Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whmcs price hike 2024 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whmcs price hike 2024

2»

Comments

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

@PHP_Friends said:
    Isn't WHMCS now part of Plesk or the parent company? Plesk has namely announced yesterday also again a price increase - as every year :D

cPanel, Plesk and WHMCS all announced that January 1st there will be price increases as they are owned by the same company. Pretty big hits and as @jfreak53 mentioned, a lot of this will likely have to be fed down to customers to cover them (of course if people want to continue to use that set of software).

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • hezekiahsharehezekiahshare Member
    edited September 2023

i just think how they think about this, many hosting provider pay for more than $200/month-$1000/month for billing. thats not including CPanel [their increasing their price too next year i think], Litespeed, imunify360 and cloudlinux.
    All of them trying to kill their customer bussiness lightly.
    if you see the server collocation price it just $50-200/1U [Depending server] including server maintence and $500-$1000 server price for 5 years.
    the software license are expensive than the server.

the solution are we can just sell vps without any shared hosting. with blesta billing as very good they are for price and trust. The blesta are only way to move out from whmcs

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

@hezekiahshare said:
    i just think how they think about this, many hosting provider pay for more than $200/month-$1000/month for billing. thats not including CPanel [their increasing their price too next year i think], Litespeed, imunify360 and cloudlinux.
    All of them trying to kill their customer bussiness lightly.
    if you see the server collocation price it just $50-200/1U [Depending server] including server maintence and $500-$1000 server price for 5 years.
    the software license are expensive than the server.

the solution are we can just sell vps without any shared hosting. with blesta billing as very good they are for price and trust. The blesta are only way to move out from whmcs

As a business owner (I've owned 15 companies in 22 years since I was 18, many different companies not just tech-related), I don't think they are trying to "kill their customer base", I think, like all companies right now, "except" the hosting industry, they are raising prices. Have you seen the cost of a gallon of milk :lol:

The tech industry is going crazy with salary increase requirements, especially software developers in and around Austin, Dallas, San Diego, etc. So, that extra cost of salaries, added to the rising costs of health care insurance, and rising costs of doing business in general, prices go up, not down.

See the hosting industry is by far the only industry I have run a business in where customers expect prices to go down year-over-year instead of value-added, new services, and price increases to follow CPI and Inflation. Most leases for properties, especially commercial property (I own a few commercial rental properties) contain a clause for CPI % increase year-over-year. Normally residential landlords don't impose this increase, normally commercial landlords do. The thought is, you are probably as a business rental customer raising your prices year-over-year to cover rising costs, so we must keep up.

Have you ever rented a space inside a mall or strip mall? Those guys are Mafia I tell ya what!! (Hope there are no strip mall owners on here :lol:) Malls all charge based on what you, the business/customer, are making! Say I start a small business with 1,500 sq ft at a mall with low traffic, they review my contract every year as it only lasts 12 months, this year its say $500 a month, oh by the way, they want to see your income analysis sheets before renting you the space. Next year they want to see what you did previous year in sales, if you have increased, they want a cut, and your rent goes up accordingly usually doubles within 1 to 2 years since your income went up. JCPenny's doesn't pay based on Sq Ft, they pay based on annual revenue. I know this for a fact as I've put a business in a few malls over 22 years of doing this.

Every industry I have owned a business in over 22 years increases prices every year to two years to keep up with inflation, rising wage costs, rising health care costs, etc. Hosting is the "ONLY" industry I've owned a business in where customers truly expect lower prices year-over-year. I've watched over 15 years standard shared hosting go from $12.50 a month at Hostgator and Lunarpages wayyyyy back in the day, to now $3 a month is standard across the board, and might I add gawked at and negotiated down if someone can :lol:

The general thought by customers is, in this industry, "well technology has come a long way and now you can host more customers per server node, so price better go down to compensate for cost of running that server at cheaper prices". Not to mention servers 15 years ago were Wattage hogs compared to today's processors, and HDD's spinning compared to SSD power usage. So I get that, definitely! But by and large the hosting industry "expects" lower prices year-over-year as servers hold more customers and tech gets better.

Its one of the few industries where prices are expected to decrease year-over-year. In my IT division I look for value-added services to add to our monthly contracts to warrant minor price increases over the years, "Hmm, what can I add to this contract coming up for renewal that won't cost me much if anything since we're probably already doing it, but add's value to the customer side of things, as I am going to have to increase this coming up in a year or two to cover costs?".

So I get where they are coming from, and why.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2023

https://github.com/sponsors/FOSSBilling

Even if you don't want to use it right now, funneling money to open source competition is a really damn good idea. I don't even use WHMCS but in reaction to this I just changed my sponsorship of FOSSBilling from $25/m to $100/m. Join me?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@jar said:

Even if you don't want to use it right now, funneling money to open source competition is a really damn good idea. I don't even use WHMCS but in reaction to this I just changed my sponsorship of FOSSBilling from $25/m to $100/m. Join me?

Thanks for sharing! I will too!

Thanked by 1jar
  • fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

WHMCS needs to put some of this funding into fixing the broken modules and release some standard modules including support for a good crypto payment gateway.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@jar said:

It is great that you and I and others are providing financial support, but from my understanding the project needs coders to help - there is just too much work to be done and too few people working on the project.

I'd like to encourage people to assist with their time and skills as that is the greatest need!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

Just started to help with translation into romanian language for them.

Thanked by 2jar alento
  • Maybe with WHMCS 10 we will see new features that really help web business to make more profits to pay the price increase =)

• LeviLevi Member

@mimirtech said:
    Maybe with WHMCS 10 we will see new features that really help web business to make more profits to pay the price increase =)

Monero miner script injection for each client area visitor.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@tentor said:
    At some point it will be cheaper to develop own solution from scratch

Already did, I was estimating 6 months tops, ended up taking about 2 years but was worth it in the end.

I asked around here for collaboration as an open source project but all I got in response was a list of requirements, so decided to not go that route 🥲

Pavin.

• keoirkeoir Member, Host Rep

We built our solution at DartNode, I used to run a hosting company back in 2011 and WHMCS had a wonderful lifetime license for like $350 or something. We used to use that license for everything but they stopped offering support for it, and new features a few years back. We have built billing solutions for customers in the past, so decided to take the leap and build something in a few months.

I 100% see the pain of migrating though, back in 2011 it would have been a pain to migrate customers from one billing panel to another and keep everyone happy.

I feel like every industry is currently trying to make more money, and turning into a rev-share/per-customer billing model. I think most of these companies see it as a "all these people are making all this money on something we built, I want a share of that" Ex: Minecraft, FiveM, WHMCS, and more lol

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@kait said:
    Its time for a new era and a new whmcs alternative.

Are you building one?
    I would appreciate free Copy thanks

• kaitkait Member

@HostSlick said:

@kait said:
    Its time for a new era and a new whmcs alternative.

Are you building one?
    I would appreciate free Copy thanks

Ofc habibi.

Thanked by 1sillycat