Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alexhost.com - Free DNS service for everyone!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alexhost.com - Free DNS service for everyone!

alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2023 in Offers

Free DNS is a system that signifies a key role in the functioning of the Internet. Its purpose is to convert human-readable domain names, such as example.com, into numeric IP addresses, which are used by computers and networks to identify each other online.

Tired of common DNS services? We are now offering an alternative for that solutions.

🟢Fault tolerance

🟢Redundancy and Failover

🟢DNS Load Balancing

🟢Scalability

🟢Add up to 20 domains For Free

😊 You can find more detailed information on our website: https://alexhost.com/dns/

⚙️ How To Set Up and Configure DNS service: https://bill.alexhost.com/knowledgebase/article/33/how-to-set-up-and-configure-dns-service/

Looking Glass: https://lg.alexhost.com/
ASN: AS200019

Did you know that we also have other services like private message?
https://msg.alexhost.com/

If you have any question, issue please contact us through ticket (recommended) or livechat!

Alexhost

Comments

• Common AlexHost W, great work.

• Wow...nice!

Redundancy and Failover is a premium service normally!

Will check it out, thanks!

• Nice

• Wow! Thank you!

• Good job! Thanks!

• keplerkepler Member
    edited September 2023

Cool bean. Product details showed free 100 zones though. Soooo its 20 or 100?

Also, yahoo hardbounced both your welcome email and order # email, "5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons". Might wanna look into that.

• I didn't even need to provide Hetzner with this much information...

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • Any API?

• @sillycat said: I didn't even need to provide Hetzner with this much information...

damn really ? They basically asked me for everything but a blood sample.

• Nice to see this! If anyone tries it out, please let us know how it goes for you!

• After the leakage of email addresses, now I can't login and can't even reset the password for an account unused since 2021. I wonder how this provider managed to survive for so long; and most importantly: why is it allowed to post offers on LET after that email leakage?

Thanked by 3sasslik Page lowkey
  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@default said: I wonder how this provider managed to survive for so long

Second link from google:

In approximately May 2022, the hosting provider AlexHost accidentally carbon-copied all of their users on an email, allowing anyone who got the email to see the other people. The leak included Email addresses and Full names. In total, 1.5k Clients had their information exposed.

Compromised data: Email addresses, Full names

I doubt that leak had any serious impact on their operations. Only few angry customers due privacy violation.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2023

@tentor said:
    I doubt that leak had any serious impact on their operations. Only few angry customers due privacy violation.

Yes, 1500 customers is just a few. No impact.

@default said: 1500 customer is just a few

Email addresses are mostly useless. However it is well established practise to use unique email address per each registered service, but it is mostly anti-spam measure.

@default said: No impact

Yes, I believe it is very low impact. There was no leak of highly sensitive information like passwords, credit card information, etc.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2023

@tentor said:

@default said: 1500 customer is just a few

Email addresses are mostly useless.

Are you shitting me? Really? You like receiving spam?

However it is well established practise to use unique email address per each registered service,

Really? You think a person ordering a service online thinks about creating different email accounts for every provider? Are you serious in your argument that majority of those 1500 accounts are just disposable email addresses, or email addresses easy to block? A provider wants honest customers, and real money, and then considers customers as disposable like that?

but it is mostly anti-spam measure.

You really think a consumer when ordering thinks first about being spammed by a provider? You honestly think the general population does that?

@default said: No impact

Yes, I believe it is very low impact. There was no leak of highly sensitive information like passwords, credit card information, etc.

So email addresses and spam (which is illegal) are very low impact. Like someone receiving a trojan on their mail which then exposes their cookies of other websites is very low impact.

Honestly! Like honestly! I would send you somewhere where an extremely vulgar language would be used... but I let you on your own... because your comment says a lot about how much you value other people, or your customers.

Thanked by 2sasslik skippy
  • @default said:

Thanked by 2default tentor
    edited September 2023

@default said: You think a person ordering a service online thinks about creating different email accounts for every provider?

Yes

UPD: I haven't noticed "accounts", thought you meant "addresses". There is no need for thousands of email accounts, please refer to the services simplelogin.io and addy.io

@default said: A provider wants honest customers, and real money, and then considers customers as disposable like that?

There is no issue with disposable email as long as it forwards letters.

@default said: You like receiving spam?

Surely no, and this is why you really should consider using services like simplelogin.io and addy.io

@default said: You really think a consumer when ordering thinks first about being spammed by a provider?

