Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hivelocity VPS is Now Live! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hivelocity VPS is Now Live!

Comments

• send me code please

• I would like a code, Thanks a lot!!!

• Hey, I got the code!

• Hivelocity_SalesHivelocity_Sales Member, Patron Provider

We are getting caught up on DMs this morning and sending out a few more coupon codes.

• could you drop a code?

• Don't forget me. I'd like a code

• I'd like a coupon code.

• i want code , thanks!

• Yes, please send me coupon code for free VPS services - Thank you :)

• Well, sales rep contacted me via PM and provided "LET23" code. Which shaves off 10 USD from annual price. I don't understand if it is a joke. And to apply code in order to view discount amount it is required to register account.

Dark patterns + there is no function to delete account. Hard pass.

Thanked by 1bench
  • @LTniger said:
    Well, sales rep contacted me via PM and provided "LET23" code. Which shaves off 10 USD from annual price. I don't understand if it is a joke. And to apply code in order to view discount amount it is required to register account.

Can anyone please post on this thread if they received anything close to a year free?

It's safe to say the roll-out of this VPS line and the sheer lack of attention this thread received is a bit disheartening for the normal premium quality I'd expect from Hivelocity.

• @SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:
    Well, sales rep contacted me via PM and provided "LET23" code. Which shaves off 10 USD from annual price. I don't understand if it is a joke. And to apply code in order to view discount amount it is required to register account.

Can anyone please post on this thread if they received anything close to a year free?

It's safe to say the roll-out of this VPS line and the sheer lack of attention this thread received is a bit disheartening for the normal premium quality I'd expect from Hivelocity.

Got a free VPS for a year with coupon.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy Not_Oles
  • Yes, send coupon.

• @SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

I got 3 months - had a different code than LET23 though

• @Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

Just entirely for free or did it require a payment?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

It eventually did require a payment.

I signed up initially, had to verify via paypal or card. I chose the PayPal method. Paypal went through, said I was good to go. The account stayed inactive. I contacted them via PM and they said they were having issues confirming me. I went ahead and did the card route and there was a $1.95 charge to verify - which was later added to my account credit.

So in reality, it was more of a 3 month trial for $1.95.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

I signed up initially, had to verify via paypal or card. I chose the PayPal method. Paypal went through, said I was good to go. The account stayed inactive. I contacted them via PM and they said they were having issues confirming me. I went ahead and did the card route and there was a $1.95 charge to verify - which was later added to my account credit.

Same here, but I lost money from both card and PP. So 12 months for $3.9 verification charges

• @LTniger said:

The same thing happened to me and they only wanted our personal data, the coupon value only showed it when we registered.

• @sh97 said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

Same here, but I lost money from both card and PP. So 12 months for $3.9 verification charges

You did way better than I did! lol. I'd have happily paid $4 for a year!

• @Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

That's what I heard from a couple of people (similar offers + requiring a form of payment) and is what prompted my comment in the first place.

FTC heavily scrutinizes using the words "free" as vaguely as it's used here; in fact, they have specific laws requiring the terms of an offer like this to be clear.

It's just a little bit disappointing to see the way this was rolled out from Hivelocity, but, granted, I hold Hivelocity to a higher standard... mostly because it's a multi-million dollar company with years in the game.

"The customer is not a moron. She's your wife." -David Ogilvy

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @jack2px said:

@LTniger said:

The same thing happened to me and they only wanted our personal data, the coupon value only showed it when we registered.

Eh, I'm moving a good bit away tomorrow and with that comes a phone number change too and the email they have is on the side of my truck...so that'll be useless.

• @Hivelocity_Sales said:
    We are getting caught up on DMs this morning and sending out a few more coupon codes.

When can you send me a code? Seems overlooked :(

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

Hi, we did have several people receive free services. I have DM 75 commenters with coupon codes and we are still working through the 10 pages of comments to make sure that we get to each person.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

Hi, we did have several people receive free services. I have DM 75 commenters with coupon codes and we are still working through the 10 pages of comments to make sure that we get to each person.

Check the response, it is already on page 7. Dear sir, please generously send me a code :)

@LTniger said:

Hi, I don't see a DM from you. I've passed your feedback along about having to create an account to view the coupon code discount amount. You are the first person to provide that feedback to us.

@sh97 said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

Hi, if you have not already sent this in DM can you send me your Client ID. Our VP of Billing is back in the office today. I've got a note out to see what we can do to fix this. We ran into issues with verification last week that the team has been actively working to fix. Our intent is for the service to be free if that is the coupon code that we sent.

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

@Don_Keedic I sent your client ID over to billing to see if we can do a charge back for that amount vs an account credit.

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

@Don_Keedic I sent your client ID over to billing to see if we can do a charge back for that amount vs an account credit.

Right on! Thank you!

• JonesJones Barred
    edited October 2023

@Hivelocity_Sales

ticket
    Created Today at 10:25 Last activity Today at 10:27
    Id #1104881

Please pass the verification, perhaps you should take some time to handle the system malfunction.

More likely, the pace between the after-sales department and the sales department is inconsistent

• I just received the coupon now via PM. Is it recurring?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles