Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New features from HostHatch in 2023 - feedback requested - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New features from HostHatch in 2023 - feedback requested

13»

Comments

• @davide said:

@JabJab said:
    I don't see anything that wrong here.

It's all in the verbiage... look carefully at the verbiage!

That message sounds like you are rightfully opting out of some capitalistic miscarriage and an undue appropriation of money by a mischievous referrer. But under that cautionary verbiage, what actually happens is that THEY keep the money!

I thought about this too, it really does seem like a way to do some cutting of those commissions.

• 'Nuf said! I don't want to undermine my precarious, sick, moribund relation with HostHatch!

Instead I'll politely wait to be flushed down the toiled by @hosthatch as soon as he answers :D

Thanked by 1emgh
  • There are many sites that try to get referrer commission by opening pages in hidden frames or images that are invisible, etc, so that next time someone visits the site they still get the affiliate commission even if they went organically via a non-affiliate link. I wouldn't put it past some of the scummier hosting forums or comparison sites to do this.

Also, the other side of this is that the more profit HH make, the cheaper they can afford to keep their prices next renewal time.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2023

@JabJab said:

@emgh said: Nope, I was logged out. That’s all I see

Already banned :D

I don't see anything that wrong here.

No, but if I was referring someone, I'd be pissed. The purpose is suspect (as in, there is no good reason to do this. This isn't bait and switch prevention). I'm not aware of ANYONE else doing this, in any service.

If they were really trying to prevent some sort of abuse, there would be a reporting system instead of silently keeping money earned through the referral commission (the money is earned and not paid is scammy). I guess the terms of the reseller program is that you MUST inform the person it is a referral link, otherwise HH is overreaching and likely breaching some sort of law.

Edit: I just logged into my HH account and got my referral link without having to accept any terms that allows HostHatch to not pay out the referrals. This will need some lawyer explanation as to how this isn't fraud.

In real life, if you had a deal to be paid a commission for customers that purchased stuff and then said to the customer "you don't need to" so that the commission isn't paid, there would be lawyers involved.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Hi. the snapshot backup. how long time does it take. says 5.2 GB image. snaphot restoring on a different server larger.

seems in a 4 ever loop. ehat u recommend ?