This is very common within the privacy enthusiasts community.

@default said: So email addresses and spam (which are illegal) are very low impact. Like someone receiving a trojan on their mail which then exposes their cookies to other websites is very low impact.

Let it be legal or not (depends on your jurisdiction), I am sure that impact from spam is low nowadays. When you are referring to distribution of any kind of malware via email as a carrier it is only targeted attacks against specific organization or person. Gmail/Yahoo/Microsoft/... are fast at blocking global-scale spam given that they are too restrictive against attachments.

Personally I receive lots of junk to my gmail, however all letters are already moved into Spam folder.

@default said: I would send you somewhere where a very vulgar language would be used...

Here you go: [email protected] ;) (it is publicly available in my profile description)

TL;DR: too much drama for offer post.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2023

@tentor - Skhron provider - welcome to my providers blacklist. I hereby promise to never be your customer.

Thanked by 1sasslik

@default said:
    welcome to my providers blacklist

Can you share full list?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2023

@tentor said:

@default said:
    welcome to my providers blacklist

Can you share full list?

I have integrity and dignity. I shall never share such personal lists or personal tastes openly, because these concern me and fancy only me.

I do not go assuming a provider is bad or that it uses disposable information; that is until proven otherwise. You have proven me otherwise, therefore I promise to never be your customer (or a customer of Skhron). Besides, there are many other providers and offers out there to choose from - which is why I am on low-end communities.

Thank you for the comments provided. These were highly useful with regards to you as a provider.

@default said: I have integrity and dignity

@default said: I shall never share such [...] personal tastes openly

@default said: therefore I promised to never be your customer

And you did it publicly for some purpose :)

@default said: These were highly useful with regards to you as a provider.

This is mutually.

• neckbreakerneckbreaker Member
    edited September 2023

Thank you Alexhost for providing quality services out of pretty rare location which is Moldova.
    I wish the DNS was anycasted(between MD and NL), but maybe It would make sense for paid plans.

Thanks anyways, I will happily use it whenever I have a project that requires something like that.

@sillycat said: I didn't even need to provide Hetzner with this much information...

Unlike Hetzner, they are very very unlikely to verify what you type there ;)

• are passwords stored in plaintext? I created an account and got my password mailed back at me, which is bad enough already

• @bermudi said:
    are passwords stored in plaintext? I created an account and got my password mailed back at me, which is bad enough already

Shh! They are better than Hetzner, don't you get it? :smirk:

• From the screenshots, there doesn't seem to be a way to use this as secondary DNS for a domain? I would have expected that that's the primary use case a lot of people would have... Primary DNS with one provider, and secondary DNS with a different one.

The main AlexHost site doesn't even load for me. I just get a message "Checking if the site connection is secure" and the page keeps refreshing every 5 seconds or so, showing the same message.

• Offtopic, however:

Did you know that we also have other services like private message?
    https://msg.alexhost.com/

can become open source?

Thanked by 1Durs
  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

@Daniel15 said:
    From the screenshots, there doesn't seem to be a way to use this as secondary DNS for a domain? I would have expected that that's the primary use case a lot of people would have... Primary DNS with one provider, and secondary DNS with a different one.

The main AlexHost site doesn't even load for me. I just get a message "Checking if the site connection is secure" and the page keeps refreshing every 5 seconds or so, showing the same message.

Hi, our website is working.

Tested right now.

@kait said:
    Common AlexHost W, great work.

Thanks dear, Kait.

@default said:
    After the leakage of email addresses, now I can't login and can't even reset the password for an account unused since 2021. I wonder how this provider managed to survive for so long; and most importantly: why is it allowed to post offers on LET after that email leakage?

We've already answered this in various threads where you've commented. And I'll say it again. That was human error! It happens, there's no going back unfortunately.

We've admitted it before, but you always try to raise the question, even when it's been answered time and time again. How about talking about your relationship with Cociu?

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @alexhost said: It happens, there's no going back unfortunately.

The shame will drag you on until you change your company name, domain, your own name, sex, hair color and stop drinking divin.

• I'm still curious about the passwords tho

@bermudi said:
    are passwords stored in plaintext? I created an account and got my password mailed back at me, which is bad enough already

• @bermudi said:
    I'm still curious about the passwords tho

@bermudi said:

He use Hostbill. Hostbill send email and take password in plain text before encrypting it and sending to DB. Your data is safe, Hostbill use modern day encryption.

Thanked by 1bermudi