Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared downtime nightmare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared downtime nightmare

"Hello, Start at 12:00PM GMT -7 on Saturday September 23rd, we will be taking each Directadmin node offline to perform a hardware upgrade. All nodes will be upgraded to Ryzen 7900 with extra RAM and 2x the local storage. This will nearly double the performance of the current nodes, and in some cases even more. We expect the downtime to take around 1 - 2 hours, depending on transfer times. We thank you for your patronage."

Just got this from Frantech, what a nightmare for their competitors! Buyshared (Frantech) is the best provider of the world, good support, awesome hardware, good uptime, best of the best for very low price. I am really surprised.

Keep up the good work Fran, I love you.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I see what you did there...

Thanked by 3mrTom equalz netomx
  • EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@gapper said:
    very low price. I am really surprised.

Cheap doesn't have to mean bad, and in many cases, it doesn't - it's largely a case of knowing where to look.

Thanked by 3nick_ sasslik loay
  • Give this man a free 1 year extension @Francisco

Marketing is good. My man

Thanked by 3greentea gapper netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks bae.

I'll try to get it done faster, but we'll see how quickly data syncs over.

Francisco

Thanked by 3hapkido greentea wiggy
  • Hope buyshared has more stock daily and Slice gets updated to 5900 sooner.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I thought they used CPanel not DA.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @JamesF said:

They offer both

edited September 2023

@ahnlak said:

@JamesF said:

They offer both

Correct. Cpanel is getting the same upgrade. LUX this weekend and Vegas probably next weekend.

We are redoing our plans for namecrane and will have more favorable cpanel allocations.

Imunify was added to all of DA and cpanel will get it this or next week. Basically work to make things feature and value parity where possible, instead of cpanel being treated like the red headed step child no one wants.

Francisco

Thanked by 2greentea hyperblast
  • bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

Best sort of clickbait :D, saw this in their discord only way up with BuyVM

Thanked by 1Francisco

Just purchased DA reseller. After running my own DA VPS, I must say the reseller service seems great so far. I can easily restore my backups without giving support the headache.

Thanked by 2Ympker Francisco
  • @Francisco said:
    Imunify was added to all of DA and cpanel will get it this or next week. Basically work to make things feature and value parity where possible, instead of cpanel being treated like the red headed step child no one wants.

Francisco

I cannot find Imunify in lv-shared02 (DA).

• @Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

He said this week or next week.

Probably check in 2 weeks.

• emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

He said this week or next week.

Probably check in 2 weeks.

No:

@Francisco said: Imunify was added to all of DA and cpanel will get it this or next week.

&

@Chalipa said: I cannot find Imunify in lv-shared02 (DA).

Thanked by 1Chalipa
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited September 2023

@emgh said: No:

Eh fair enough.

That's on me for skimming.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:

@emgh said: No:

Eh fair enough.

That's on me for skimming.

Yeah, first thought he was impatient but realized after awhile :smile:

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Give that another look :) Should have 01 & 03 done in a few minutes too, just reinstalling the DA module.

Francisco

Thanked by 2emgh Chalipa
  • @Francisco said:

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Give that another look :) Should have 01 & 03 done in a few minutes too, just reinstalling the DA module.

Francisco

Great, once you’re done, offer Ryzen dedis for $15 thx

@emgh said: Great, once you’re done, offer Ryzen dedis for $15 thx

Franmach isn't a thing friend.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@emgh said: Great, once you’re done, offer Ryzen dedis for $15 thx

Franmach isn't a thing friend.

Francisco

But it could be friend.

emgh

• BetaRacksBetaRacks Member
    edited September 2023

@Francisco said:
    Thanks bae.

Francisco

Will existing customers get 2x the storage space?

• luxembourg got this message last month, downtime only 1 hour.

but need couple days to enable nodeJS and Python support, and need about a 1-2 weeks to enable immunify360.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Any Cpanel reseller deals in the future? :smile:

• Looks like first downtime for my buyshared and it's scheduled!

If you want a free Blesta licensed, don't see any further!

Either buyvm or buyshared will get you one and you can safely run on them with good performance!

• RHCHostingRHCHosting Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:
    I see what you did there...

lol

• I saw their packages, I wanted to buy them but Francisco send a message to me that the BuyShared doesn't include any DDoS protection which is a big minus for me.

• i think maybe increase the price and have backups, or another plan with increase value but have backups

• @rafaelscs said:
    i think maybe increase the price and have backups, or another plan with increase value but have backups

I think it has backups

has backups already.

edited September 2023

@BetaRacks said:

@Francisco said:
    Thanks bae.

Francisco

Will existing customers get 2x the storage space?

No, just the node is getting more storage. We are simply normalizing the hardware and for the new namecrane plans we are releasing we need the added storage.

@mwt said:

@rafaelscs said:
    i think maybe increase the price and have backups, or another plan with increase value but have backups

I think it has backups

All plans and nodes have jetbackups. Our time with acronis was… interesting. Jet on DA has been solid so far.

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    I saw their packages, I wanted to buy them but Francisco send a message to me that the BuyShared doesn't include any DDoS protection which is a big minus for me.

I don’t feel like tanking large HTTP floods from users paying $10/year or whatever. Layer 4 mitigation will be applied as needed but if you need more than that you should buy a vps.

@Arkas said:
    Any Cpanel reseller deals in the future? :smile:

We are going to put out revised plans that will include some user accounts with them. We will also be adjusting the pricing of additional users while we’re at it.

Francisco

@abangnoob said:
    luxembourg got this message last month, downtime only 1 hour.

but need couple days to enable nodeJS and Python support, and need about a 1-2 weeks to enable immunify360.

Python and NodeJS should be enabled in most places. I need to do a pass over the cpanel nodes and make sure it’s good there. :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1abangnoob