Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hivelocity VPS is Now Live! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hivelocity VPS is Now Live!

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2023

Hum, is it just me or the price is pretty high? I am used with 1 dollar for 1/20/10 sometimes even unmetered transfer and I have many deals way better than 1 dollar as well, sometimes in exotic locations.
    Maybe it is of better quality and the US premium compared to the EU, but still, 4 times more doesnt seem justified in my view.

Anyway, more competition is better for everyone so, good luck!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Hivelocity_Sales said:
    We randomly went through and handed out around 25 yesterday of the higher-value coupons to get us started. Ran into issues with Paypal not liking $0 for orders or other tiny bugs that always want to happen the day you launch something. Spent time assisting people in DMs yesterday, have a handful that have not completed the verification process or sent bogus information that we are working to get out of our coupon system to release codes. I should have another batch of coupons to release tomorrow.

Congrats on the launch, and congrats on finding bugs to fix! So quickly too! :D (I figure I'm probably waaay too late to get a coupon, but congrats still!)

• Congratulations! could you drop me a code?

• Looks good. CODE PLEASE

• @Hivelocity_Sales said:
    We randomly went through and handed out around 25 yesterday of the higher-value coupons to get us started. Ran into issues with Paypal not liking $0 for orders or other tiny bugs that always want to happen the day you launch something. Spent time assisting people in DMs yesterday, have a handful that have not completed the verification process or sent bogus information that we are working to get out of our coupon system to release codes. I should have another batch of coupons to release tomorrow.

Any plans to add Alma/Rocky 8 images to the order system? You'll be missing out on the cPanel market without those.

• what is this!

something free?

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • its tomorrow

• @Hivelocity_Sales - is there any DDoS protection on this offer?

• I'm here and going to check it out, code please

• Only three locations? Tampa, LA, and NY? Can you deploy to your other locations if reached out privately?

• Hivelocity_SalesHivelocity_Sales Member, Patron Provider

@D9Dan said:

@Hivelocity_Sales said:

Any plans to add Alma/Rocky 8 images to the order system? You'll be missing out on the cPanel market without those.

Almalinux 8: Yes, we're going to support. Our Ops team is adding it to their list of Operating Systems to support in the future. If you need it right now, you can use the custom ISO functionality and upload your own version

Thanked by 1D9Dan
  • @default said:
    @Hivelocity_Sales - is there any DDoS protection on this offer?

Not with Hivelocity (though they got me hooked up with a code) - nothing in the control panel would indicate there is but on their main sales page, it does show the protection is included.

https://www.hivelocity.net/vps/

Scroll about 1/3rd of the way down the page and you'll see the plans/features list

• SSsSSs Member

Hope to get the code!

@mrkaffeine92 said:
    Only three locations? Tampa, LA, and NY? Can you deploy to your other locations if reached out privately?

Those are the only 3 locations offered at this time. We'll release a road map in the coming weeks on the next location offerings.

• could you drop a code?

@seoky said:
    hope get one
    and any looking glass?

https://www.hivelocity.net/about/network/

• @Maounique said:
    Hum, is it just me or the price is pretty high?

That, and people are praising 1 gbit when much cheaper alternatives like Hetzner has 10x

I think they got a very good brand name

@emgh said: Hetzner

To be fair, Europe is cheaper, in traffic at least.

I remember the days in the early-mid 90s when I was thinking the US must be the internet's paradise.

• @Maounique said:

@emgh said: Hetzner

To be fair, Europe is cheaper, in traffic at least.

I remember the days in the early-mid 90s when I was thinking the US must be the internet's paradise.

Hetzner has 2 US locations.

• I would like a code. Excited to try your vps offerings.

@emgh said: Hetzner has 2 US locations.

Carriers like Cogent allow you to split the total traffic among locations. Hezner is a very big customer and I am sure they can get special deals.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • is it possible to request to unblock 25 port?

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

Would like a code, thanks!

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Hivelocity_Sales What Intel/AMD CPU you using on these?

• Need a code too. For vps in LA

• Very good offer!

• Need a code

• interesting,send me code please

• nice offer,send me code please.

• Code please .... Still waiting, was one of the early birds to drop a note ....