Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared downtime nightmare - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared downtime nightmare

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hyperblast said: cpanel upgrade too? @Francisco

Ah hah, I gotta upgrade to Alma 8, that makes sense. OK.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@hyperblast said: cpanel upgrade too? @Francisco

Ah hah, I gotta upgrade to Alma 8, that makes sense. OK.

Francisco

nice! 2fa for webmail then!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@gapper said:
    "Hello, Start at 12:00PM GMT -7 on Saturday September 23rd, we will be taking each Directadmin node offline to perform a hardware upgrade. All nodes will be upgraded to Ryzen 7900 with extra RAM and 2x the local storage. This will nearly double the performance of the current nodes, and in some cases even more. We expect the downtime to take around 1 - 2 hours, depending on transfer times. We thank you for your patronage."

Just got this from Frantech, what a nightmare for their competitors! Buyshared (Frantech) is the best provider of the world, good support, awesome hardware, good uptime, best of the best for very low price. I am really surprised.

Keep up the good work Fran, I love you.

I simply see clickbait. IMO you're not doing @Francisco a favour and his operation can live very well without such trickery.

• @jsg said: I simply see clickbait. IMO you're not doing @Francisco a favour and his operation can live very well without such trickery.

I see you're still being a tit.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Lee said:

@jsg said: I simply see clickbait. IMO you're not doing @Francisco a favour and his operation can live very well without such trickery.

Thanks for the big compliment, because coming from you that is a compliment. Btw, not meaning to confuse you but this thread has a topic (don't worry I'm not expecting you to suddenly respect that).

@jsg said:

@Lee said:

@jsg said: I simply see clickbait. IMO you're not doing @Francisco a favour and his operation can live very well without such trickery.

Thanks for the big compliment, because coming from you that is a compliment. Btw, not meaning to confuse you but this thread has a topic (don't worry I'm not expecting you to suddenly respect that).

Please, not today.

Lets just enjoy the upgrades :)

Francisco

LUX cpanel nodes have been upgraded :) I’ll announce another maintenance very soon to get to Alma 8.

Vegas for this Wednesday I’m thinking. 7pm start time. Will have Karen email in the morning.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Matix8981 hyperblast
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@JamesF said:

@MikePT said:

@Francisco said:

@BetaRacks said:

@Francisco said:
    Thanks bae.

I'll try to get it done faster, but we'll see how quickly data syncs over.

Francisco

Will existing customers get 2x the storage space?

No, just the node is getting more storage. We are simply normalizing the hardware and for the new namecrane plans we are releasing we need the added storage.

@mwt said:

@rafaelscs said:
    i think maybe increase the price and have backups, or another plan with increase value but have backups

I think it has backups

All plans and nodes have jetbackups. Our time with acronis was… interesting. Jet on DA has been solid so far.

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    I saw their packages, I wanted to buy them but Francisco send a message to me that the BuyShared doesn't include any DDoS protection which is a big minus for me.

I don’t feel like tanking large HTTP floods from users paying $10/year or whatever. Layer 4 mitigation will be applied as needed but if you need more than that you should buy a vps.

@Arkas said:
    Any Cpanel reseller deals in the future? :smile:

We are going to put out revised plans that will include some user accounts with them. We will also be adjusting the pricing of additional users while we’re at it.

Francisco

Acronis... Pff. Don't like. Won't use. Horrible. Nah. No way. JB for life.

What issues did you have with Acronis? I restored some sites and it seemed fine.

So many, while restoring websites, and as admin too, worked for several companies running it, all moved out from Acronis to JB.

• congrats, lv-01 like a jet now

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited September 2023

@Francisco said:
    LUX cpanel nodes have been upgraded :) I’ll announce another maintenance very soon to get to Alma 8.

Vegas for this Wednesday I’m thinking. 7pm start time. Will have Karen email in the morning.

Francisco

Alama 8 means cPanel update to latest version! 👍🏻 @Francisco
    another maintenance very soon... what does very soon mean?

This weekend probably. If I can get the LV nodes done quick enough I'll probably do Alma at the same time.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • Acronis... Pff. Don't like. Won't use. Horrible. Nah. No way. JB for life.

What issues did you have with Acronis? I restored some sites and it seemed fine.

So many, while restoring websites, and as admin too, worked for several companies running it, all moved out from Acronis to JB.

Hi, sorry to hear about your experience, any chance you could share an example of a support ticket, so I could look deeper?

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • @Francisco Still working on LV?

@johnnyquestion said: @Francisco Still working on LV?

No I had to reschedule the Vegas one to this Saturday :( I ran into some dumb issue with the fiber cables. Once I figured it out I was already out of time to get the other prep work done.

It's OK, it'll go quick :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • @Francisco said:

This weekend probably. If I can get the LV nodes done quick enough I'll probably do Alma at the same time.

Francisco

any news on this topic? @Francisco

• saf31saf31 Member
    edited September 2023

I have been a happy customer of buyshared for five years. Just running one wordpress site with excellent performance and reliability. I would like to see some Directadmin shared hosting plans with adjusted pricing/resource. I guess there are many users who will just install wordpress/joomla/drupal and the control panel does not matter that much. Great work @Francisco , wish you and your team all the best.

