50 to €60 per year I want to know what bandwidth is available 95+% of the time, simple as that. You may consider that 'hypothetical*, I do not. And, friendly hint: it might turn out to be smart if a provider doesn't fight off tooth and nails (potential) customer's concerns as hypothetical and irrelevant.

I am not fighting. I am simply being honest. I would rather lose a customer by being honest than gaining a customer by making a false claim.

I am yet to see any provider here make the claim that you are demanding, at any price point, but otherwise the market is filled with unethical providers so I am sure it is to be found somewhere.

• Can you manage to give me 1core(atleast 50%) + 2gb ram + 10gb NVMe server for personal blog in an unbeatable cheap price 😁. I have never deploy EU server as all my cliets are also in my local Asia.

• Invoice number #13622
    Thank you!

• Invoice #13630

@voom said:
    Invoice number #13622
    Thank you!

@hozan said:
    Invoice #13630

Upgrades applied!

Germany location is now out of stock. Finland still available.

@Fabian47 said:
    Can you manage to give me 1core(atleast 50%) + 2gb ram + 10gb NVMe server for personal blog in an unbeatable cheap price 😁. I have never deploy EU server as all my cliets are also in my local Asia.

Unfortunately I cannot do any low-spec at unbeatable price due to my IPv4 pricing. If you just need to host a personal blog, then I could suggest looking at our DirectAdmin plans which are very powerful :) Available in EU, USA and Singapore

• @labze said:

@voom said:
    Invoice number #13622
    Thank you!

@hozan said:
    Invoice #13630

Upgrades applied!

@Fabian47 said:
    Can you manage to give me 1core(atleast 50%) + 2gb ram + 10gb NVMe server for personal blog in an unbeatable cheap price 😁. I have never deploy EU server as all my cliets are also in my local Asia.

Unfortunately I cannot do any low-spec at unbeatable price due to my IPv4 pricing. If you just need to host a personal blog, then I could suggest looking at our DirectAdmin plans which are very powerful :) Available in EU, USA and Singapore

Did you mentioned Singapore?

@nyamenk said:

@labze said:

@voom said:
    Invoice number #13622
    Thank you!

@hozan said:
    Invoice #13630

Upgrades applied!

@Fabian47 said:

Yes :)

https://my.hostbrr.com/order/main/index/directadmin

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • @labze said:

@nyamenk said:

@labze said:

@voom said:
    Invoice number #13622
    Thank you!

@hozan said:
    Invoice #13630

Upgrades applied!

@Fabian47 said:

Node specifications on Singapore?

edited October 2023

@nyamenk said:

@labze said:

@nyamenk said:

@labze said:

@voom said:
    Invoice number #13622
    Thank you!

@hozan said:
    Invoice #13630

Upgrades applied!

@Fabian47 said:

AMD Ryzen 9 7900, DDR5 ECC RAM, NVMe Gen4 SSD, 1 Gbps uplink. Pretty much same as the USA node, aka top notch performance :)

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • Invoice #: 13635 - thanks!

• @labze said:

@nyamenk said:

@labze said:

@nyamenk said:

@labze said:

@voom said:
    Invoice number #13622
    Thank you!

@hozan said:
    Invoice #13630

Upgrades applied!

@Fabian47 said:

AMD Ryzen 9 7900, DDR5 ECC RAM, NVMe Gen4 SSD, 1 Gbps uplink. Pretty much same as the USA node, aka top notch performance :)

Aye <3

• Invoice #13645

Thank you.

@stab said:
    Invoice #: 13635 - thanks!

@gemini90 said:
    Invoice #13645

Thank you.

Upgrades applied - remember to reboot from VPS Control Panel to get the extra core.

A single slot on the german server is available again.

Germany out of stock, Finland drying up

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • Vouch for @labze! Best new host on LET.

• invoice: 13745

• Not sure if this applies to the 12GB RAM Finland package, but in hopes it does - Invoice Number 13746

Many thanks :)

@Merakith said:
    Vouch for @labze! Best new host on LET.

@Jojoadvan said:
    invoice: 13745

@trmg91 said:
    Not sure if this applies to the 12GB RAM Finland package, but in hopes it does - Invoice Number 13746

Many thanks :)

It sure does. Upgrades applied :)

Thanked by 1icry
  • Are you reselling Hetzner? Do you have looking glass or test IP's?

@TheGreatOakley said:
    Are you reselling Hetzner? Do you have looking glass or test IP's?

Yes.
    95.217.195.229 Finland
    168.119.209.107 Germany

edited October 2023

Restock Alert

For this Halloweekend our new AMD Ryzen 3900 packages in Germany are dressing up as Intel I9-12900K, but they won't only trick, they'll also treat with awesome performance to boot and same awesome performance and upgrades are available from the initial offer:

Grab one while it's available!

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor  : 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 3187.200 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.7 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 124.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-9-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : Hetzner
    ASN        : AS24940 Hetzner Online GmbH
    Host       : audius GmbH
    Location   : Falkenstein, Saxony (SN)
    Country    : Germany

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 785.29 MB/s (196.3k) | 5.05 GB/s    (78.9k)
    Write      | 787.37 MB/s (196.8k) | 5.07 GB/s    (79.3k)
    Total      | 1.57 GB/s   (393.1k) | 10.13 GB/s  (158.2k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 3.60 GB/s     (7.0k) | 3.48 GB/s     (3.3k)
    Write      | 3.79 GB/s     (7.4k) | 3.71 GB/s     (3.6k)
    Total      | 7.39 GB/s    (14.4k) | 7.19 GB/s     (7.0k)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 2226                          
    Multi Core      | 7054                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/21885191

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 3011                          
    Multi Core      | 8799                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3281298

Order here

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • Invoice: #13806

• xmmxmm Member

If I buy i9-12900k, a 3-core server, how many extra cores will it cost?

• Can I install windows server?