Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rPI-5 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

rPI-5

2»

Comments

• @jar said:
    I’ll take 5. You laugh but you all have more idle VPS than I do 🤣

My idle VPS is a 3D printed mini server rack filled with RPIs.

Send photos! (doesnt have to be recent ones)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Erisa said:

@jar said:

Send photos! (doesnt have to be recent ones)

I’m not near it right now but this is it: https://www.etsy.com/listing/271008828/tiny-raspberry-pi-server-rack-cluster

Looks really cool on a desk 💜

Thanked by 2Erisa default
  • If the price will be around same like here https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-5?variant=41044580204627 it's quite good compared to Raspi4. $200 total is far away.

• Will RPi4 drop in price as RPi5 will be released?

• @default said:
    Will RPi4 drop in price as RPi5 will be released?

I think the price of RPi 4 is also going up due to manufacturing costs affected by the pandemic.
    However, the exchange rate may change as well.
    In my case, the Japanese yen was cheap, so I think the RPi price in Japan will rise considerably in the future.

• @default said:
    Will RPi4 drop in price as RPi5 will be released?

Haha.
    No.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jar said:

So, you have (hopefully not idling) dedis, you evil man! *g

Thanked by 2jar yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

My idle dedi is a Raspberry Pi 400 on my table.
    Its hostname is pi4 because the SD card used to be in a Raspberry Pi 4 and I never reinstalled since the upgrade.

Booting from SD cards is a benefit of Raspberry Pi devices, because you can swap cards for different use cases.
    We used to do so on PCs with floppy disks, but they are less reliable than SD cards.

Would there be a Raspberry Pi 500?

• @yoursunny said:
    My idle dedi is a Raspberry Pi 400 on my table.
    Its hostname is pi4 because the SD card used to be in a Raspberry Pi 4 and I never reinstalled since the upgrade.

Booting from SD cards is a benefit of Raspberry Pi devices, because you can swap cards for different use cases.
    We used to do so on PCs with floppy disks, but they are less reliable than SD cards.

Would there be a Raspberry Pi 500?

Most likely there will be. Raspberry Pi 5 has 4K display ports and 2 times more power. It would be sad not to integrate it into a keyboard with a small ventilator and add a Windows license.