@saf31 said:
    I have been a happy customer of buyshared for five years. Just running one wordpress site with excellent performance and reliability. I would like to see some Directadmin shared hosting plans with adjusted pricing/resource. I guess there are many users who will just install wordpress/joomla/drupal and the control panel does not matter that much. Great work @Francisco , wish you and your team all the best.

Not sure we can adjust the price down much before we're basically hosting for free after fees.

You can put up some ideas for more resources and i'll at least listen. We do have more plans on the way for what it's worth, but they're much much bigger plans (and so, fetch a higher price).

Francisco

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • @Francisco said:

@saf31 said:

Not sure we can adjust the price down much before we're basically hosting for free after fees.

I don’t see the issue

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • @Francisco said:

@rohitpoint said:
    I'm using 20G DA reseller hosting from long time.. Everything is good according to prices. But downtime and server response time is very bad.

Let me know the location and node in PM and i'll check. The 3900x's, while great, still get bogged. The 7900's fixed all issues in LUX for us, so I expect the same here in LV.

Part of the 3900x's issues is they just run really freaking hot, so they throttle at times.

Still, I'm scheduled to do the Vegas maintenance in about an hour, just installing the new nodes as we speak.

Francisco

Thanks for your reply, Here is my details-
    Location - Las Vegas, Node- lv-shared03

@rohitpoint said:

@Francisco said:

@rohitpoint said:
    I'm using 20G DA reseller hosting from long time.. Everything is good according to prices. But downtime and server response time is very bad.

Let me know the location and node in PM and i'll check. The 3900x's, while great, still get bogged. The 7900's fixed all issues in LUX for us, so I expect the same here in LV.

Part of the 3900x's issues is they just run really freaking hot, so they throttle at times.

Still, I'm scheduled to do the Vegas maintenance in about an hour, just installing the new nodes as we speak.

Francisco

Thanks for your reply, Here is my details-
    Location - Las Vegas, Node- lv-shared03

Cpanel? Directadmin? DA is fully upgraded at this point and cpanel is done tonight.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hyperblast

Sorry you said DA already.

I would check now. The upgrades got done about a week ago.

Ticket if you’re still seeing issues but as of now the cpu is like 10% usage for the whole node.

Francisco

• Hello Francisco I have a question regarding the RAM of lv-shared01, is 128GB of RAM enough for such a powerful processor? Does the server supports 256GB of RAM? Just being curious...

@gapper said: Hello Francisco I have a question regarding the RAM of lv-shared01, is 128GB of RAM enough for such a powerful processor? Does the server supports 256GB of RAM? Just being curious...

lv-shared01 is using only 20G of RAM, the rest is going to cache. We aren't adding anymore uses to these nodes (the cPanel's will though since they've not been 'sold' on in a year or two), so the total RAM is more than OK.

We can technically go up to 192G if I wanted, but I don't see a need.

Francisco

Thanked by 2gapper abangnoob
  • @Francisco any update for hardware upgrades cpanel lv-shared04

Action Failed Unable to auto-login. Please contact support.

• @Francisco said:
    [...] (the cPanel's will though since they've not been 'sold' on in a year or two), [...]

what does that mean? can you please explain it to me briefly? is lu-shared04 also affected by this?

cPanel version on lu-shared04 is still 110.0.10

@Francisco

@hyperblast said: what does that mean? can you please explain it to me briefly? is lu-shared04 also affected by this?

You got a couple things going at once.

The cPanel nodes, both shared & resellers, were 'sold out' for years now because we were trying to fight against the market on cPanel. We were being stubborn and didn't want to offer it.

Given our focus on getting Namecrane operational, we opened sales on the shared hosting plans (and those nodes) in February, with cPanel resellers opening for sale again in June.

All cPanel nodes are going to be stuck on 110.0.10. I'll have to schedule for a reboot outage next weekend.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @Francisco said:

@hyperblast said: what does that mean? can you please explain it to me briefly? is lu-shared04 also affected by this?

You got a couple things going at once.

The cPanel nodes, both shared & resellers, were 'sold out' for years now because we were trying to fight against the market on cPanel. We were being stubborn and didn't want to offer it.

Given our focus on getting Namecrane operational, we opened sales on the shared hosting plans (and those nodes) in February, with cPanel resellers opening for sale again in June.

All cPanel nodes are going to be stuck on 110.0.10. I'll have to schedule for a reboot outage next weekend.

Francisco

already rebootet? @Francisco

@hyperblast said: already rebootet? @Francisco

No, I'll arrange an email soon :)

We had a bumpy ride from the network changes/cutover, so I wanted to give people a bit of a break from things.

Things have been good though. I'm happy.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • @Francisco lv-shared01 is rocket since the change, very thanks

• @Francisco said:

@hyperblast said: already rebootet? @Francisco

No, I'll arrange an email soon :)

We had a bumpy ride from the network changes/cutover, so I wanted to give people a bit of a break from things.

Francisco

@Francisco
    you didn't expect too much from me! a cpanel upgrade would still be very customer-friendly and would also greatly increase the security of webmail through 2-fa! please reconsider your decision.

cpanel will also run well after an upgrade and people will be happy.