Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New features from HostHatch in 2023 - feedback requested - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New features from HostHatch in 2023 - feedback requested

Comments

• Has anyone else successfully got a snapshot made?

Has been > 24 hours since I have clicked the button. Thus, assuming leaving the page would stop the snapshot, stayed on the page for 4-6 hours and still didn't get a snapshot complete.

• @caracal said:
    Has anyone else successfully got a snapshot made?

Has been > 24 hours since I have clicked the button. Thus, assuming leaving the page would stop the snapshot, stayed on the page for 4-6 hours and still didn't get a snapshot complete.

It's almost instantly for me with a 55GB node in Sweden. I think there is no need to keep the page open, just refresh it for progress.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @hades_corps said:

@caracal said:
    Has anyone else successfully got a snapshot made?

It's almost instantly for me with a 55GB node in Sweden. I think there is no need to keep the page open, just refresh it for progress.

I don't see a progress bar either. Is this a thing worth to ticket or would posting it here suffice? @hosthatch

CleanShot 2023-10-18 at 19.56.50@2x

• It is recommended that the snapshot can be downloaded in qcow2 format to facilitate my migration to other nvme nodes! As for downloading, you can provide a temporary storage address, say 1-3 days

• @hades_corps said:
    @hosthatch First of all, I love that the snapshot is being rolled out.

Can you take a look at how the timestamp of snapshot is created? I have a server in Sweden but timezone is set to +X hour ahead. Right after a snap is created, it says snapshot is created X hours ago.

That is a common issue on several places in their panel.
    It's the same with tickets, if you write a ticket it instantly says "created 6 hours ago" or something like that. Seems like their panel does not handle timezones at all.

• hourly billing for old & loyalty customer

• @rcy026 said: It's the same with tickets, if you write a ticket it instantly says "created 6 hours ago" or something like that. Seems like their panel does not handle timezones at all.

Yep! Was about to say, I've seen this as well

• So cool. Finally got BGP session established.

• Add customer support. Oh wait, you already have customer support? Make it 24/7 please.

Thanked by 1naing
  • @Izax said:
    Add customer support. Oh wait, you already have customer support? Make it 24/7 please.

Sure, it's 24/7 unresponsive guaranteed. Better disable customer support for LET users, lest novice players think it actually works.

Thanked by 2sasslik Izax
  • But at least @hosthatch is upfront about the support for promotional packages and for me, support is hardly use, if needed, I just wait for a reply but it's not urgent cases for me yet. Quite stable so far for my Singapore VPS, very grateful for that!

• Very few providers can offer what HH is (or was) offering on their latest offer

Just the locations alone, add to that, the premium data centers and the DataPacket transit (I don’t even want to imagine the cost of it compared to just using the standard LET HE/Cogent mix)

Even the ordinary prices are great. There’s only a few providers that can match HH price-wise on Storage VMs, for example, and I think none of them have as many locations as HH has to offer, none that I can think of, at least

Personally I’ve been treated very good, but I still have some reservations going all-in on HH seeing screenshots of peoples tickets, some with abnormally high response times

I think they’ve got a lot going on and they’ve grown a lot since I first ordered a VPS with them, recently, they’ve had a big focus on network, maybe once that’s done and the dust has setteled (route optimization etc), the next big thing could (and in my opinion, should) be looking over the whole support routine. Not only tickets, but status pages, updates on social media, there’s a lot in the communications department that could be improved (and they’ve said that themselves on here)

At the end of the day, you can’t do everything at once. Small companies that try that end up involucrated

• Yes, the prices are great, and performance, network, locations, etc, all fantastic, hands down. But the lack of proper support is totally a deal-breaker for any serious use. You absolutely can't rely on a highly promotional plan for your million dollar business, but we're talking about weeks of downtime or without support which becomes unacceptable for hobby projects too. Yes, you may get lucky and never ran into any problems, but it's like driving a fancy car without any insurance.

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • @danninov said:
    Any plan to add block storage?

+1 block storage

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • I need storage VM at JP

• Does your implementation of floating IPs support automatically failing over to another server? e.g. the IP normally goes to server A, but if that server goes down, attach the IP to server B?

It'd be useful to have API endpoints to control which server the floating IP points to. This could be good for blue/green deployment strategies where you have two servers running a web application - one is a staging server and the other is a production server. You first deploy changes to the staging server, and if everything looks good, you flip production traffic to it (effectively swapping the roles of the two servers). If anything goes wrong, you can just flip production traffic to the other server. This is usually done with a load balancer, but a floating IP seems like a great way to do it too.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

One of the features I'm looking forward to is to remove the ALERT ALERT ALERT banner that appears on top of each checkout page whenever a customer is referred to your website via an affiliate link. And the banner has a big button to offer the customer the option to let your company keep the referrer's money.

LOL what the fuck.

• @davide said:
    One of the features I'm looking forward to is to remove the ALERT ALERT ALERT banner that appears on top of each checkout page whenever a customer is referred to your website via an affiliate link. And the banner has a big button to offer the customer the option to let your company keep the referrer's money.

LOL what the fuck.

Screen

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

@emgh said:
    Screen

I want to preserve any good reputation and possible relationship o:)

Edit: BTW @emgh did you learn rust?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @davide said:

@emgh said:
    Screen

I want to preserve any good reputation and possible relationship o:)

Edit: BTW @emgh did you learn rust?

Only a lil’ tcp stream

Mostly working with vue, php/laravel, node & python, can’t spend too much time on any language I choosed on my own, sadly

• @JabJab said:

@emgh said: Screen

https://cloud.hosthatch.com/a/3393
    Click here and test.

Guess I have to log out first 1 sec lol

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Nope, I was logged out. That’s all I see

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

Yes I also get a blank page at first, I have to wait 30 secs on this notebook for the CPU to spit out the page :s

Thanked by 1emgh
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2023

@emgh said: Nope, I was logged out. That’s all I see

Already banned :D

I don't see anything that wrong here.

Thanked by 2emgh Daniel15
  • @davide said:
    Yes I also get a blank page at first, I have to wait 30 secs on this notebook for the CPU to spit out the page :s

The essential ability that matters about all those programming languages is that you know just enough to be able to code the stuff that you want, need, and like to use. The rest of the knowledge comes gradually over time bit by bit as you expand.

When I was a teen all I knew was QBasic. Fuck I did so many things in that elementary language!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Lol why I quote myself.

Let's just blame this new keyboard I received today in the mail. It's all its fault!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @davide said:

@davide said:

The essential ability that matters about all those programming languages is that you know just enough to be able to code the stuff that you want, need, and like to use. The rest of the knowledge comes gradually over time bit by bit as you expand.

When I was a teen all I knew was QBasic. Fuck I did so many things in that elementary language!

This is actually so true.

I guess if you want to work at FAANG etc it’s way different, for me, I want to do my own stuff.

If I can do what I need, great, if not, I’ll fail and then know how.

• @JabJab said:
    I don't see anything that wrong here.

It's all in the verbiage... look carefully at the verbiage!

That message sounds like you are rightfully opting out of some capitalistic miscarriage and an undue appropriation of money by a mischievous referrer. But under that cautionary verbiage, what actually happens is that THEY keep the money!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @davide said:
    Lol why I quote myself.

Let's just blame this new keyboard I received today in the mail. It's all its fault!

Blame the förutsättningar!!!