Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whmcs price hike 2024
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whmcs price hike 2024

rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2023 in General

Just got the below …

Hello,

We are contacting you today to notify you of a pricing adjustment that will affect your existing account, subscriptions, or services.

We realize that any price change directly influences your business, so we aim to provide transparency as soon as possible. This pricing adjustment will be applied automatically from January 1st, 2024. There is no action you need to take at this time and the new prices are published in the 2024 WHMCS Customer License Guide. https://assets.whmcs.com/customer-licensing-guide-2024.pdf

As we continue to deliver the most comprehensive web hosting automation platform on the market, we have expanded our products, features, and services to encompass:
Increased overall security, purchase flows, and user experiences
Additional reselling opportunities via MarketConnect
Integrations for streamlined domain management and registration
Improved detection and system reporting for custom template and email compatibility
Thank you for your continued business and trust. We understand you might have questions, and we invite you to contact us. Please visit https://www.whmcs.com/submit-a-ticket to open a ticket.

Sincerely,
The WHMCS Team

Thanked by 1tentor

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

30%~ increase it appears

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

At some point it will be cheaper to develop own solution from scratch

• You got whmcs'ed.

Thanked by 1MrH
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Crazzzzzy. Web pros really plan to hit everyone on one day with price increases, but with little functionality back.

• edited September 2023

Why is the minimum called a "Plus" license when I don't have a lower option?

Their templates still only support jquery and bootstrap 3/4, so it is feeling more and more like I am paying a premium to drive an old beater. I don't need any of the new bells and whistles they are adding so I don't feel like I should be paying extra for those.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • Time to move to Blesta/Hostbill or even FOSSBilling.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Like clockwork. Will we see from now on some 20-30% just every year? Probably yes.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Should I make an open source billing panel?

Thanked by 1tmepy
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

:/

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Well, glad I am using Blesta for $2/month. Let's see how long that lasts though.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • "Our pricing is designed to reflect the value received by you and your business from the product. "

Previously, WHMCS and cPanel were products that we used in our hosting companies. Now they are partners in the business.

Thanked by 2JamesF Saahib
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

:( Nice !

@BasToTheMax said:
    Should I make an open source billing panel?

Consider contributing to https://github.com/FOSSBilling/FOSSBilling

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

I honestly don't mind these minor year over year price increases. I just wish they amounted to something. WHMCS development has been straight trash for years.

Their UI overhaul of the admin panel resulted in more clicks to accomplish the same goal versus the previous blend template. We've basically just created a bunch of additional hooks to bring back all the blend options in our admin dashboard.

And we have numerous bug reports that have been open for over a year, one that seems quite prevalent regarding the mass pay feature. They've acknowledged these bugs exist and given us "CORE-XXXX" numbers to track them, but they have yet to be fixed in many incremental releases, and one major release.

Also their "ideas" or their "feature request" portion of their website is the most useless thing in the world. Tons of good ideas/feature suggestions have hundreds of votes, but have been sitting at "under consideration" for years.

eg. Single page checkout, hCaptcha/Recaptchav3/Turnstile implementation, Paypal smart buttons, hourly billing, etc. have all gone "under consideration" for years.

The fact that the WHMCS dev team cannot create these features in years, while third party developers have done it in weeks, shows a significant disconnect between their team and their customers.

• @COLBYLICIOUS said: Time to move to Blesta/Hostbill or even FOSSBilling.

@BasToTheMax said: Should I make an open source billing panel?

Same shit every time and WHMCS continues on..

Honesty this 💯 true, WHMCS don’t seem to bring the requests clients ask for, instead they offer what makes them more money. We then have to rely on 3rd party developers.

• @JamesF said:
    Honesty this 💯 true, WHMCS don’t seem to bring the requests clients ask for, instead they offer what makes them more money. We then have to rely on 3rd party developers.

Also 💯 true.

If they were pumping out new features, listening to our feedback and generally making the product better, I don't think I would mind the price increase...

But WHMCS has kinda been stagnant and about half it's functionality comes from a 3rd party dev/plugin.

What on earth is WebPro's long term plan here? This can't be sustainable?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

I guess they continue to loose customers. So they increasing the price to compensate for the loss.

Thanked by 2hostdare RIYAD
  • Embarrassing

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@tentor said:
    At some point it will be cheaper to develop own solution from scratch

Unfortunately not always the case. The amount of time, effort into it is usually not worth it, especially the integrations and management time. If you were going to do any sort of DIY, you'd have an easier time just throwing a facelift on an existing panel (e.g., HB/Blesta/ClientExec) and letting them be responsible for maintenance of the automation, backend, etc.

@wdmg said: facelift on an existing panel (e.g., HB/Blesta/ClientExec)

Eventually it will encounter same WHMCS did.

@tentor said:

@wdmg said: facelift on an existing panel (e.g., HB/Blesta/ClientExec)

Eventually it will encounter same WHMCS did.

Yes, I bought HB, Blesta and CE.

HostBill was the closest on function, but a lot to learn, so I hadn’t moved yet.

I was waiting on CE7 but I think it got lost somewhere.

WHMCS is really the best of a bad bunch at the moment, especially with 3rd arty stuff.

Thanked by 1tentor
  • HostBill is actually cheaper now if this comes into effect.

• WHMCS has a mature ecosystem, such as many plug-ins, templates, etc., so for many people, migrating to other platforms will lead to a lot of problems arising from the development of other systems of plug-ins will also bring more cost enhancement, even if the price of whmcs is getting more and more expensive, a lot of people still have to continue to use.

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

@zrj766 said:
    WHMCS has a mature ecosystem, such as many plug-ins, templates, etc., so for many people, migrating to other platforms will lead to a lot of problems arising from the development of other systems of plug-ins will also bring more cost enhancement, even if the price of whmcs is getting more and more expensive, a lot of people still have to continue to use.

This here. For us it would be very difficult, and we have a separate development division in-house. We have integrated a lot, not everything, but a lot into our WHMCS over the years.

Project management, hourly billable, all 3 divisions billing, automated expense tracking, probably some I'm forgetting haha.

It wouldnt be difficult for us and be very time consuming to make something to replace it 1 for 1.

Just not worth it.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2023

Honestly, WHMCS is still cheap as heck, if you are running your whole business on it.
    With the new 2024 increase...$0.05-$0.10 per client account.
    Unless you are selling $0.50/month shared hosting or $1.00/month VPS, the cost per client is minimal.
    If you are unhappy paying $59.95/month for 1000 client license for example, you are doing something wrong in your business.
    If anything, they should be raising the WHMCS more, and lowering the excessive CPanel pricing.
    But then again, large corporations are using and can afford CPanel, and not really the same target market for WHMCS users.
    I can understand startups maybe having an issue with starting license price, but in reality you should not be starting a business without some capital behind you to make that affordable anyways.

Now something that does aggravate me, is Intuit, when they doubled the Quickbooks cost recently, supplied nothing important new, and the increase is not tied to an increase in revenue for the company. Just doubling the prices because they could, and sticking it to their client base, for something that was very expensive to begin with.

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1jfreak53
  • The actual value stands in the third-party add-ons that you can get for WHMCS. Try getting the same functionality for the same price on other solutions. Also, a 30% hike with today's overall costs is standard.
    Just by charging for IP's the costs in So You Start went from like 0 to 100% increase in less than 1 year.
    This is normal in this defective economy.

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

@SmartHost said:
    Honestly, WHMCS is still cheap as heck, if you are running your whole business on it.
    With the new 2024 increase...$0.05-$0.10 per client account.
    Unless you are selling $0.50/month shared hosting or $1.00/month VPS, the cost per client is minimal.
    If you are unhappy paying $59.95/month for 1000 client license for example, you are doing something wrong in your business.
    If anything, they should be raising the WHMCS more, and lowering the excessive CPanel pricing.
    But then again, large corporations are using and can afford CPanel, and not really the same target market for WHMCS users.
    I can understand startups maybe having an issue with starting license price, but in reality you should not be starting a business without some capital behind you to make that affordable anyways.

Now something that does aggravate me, is Intuit, when they doubled the Quickbooks cost recently, supplied nothing important new, and the increase is not tied to an increase in revenue for the company. Just doubling the prices because they could, and sticking it to their client base, for something that was very expensive to begin with.

~ SMARTHOST

Thats kind of how I feel about it. We run all 3 divisions from it, some customers are worth $2 a month for a single vps, but others are part of our IT division and have an active maintenance contract worth much, much more, Sooo 🤷‍♂️

When we started 22 years ago we started with manual billing, and I know some small businesses who still do. Then we moved to a simple open source billing platform, then to WHMCS when we could afford it.

I feel if you can't afford a small price hike like what they have done you're either at the wrong stage to use it, or you're not doing something right in business, I.e. your prices are too low. Which is a common occurence in this industry.

A very smart business owner, a mentor of mine for many years, once said to me, "don't be afraid to pass a price increase to customers if you have to". He said this to me after a pennies price hike from his distributor in China for snaps, they buy them by the tens of thousands, so its a big price hike. It costs money to run a business, cant do it for free, price increases happen.

I mean google and Microsoft have raised their prices this year, since as a reseller we make pennies to keep with advertised price, we had to increase our prices of course. It happens.

Cpanel is kind of annoying, but again, unless your hosting hundreds of customers per server its not a massive deal. We only do 50 to 75 per server, so its annoying but not a major problem.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Isn't WHMCS now part of Plesk or the parent company? Plesk has namely announced yesterday also again a price increase - as every year :D

• Its time for a new era and a new whmcs alternative.